Garcia vs Easter July 28 on Showtime

i like the undercard. lipinets showed he's a lot better than people expected him to be, miguel roman brings it.

of course ortiz is going to fight some no-hope, he just got put down like a dog by wilder. if he looks good in this one, give him someone solid.

Sergey lipinets vs cesar barrionuevo also added

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=35432

FABIAN Maidana(15-0) will square off against Andrey Klimov (20-4) in a ten-round junior welterweight bout that highlights undercard action Saturday, July 28th from Staples Center in Los Angeles, a card presented by Premier Boxing Champions. The action continues with Terrel Williams (16-0) taking on Jamontay Clark (13-0) in a ten-round battle of unbeaten welterweights.

2016 U.S. Olympian prospect Karlos Balderas (5-0, 4 KOs) is scheduled to appear in a six-round super featherweight fight.

The event is headlined by a lightweight championship title unification bout between WBC champion Mikey Garcia and IBF champion Robert Easter Jr., live on Showtime. Tickets for the live event are on sale now. To purchase tickets, visit AXS.com.

Maidana (15-0, 11 KOs) is the younger brother of former title holder Marcos Maidana. The 26-year-old from Buenos Aires, Argentina is coming off a TKO victory over Justin Savi on April 21st after defeating Johan Perez by decision in his prior fight. Klimov will present an increase in competition for Maidana as he continues on the path from prospect to contender.

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=35432

FABIAN Maidana(15-0) will square off against Andrey Klimov (20-4) in a ten-round junior welterweight bout that highlights undercard action Saturday, July 28th from Staples Center in Los Angeles, a card presented by Premier Boxing Champions. The action continues with Terrel Williams (16-0) taking on Jamontay Clark (13-0) in a ten-round battle of unbeaten welterweights.

2016 U.S. Olympian prospect Karlos Balderas (5-0, 4 KOs) is scheduled to appear in a six-round super featherweight fight.

The event is headlined by a lightweight championship title unification bout between WBC champion Mikey Garcia and IBF champion Robert Easter Jr., live on Showtime. Tickets for the live event are on sale now. To purchase tickets, visit AXS.com.

Maidana (15-0, 11 KOs) is the younger brother of former title holder Marcos Maidana. The 26-year-old from Buenos Aires, Argentina is coming off a TKO victory over Justin Savi on April 21st after defeating Johan Perez by decision in his prior fight. Klimov will present an increase in competition for Maidana as he continues on the path from prospect to contender.
Another Maidana? Here's hoping he has some of his bro's stuff, because I was a big fan of Marcos.

Don't see Loma taking that fight coming off the shoulder surgery. Think he's looking to fight Davis in December
Pretty sure Ray Beltran is the name they've thrown around.

Pretty sure Ray Beltran is the name they've thrown around.

sigh

I mean it takes him one step closer to a possible unification. Somebody needs to tell Garcia to abandon that beating from Spence and just try to unify Lightweight

I would LOVE it if Easter somehow manages to crumple in Mikey's face. Not impossible.

luis-ortiz%20(5)_3.jpg

Really good fight. For some reason, I always expect Easter to do better than he does. Some fights he's had were tougher than they should have been. He's gonna have to jab with Mikey and feint him, make Mikey come to him.

Mikey will beat him. Probably UD but I'd like Mikey to make a statement and stop him.

Really good fight. For some reason, I always expect Easter to do better than he does. Some fights he's had were tougher than they should have been. He's gonna have to jab with Mikey and feint him, make Mikey come to him.

I don't think he's really capable of that. Garcia has one of the best jabs in the sport, and Easter was getting outboxed from the outside by Javier Fortuna. Easter is actually at his best when he's walking his man down and putting punches together (the same Stafford style that Broner actually has success with when he chooses to listen to Stafford). That works well against smaller LWs who aren't that good, but it will probably get him stopped by Garcia here. I think there is a big gap in class.

Back