Gaming headsets

I dont know

Yep they do which is why the sound field can get fucked. If you got sound settings, you’ve got an amp which is why you can get issues.

Adttionaly Bluetooth phones will be worse than an equivalent cable option because the bit stream is subject to distortion, limitation and corruption. You’ve got two digital sound cards including a tiny one in your headphones affecting the signal.

Plugging headphones into your controller will also affect your audio because you’ve got another Bluetooth connection along the way.

I plug my phones into my controller because I don’t really care about sound fields in games when I want the house to be quiet (I’ve got my PS4 connected to a Frankensteined Sony amp 7.1 set up)

But if I cared I’d find a simple amp with a TOS to analog link, no settings into and headphones with a very long cable.

Maybe I’d connect headphones to my controller and use a tiny DAC along the way, they cost maybe $60.

Ok the Astro A50s are garbage. They have an issue where there is an echo in party chat that doesnt go away. Some people can fix it some cant. Firmware updates and setting changes can fix it for some people, but I havent been able to solve it

With this echo problem i have no idea how these can be rated good headphones. Id rather use my old $50 pair just for no echo. They are unusable trash I wasted $350 on

I wouldn’t say trash, but definitely not worth the money. Astros are way over priced. I was a fan for a while, but when you can pay $90 for a set up with Phillips SHP9500’s and a vmoda boom mic, it just seems insane to pay $300 for a-50s or $250 for a40s or turtle beach, or any gaming headsets.

I wouldn’t say trash, but definitely not worth the money. Astros are way over priced. I was a fan for a while, but when you can pay $90 for a set up with Phillips SHP9500’s and a vmoda boom mic, it just seems insane to pay $300 for a-50s or $250 for a40s or turtle beach, or any gaming headsets.
This is the direction I was pushing you in the beginning, but I didn't want to pressure you too hard as many can't tolerate any extra cord clutter, and are fine to feel so. Besides, the knowledge and personal inventory you've built is well worth all the trouble. Perhaps if you continue this as a hobbyist pursuit you might report back on the ultimate audio pinpointing headphones (ex. for detecting direction of footsteps) you find to pair with that V-Moda mic.

I believe Mad Lust's guide over at HeadFi currently ranks the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 as having the best directional audio for gaming-- the FPS genre, specifically (10/10 Competitive Rating):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mad...-11-10-2017-sennheiser-game-one-added.534479/
Of course you, @nhbbear, already own these, which have been updated with the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X. Madlust wrote of these, "The updated model is the AD700x, which I have heard from some trusted members to sound near identical to the original AD700, with worse build quality." The go for $106 on Amazon right now:
Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-image-1.jpg

The only other headphones to score a perfect 10 in the "Competitive" category are currently $218 on Amazon:
AKG K701
68f3e95eb5e73932d8dd41f84a0b1a83.jpg

Of course even his list of reviewed headphones is very limited. There are many headsets out there with similarly large sound stages (including the Sennheiser HD600, HD650, and especially the HD800: all in the $275+ range). I believe this is why the AKG headsets do so well in the Competitive category. Beyerdynamics and Philips are two other manufacturers with particular models that really shine here. One would need a million dollars and a lot of time to compare and contrast them all.

He doesn't score the Sennheiser PC G4ME ONE headset per the same parameters as the headphones, but says of it this:
Madlust said:
Gaming:

The GAME ONE would have to live up to its name for gaming, or Sennheiser would need to rethink its naming schemes here. Thankfully, the GAME ONE delivers.

The sub bass rumble is a boon for the immersive aspects of video games. Atmosphere, darkness, looming sense of dread. All are represented well with the GAME ONE. Explosive, dynamic, and immediately engaging.

Soundstage in virtual surround is among the best I've heard heard for gaming, which makes positional accuracy top notch, and that much of an edge over those with lesser headsets/headphones.

