Garbrandt; worst coach ever?

Shishio

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So It looks like we'll see the first clean sweep on tuf with Stevenson vs Edwards.....would this make Cody the worst TUF coach ever.....Other candidates include Rampages(sucking twice), Ken Shamwow(even though Ill always be a Shammy fan lol), Koscheck(nuff said), Carwin(seriously why was he even there, shoulda been Team Nelson vs Team Wittman) and Dan Lambert/Gelnn Robinson(Just a terrible TUF in general)......memo I havent watched any of the womens/Latin/Brazilian or Chinese Tufs

Cody is coming across like a total idiot. He's out if his element as a coach. Yes, I think he is the worst coach ever, even worse than Ken.

I'm suddenly reminded of TUF 3

One team, with good fighters, a smart coach, acting with class and cleaning out the house
The other team? An idiot coach who is more concerned with starting fights than training his fighters

If he wins the coaches challenge he'll be safe

At least all those other bad coaches looked like they actually gave some fucks.

Cody doesn't even look like he cares. He's barely putting any effort, only cares about himself and if his eyebrows are even.

Yes. He also picked all the bad fighters.

Cody doesn't even look like he cares. He's barely putting any effort, only cares about himself and if his eyebrows are even.
Yeah he totally seems like he could give half a fuck about this.....I dont even like TJ and he's coming off so much better just because of how meat head Cody is acting

Dunno but man he comes off as a total unproffessional asshole on that show. What pro fighter runs around like they're genuinely going to throw down all the time for free?

I haven't seen him hold a pad for the boys, roll with the boys, or try to impart his actually decent fight IQ on to his boys. But he'll bring a party to the house for the boys, and act like he's gonna fight the other boys every chance he gets. Best coach back off his boy nuts.

I'm suddenly reminded of TUF 3

One team, with good fighters, a smart coach, acting with class and cleaning out the house
The other team? An idiot coach who is more concerned with starting fights than training his fighters

I totally agree with this assessment, but it's just really weird for me to see Tito being referred to as 'smart'.

It's hard to coach seasoned vets. But strategic game plans and moral play a big role.
Cody is just very awkward in front of the camera

Before this season, I didn't really care who won, after watching it I hope TJ KOs his bitch ass. I don't see TJ winning but you never know.

But, but, but, its all the editors fault to make them look bad...
(Right Ronda?)

Cody is the type of guy I would want to have over at my BBQ.
Neck tats and all.

Not just the worst coach. The worst human being ever.

He's ready to throw down with anyone at anytime. Ok. We get that.

Being so tough might end up badly for him one of these days. I'm talking real life here. Not in a cage. Not for TV.

I haven't seen him hold a pad for the boys, roll with the boys, or try to impart his actually decent fight IQ on to his boys. But he'll bring a party to the house for the boys, and act like he's gonna fight the other boys every chance he gets. Best coach back off his boy nuts.

At least he gives back to his team by hanging with the boys.

He is a dickhead, but we already knew that before the show.

Im not a TJ fan, but he seems to know what he does as a coach, and he also seems to care about his fighters.

Cody doesn't really deliver anything to his fighters. Before the fights he just watches the workouts and tells his guy that his opponent "is afraid", "is nothing", etc.

During the fights he doesnt even corner his men; he just shouts like any dumbass fan: "get up! Get up!" To the fighter when he is dominated on the ground, etc.

After the fight he acts like the tough guy he pretends to be (oh, man, I cant stand losing, Im mad about losing to TJ), and blames his fighter.

No surprise he is 0-5, especially given that he also made terrible fighter picks.

Last edited:
Back