GASSIEV-TABITI IN THE WORKS FOR JULY 21

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
gassiev.jpg

Boxingtalk has been informed that undefeated WBA and IBF cruiserweight champion Murat Gassiev, 26-0 (19), will now likely face Andrew Tabiti, 16-0 (13) on July 21st in Russia. Gassiev was slated to face undefeated WBO and WBC champion Oleksandr Usyk in the Wolrd Boxing Super Series final to unify the division, but negotiations have hit a serious snag and as of now Gassiev-Tabiti is far more likely.

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=35132

Gassiev was slated to face undefeated WBO and WBC champion Oleksandr Usyk in the Wolrd Boxing Super Series final to unify the division, but negotiations have hit a serious snag and as of now Gassiev-Tabiti is far more likely.
@Seano do you blame his trainer Abel Sanchez for this

i will check with andrew on thursday. he didnt tell me anything specific last time i talked to him, but he said he was expecting to fight for a title next. it will be nice for him to have a quick turnaround after quite a long break

Very embarrassing for the WBSS. Who takes his place in the final?

i will check with andrew on thursday. he didnt tell me anything specific last time i talked to him, but he said he was expecting to fight for a title next. it will be nice for him to have a quick turnaround after quite a long break

Hopefully it’s true. We talked before about his inactivity, and his frustrations. He is a talented kid for sure.

Negotiations? wtf? What's to negotiate? I thought the tourney was already laid out with set paydays, win bonuses, venues, etc....

This is out of left field. Huge step up for Tabiti if it happens. Pretty embarassing for the WBSS if they can't make Usyk/Gassiev work.

This is out of left field. Huge step up for Tabiti if it happens. Pretty embarassing for the WBSS if they can't make Usyk/Gassiev work.
What's even the hold up, here? Did I miss some BS news about the tourney?

And what does it say about the future tournaments they are planning?

Usyk-Gassiev was my favourite fight of the year

This is a bummer

Same as that, gutted. What’s the point in having a tournament when the 2 finalists don’t fckin fight

I had worried that the WBSS was too good to be true. I like the freedom the boxing structure affords fighters, but it can also lead to cases such as this.

Tabiti gets ko’ed If this gets made.

Usyk kills him. That's why they don't make it.

Its not just a step up, Tabiti had a fight less than 2 months ago against kayote. Any frigmant of a chance he could have had for an upset is gone. Ballzy of him to step in and save tge day tho. #Hespect

Usyk is a disgrace and running scared of the wrecking machine that is Gassiev.

Another fucking WASTEMAN.

What ? I want my final ! There should be penalties for not completing the tournament. If they start the WBSS with a fuck up like this, it loses all the credibility

This news does suck donkey dick.

Let's face it : until now this CW thing was running way too smoothly for a boxing tournament.

Back