The details are represented well enough with the GAME ONE, all but the strictest of game analyzing can be done without major issue. It may not be as immediately analytical as its older sibling the PC360, but if you do more than just game competitively, I feel the GAME ONE is that much more fun, and versatile. It is a joy to use for all gaming purposes. I would pick the GAME ZERO over the PC360 every time, as a mostly casual gamer.
This YouTube channel "LevelCapGaming" investigates the issue with a focus on PC gaming. He cites Madlust's guide and also features the (updated) AD700X, and has the Sennheiser PC-360D-- bested above by the G4ME ONE in Madlust's guide overall, but not in terms of directional accuracy-- as his choice among headsets. I have a feeling the majority of viewers will find this video most valuable for the simple pointers on Asus Xonar settings:

His own setup:
  • Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
  • Asus Xonar Essence STX 7.1 124dB SNR Sound Card*
*The maximum output level from the line outputs was 2.16V; from the headphone jack, it depended on the setting chosen: 885mV (0dB, for headphones with impedances below 64 ohms), 3.52V (+12dB for headphones with impedances of 64–300 ohms), and 7.03V (+18dB for headphones with impedances of >300 ohms).
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content...x-soundcards-measurements#foUXGK2emwykkbV6.99

As you probably know, but my recommendation is that all one wants from his sound driver is a motherboard, DAC, Sound Card, or whatever else containing the amp powering the headphones to be rated for at least 250 ohms, unless you have truly high impedance headsets, in which case you'll probably want something rated for 600 ohms. Almost all Z series Asus motherboards and sound cards meet not only this prerequisite, but also come with the benefit of the Asus Xonar Audio Center and Sound Radar III software.

Last edited:
This is the direction I was pushing you in the beginning, but I didn't want to pressure you too hard as many can't tolerate any extra cord clutter, and are fine to feel so. Besides, the knowledge and personal inventory you've built is well worth all the trouble. Perhaps if you continue this as a hobbyist pursuit you might report back on the ultimate audio pinpointing headphones (ex. for detecting direction of footsteps) you find to pair with that V-Moda mic.

I believe Mad Lust's guide over at HeadFi currently ranks the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 as having the best directional audio for gaming-- the FPS genre, specifically (10/10 Competitive Rating):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mad...-11-10-2017-sennheiser-game-one-added.534479/
Of course you, @nhbbear, already own these, which have been updated with the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X. Madlust wrote of these, "The updated model is the AD700x, which I have heard from some trusted members to sound near identical to the original AD700, with worse build quality":
Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-image-1.jpg

The only other headphones to score a perfect 10 in the "Competitive" category are currently $218 on Amazon:
AKG K701
68f3e95eb5e73932d8dd41f84a0b1a83.jpg

Of course even his list of reviewed headphones is very limited. There are many headsets out there with similarly large sound stages (including the Sennheiser HD600, HD650, and especially the HD800). I believe this is why the AKG headsets do so well in the Competitive category. Beyerdynamics and Philips are two other manufacturers with particular models that really shine here. One would need a million dollars and a lot of time to compare and contrast them all.

He doesn't score the Sennheiser PC G4ME ONE headset per the same parameters as the headphones, but says of it this:

This YouTube channel "LevelCapGaming" investigates the issue with a focus on PC gaming. He cites Madlust's guide and also features the (updated) AD700X, and has the Sennheiser PC-360D-- bested above by the G4ME ONE in Madlust's guide overall, but not in terms of directional accuracy-- as his choice among headsets. I have a feeling the majority of viewers will find this video most valuable for the simple pointers on Asus Xonar settings:

His own setup:
  • Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
  • Asus Xonar Essence STX 7.1 124dB SNR Sound Card*
*The maximum output level from the line outputs was 2.16V; from the headphone jack, it depended on the setting chosen: 885mV (0dB, for headphones with impedances below 64 ohms), 3.52V (+12dB for headphones with impedances of 64–300 ohms), and 7.03V (+18dB for headphones with impedances of >300 ohms).
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content...x-soundcards-measurements#foUXGK2emwykkbV6.99

I already have the audio technica ad700x. I had to mod them with rubber bands to make them fit, as they are huge. The cord is not detachable, which is an issue. I have tried to compare those with the phillips shp9500s for soundstage comparison, and I can’t tell a huge difference initially. The sound of the 700s are very flat, so there is no flare or impressive explosions. Music wise, there is no comparison. The Phillips destroyed the 700. Another issue is the impedance at 38 ohms makes it difficult to type while using. I am guessing that is the issue.

