Gassed Conor

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Gassed Conor is so much more different than Conor when he is fresh. When fresh, Conor darts in and out of range, has superb accuracy and power and when he gasses, he becomes a plodding brawler almost and the change in his style is very evident.
I still see posts arguing that Conor was not the same. The Conor in Nate 1, second half of Nate 2 and the second half of the Floyd mirrors the one that Khabib fought, gassed due to the wrestling.
If you compare, it's very evident that Conor did not look the same because he was gassed. Hell, if Eddie took him down 15 seconds into the fight, forced him to carry his weight he would have looked exactly the same as he did as Khabib.

So he was gassed before the fight even started? It all makes sense now.

Yea. He was gassed before this fight started then?

Conor has the gas tank of a heavyweight.

So he was gassed before the fight even started? It all makes sense now.
He was gassed at the start of the second round, ya know, because Khabib took him down 10 seconds into the fight.

He's a professional fighter. If he can't fight past two rounds, that's his own fault.

Conor didn’t show up. Plain and simple. The gassed part didn’t even matter, from opening bell he was off. 2 years, kids and coke can ruin anyone. Conor is no different. Don’t want to see him back unless he’s recommitted...

OP let's be honest and say conor looked shit. He came out totally flat footed and caught shit.

Conor didn’t show up. Plain and simple. The gassed part didn’t even matter, from opening bell he was off. 2 years, kids and coke can ruin anyone. Conor is no different. Don’t want to see him back unless he’s recommitted...
He was pretty fast and accurate during the first 10 seconds, landed a left and threw a high kick. Khabib just didn't allow him anything after that.

Like Luke Thomas said, when Frankie Edgar for example is fresh he's amazing, when he's gassed, he's still good. When Conor's fresh, he's lethal, when he's gassed he's 0

He gets wobbly and sloppy

Connor's gas tank makes Burrito BJ Pen's tank look like an 18 wheeler.

giphy.gif

Like Luke Thomas said, when Frankie Edgar for example is fresh he's amazing, when he's gassed, he's still good. When Conor's fresh, he's lethal, when he's gassed he's 0

He gets wobbly and sloppy
Good point, also think he got rocked in the 2nd round because he was tired, just like the Nate fight. Mad props for him for recovering tho.

He was pretty fast and accurate during the first 10 seconds, landed a left and threw a high kick. Khabib just didn't allow him anything after that.
I disagree. He looked flat footed and fought close and pressured. That was never the Conor that would win the fight...ever. Predictions (I predicted Conor would win) would be Conor frustrating khabib from a distance and khabib having to force the takedown while Conor used footwork to out maneuver him and set up the big counters. Never ever ever was Conor going to win by playing stuck in the mud. Ever

I disagree. He looked flat footed and fought close and pressured. That was never the Conor that would win the fight...ever. Predictions (I predicted Conor would win) would be Conor frustrating khabib from a distance and khabib having to force the takedown while Conor used footwork to out maneuver him and set up the big counters. Never ever ever was Conor going to win by playing stuck in the mud. Ever
It has to be on the feet to set up counters, Khabib did not allow that. He immediately shot for a takedown and props to him, did not play Conor's game.

Not sure if you read.
Dude, Conor does not have that type of footwork, his footwork setups his left hand, not help with his TDD. If you want to see someone with anti wrestling footwork, look at Aldo.

He was gassed at the start of the second round, ya know, because Khabib took him down 10 seconds into the fight.

So you agree he has next to no chance against Khabib and a rematch doesn't make sense. Why waste Khabib's remaining fights on a guy with one round of cardio?

So you agree he has next to no chance against Khabib and a rematch doesn't make sense. Why waste Khabib's remaining fights on a guy with one round of cardio?
I'm a huge Conor fan and I do agree that Khabib is a horrible match up for him. Khabib wins 9/10.

He gassed before the fight began cause..... HE HAS NO HEART.

Jokes aside, he's a good fighter, but he only operates on two gears.

Back