Garry Tonon Returns to ONE on November 9th

GoldenAzazel

GM of PWD. 2020, 2022 PWD Poster of the Year
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Tonon faces Sung Jong Lee (4-2) who has 3 wins by heel hook and 1 win by first round knockout.

I personally wouldn't say this a step up in competition for Tonon seeing as this guy seems to be mainly a grappler and he definitely isn't out grappling Tonon. Still it should be fun to see Tonon back in action.

General observation, 2018 and MMA is back to wrestling vs BJJ and I think it's awesome.

Agreed.

But BJJ is putting up a fight with these DDS guys and a new generation of Gracies.

General observation, 2018 and MMA is back to wrestling vs BJJ and I think it's awesome.

Personal observation.... It's 2018 and I care about EBI and QUINTET way more then UFC.

I never would have guessed that 20 years ago. But I'm ok with that.... because EBI and Quintet are putting on amazing shows.

Personal observation.... It's 2018 and I care about EBI and QUINTET way more then UFC.

I never would have guessed that 20 years ago. But I'm ok with that.... because EBI and Quintet are putting on amazing shows.
Quintet 3 was SICK

20 years ago I'd never stepped onto a mat, and I used to think Royce Gracie was 'cheating' and 'dirty' for fighting on the ground. Now I'm a black belt in BJJ... times do change haha

Quintet 3 was SICK

20 years ago I'd never stepped onto a mat, and I used to think Royce Gracie was 'cheating' and 'dirty' for fighting on the ground. Now I'm a black belt in BJJ... times do change haha
Quintet 3 was absolutely stacked and action packed. If they can make 4 of equal quality and even branch out into different styles maybe then Quintet might be the most exciting grappling experience period.

Who from DDS is doing MMA aside from Tonnon? I heard Gordon Ryan wants to do MMA at some point.

I thought Ryan had already decided to pursue an MMA career but I consulted the internet and it appears he's still on the fence about it. I stand corrected. Would love to see it though and wonder if he would also join one or head elsewhere, Bellator perhaps?

Back