Gastelum didn't even make weight (unofficially). What shady business.

Were WE able to see his feet and his hands, if so, he must have been 186 otherwise it's shady UFC business, as usual

Dana actually has been pretty strict and critical of Kelvin for not making weight, i doubt they would lie for him. Not like Mike would decline the fight, he already has shown balls taking this in the first place.

To think Kelvin has wanted to go back down to WW is crazy, they shouldnt let him. He just like burritos more than fighting guys his size.

Legit AC`s dont let anything weird go by, since the DC towelgate, in this case i kind of fail to see where is the trick tho, might need to see it a few times, him pinching the towel and pulling would be too obvious, just like DC`s was, but NY let it go, even Rumble let it go....

oh ffs, these weigh-in whiners are the worst...

Chronically having trouble with weight ...he's a bit of home boy but c'mon man, be a pro.

he cant even make 185lbs? the guy is like 25% body fat.

He was 187 pulling on the towel,

186 not touching it.

How does this work...

That's what I saw, too. My guess is one of these two scenarios:

1. He thought he was close/over so he tried to pull the towel trick. The officials caught it, and punished him for it, by calling the weight fast, without waiting for it to settle, and then pulling the towel away and saying that was that; he missed weight. Then he took off the shorts, weighed in again, and actually did happen to be on weight.

2. He thought he was close/over so he tried to pull the towel trick, but he did it too late, and the scale had already settled and locked in, just over the tipping point for 187. Then when he took off the shorts it actually did bring it just under the tipping point for 186.

Either way, just because the officials didn't open a can of worms by calling shenanigans in front of the camera and the media doesn't mean they weren't on it. They clearly were.

no more towels, exposed cock is the future

Jeff Monson agrees.

OqOyL.gif

Watch this:

Guy pulled the towel trick, weighed 187lbs. Took off his underwear, they try to make us believe it's 1lbs when he weighs in at 186lbs. Guy throughout repeatedly is seen doing shady stuff to make weight (movement behind towel, etc).

I bet this guy weighs 190lbs. He probably didnt even try to cut too much weight. Whilst Bisping probably had a hard cut and made weight.

This is so unfair. But UFC & Chinese corrupt officials let the fight happen. Its a danger to Bisping's life but they dont care if the man gets TKOed. In truth Gastelum should lose his purse. And the man wants to fight at Welterweight? Lol.

They don't need to lie about him making weight for the fight to occur. If he were two pounds over, they'd simply have made it a 190 pound catchweight and deduct a portion of the check from Gastelum.

He went to the Hendricks School of Weight Cuts

For all those doubting, look at the reaction of the Chinese men flanking Gastelum at 0:53.
They are clearly laughing when the man says 186. Straight up lie lmao.

Watch this:

Guy pulled the towel trick, weighed 187lbs. Took off his underwear, they try to make us believe it's 1lbs when he weighs in at 186lbs. Guy throughout repeatedly is seen doing shady stuff to make weight (movement behind towel, etc).

I bet this guy weighs 190lbs. He probably didnt even try to cut too much weight. Whilst Bisping probably had a hard cut and made weight.

This is so unfair. But UFC & Chinese corrupt officials let the fight happen. Its a danger to Bisping's life but they dont care if the man gets TKOed. In truth Gastelum should lose his purse. And the man wants to fight at Welterweight? Lol.

DC would be proud....

gigRkm4.gif

I think you guys are looking for something that wasn't there. I watched it a couple of times and didn't see anything that looked amiss.
It's possible that the scale was just on the line between 186/187, so when he took off his underwear it dipped down.

Back