Gastelum is going to retire Bisping

gatsby121

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I love Bisping but he is going to take a beating Saturday night. He has too much going on outside the octagon and does not need to continue to take damage. not hating whatsoever I just cant see how he continues after this next bout.

Absolutely not. Bisping stated his retirement fight will be in London in march. Thread is over.

I think he'll whip Bisping, but if Bisping says he wants to retire in March, he'll surely fight in march, unless he takes some kind of insane beating which leaves him suspended.

Ping not going out on a L

He'll be given a favourable match-up for the London card and that will be it.

Bisping was getting out struck by 50 year old Dan Henderson.

Gastelum by rape, no lube style.

He's gonna 1 2 combo Bisping's face all night before KOing him.

2017 and people still count out Bisping.
<36>

He's bad matchup for Bisping no doubt.

Can't be worse than taking a headkick from TRT Vitor <45>

041890610b5d5004cb139bf8dc7d8181--ufc-knockouts-ufc-boxing.jpg

2017 and people still count out Bisping.
<36>
He's fighting against a young, lightning-fast guy with an iron chin. Horrible stylistic matchup, not to mention Gastelum has had a full camp and Bisping is coming off of getting stopped, and will now cut weight a second time in 2 months.

This could end up being another sacrifice to the just bleed god.

Wait what? Bisping was out struck by Dan???

I must've missed that fight. Although I do specifically remember Bisping's hand being raised, but maybe I was mistaken?

That moment when the thread preview reads "Gastelum is going to retire...".

He's fighting against a young, lightning-fast guy with an iron chin. Horrible stylistic matchup, not to mention Gastelum has had a full camp and Bisping is coming off of getting stopped, and will now cut weight a second time in 2 months.

Haha, for all of my argumentative nature I agree it is a pretty bad matchup for Bisping. But then again, many Bisping haters have been in the position of eating their words over the years.

The same was said before the Brian Stann fight (genuinely, I remember!), they said it about Belcher and Le. They said it about Silva and the 2nd Rockhold fight. And they said Hendo II was a terrible match up for him - even though most of those who said that at the time now claim Hendo was "overrage and half senile".

I agree it doesn't look good for him, but surely we understand that we are far more used to seeing Bisping defy the odds than succumb to them.

Gastelum by rape, no lube style.

He's gonna 1 2 combo Bisping's face all night before KOing him.
what are the chances he chokes him after dropping him? I wanna bet on him by KO but I know he'll fuck me by going for the RNC

In 2017 people counted him out against GSP.
It's a good thing Gastelum is tiers below GSP. Bet you thought Bisping wouldn't beat Silva or Rockhold either. Same old shit.

In 2017 people counted him out against GSP.
It's a good thing Gastelum is tiers below GSP. Bet you thought Bisping wouldn't beat Silva or Rockhold either. Same old shit.

Haha, for all of my argumentative nature I agree it is a pretty bad matchup for Bisping. But then again, many Bisping haters have been in the position of eating their words over the years.

The same was said before the Brian Stann fight (genuinely, I remember!), they said it about Belcher and Le. They said it about Silva and the 2nd Rockhold fight. And they said Hendo II was a terrible match up for him - even though most of those who said that at the time now claim Hendo was "overrage and half senile".

I agree it doesn't look good for him, but surely we understand that we are far more used to seeing Bisping defy the odds than succumb to them.
I don't really accept this line of argument. We have to evaluate each scenario on its individual merits, it's not enough to say he'll do it just because he's defied odds in the past. We need to establish how he'll do it this time.

The matchup is awful stylistically. Gastelum is a better wrestler and sharper in the standup. Kelvin's chin is too robust to get caught in a Rockhold-esque way. Bisping is coming off of getting stopped and will have to endure a weight cut on top of whatever injuries he still has from 217.

Not saying it's impossible for Bisping to win or anything, but the cards really are stacked against him, and I'd be shocked if he pulled it off.

The Silva fight was odd.

The Rockhold fight was the only time in his career he won a really big fight. Every time he had a contender match he lost (occasionally getting curb stomped).

People count him out because

a) he chokes in big fights and
b) his nickname is The Count.

Back