Bottom line is the Phillips are way more fun in every way.

I am looking at the fidelios as a possible upgrade(mainly for music purposes), but if I buy any more headphones, my hot wife may kill me.

I am trying to sell my sennheiser gsp 300 because i ordered the 600s and I am waiting for those to restock.

I am not sure about the akg’s, as some reviews state they are uncomfortable, or at least very similar in sound to the audiotechnicas I already have. I also discovered that the sennheiser 598’s I have already have a mic that works for gaming. How the hell I did not know that for two months makes me feel like a dumbass.

I already have the audio technica ad700x. I had to mod them with rubber bands to make them fit, as they are huge. The cord is not detachable, which is an issue. I have tried to compare those with the phillips shp9500s for soundstage comparison, and I can’t tell a huge difference initially. The sound of the 700s are very flat, so there is no flare or impressive explosions. Music wise, there is no comparison. The Phillips destroyed the 700. Another issue is the impedance at 38 ohms makes it difficult to type while using. I am guessing that is the issue.

Bottom line is the Phillips are way more fun in every way.

I am looking at the fidelios as a possible upgrade(mainly for music purposes), but if I buy any more headphones, my hot wife may kill me.

I am trying to sell my sennheiser gsp 300 because i ordered the 600s and I am waiting for those to restock.

I am not sure about the akg’s, as some reviews state they are uncomfortable, or at least very similar in sound to the audiotechnicas I already have. I also discovered that the sennheiser 598’s I have already have a mic that works for gaming. How the hell I did not know that for two months makes me feel like a dumbass.
Yeah, I know you own the Audio-Technicas. You can see in your quote box I mentioned that. I wrote all of that in part because so many headphone threads have disappeared. What I wrote there used to exist. This happened hasn't just once. I'm a bit fatigued writing the same stuff over and over, but I've just assumed that Crave has some sponsorship deal with some company that didn't like content of those threads. Doesn't bother me; so far we're so good with this thread.

Mainly, I'm glad to see that your ears have guided you to the solution I favor as an ideal recommendation for those willing to tolerate the extra bit of elbow grease. It provides relief to see others reach the same conclusion and feelings separately.

I am incredibly interested to hear about the Sennheiser GSP 600.

Yeah, I know you own the Audio-Technicas. You can see in your quote box I mentioned that. I wrote all of that in part because so many headphone threads have disappeared. What I wrote there used to exist. This happened hasn't just once. I'm a bit fatigued writing the same stuff over and over, but I've just assumed that Crave has some sponsorship deal with some company that didn't like content of those threads. Doesn't bother me; so far we're so good with this thread.

Mainly, I'm glad to see that your ears have guided you to the solution I favor as an ideal recommendation for those willing to tolerate the extra bit of elbow grease. It provides relief to see others reach the same conclusion and feelings separately.

I am incredibly interested to hear about the Sennheiser GSP 600.

As soon as they ship. They are currently back ordered. I just sold the gsp300s.

Have you had any experience with grados? I am interested in trying that brand.

As soon as they ship. They are currently back ordered. I just sold the gsp300s.
Have you had any experience with grados? I am interested in trying that brand.
A bit. I remember them being laser clear and bright in the mids and highs.

I'd noticed your Fidelios have gotten more chatter on places like Reddit in the past few years after I'd read your post. That's why I'm so happy to see you catch the bug. It appears Creative's fall as a market force really seems to have done a number on native surround sound sound channel engineering in most PC games. Everything is just stereo sound virtualized using software routed through the motherboard chipset (ex. Realtek ALC886). So there's a real paucity of discussion and data on directional cues in gaming. Not much serious investigation into the matter I can find, either. There's opportunity here.

But I'm not sure where you go from here. Not sure anything beats the Sennheiser HD800S in theory, but sounds like your wife might Bobbit you, so Grado looks A-OK to me. Lets keep our dicks. Certainly this Rtings chart is the most comprehensive, frequently updated, objectively cited methodology ranking headphones and headsets I can find right now, and you might use it to consider some alternatives:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/critical-listening

Only the HiFiMan Edition X matches the Sennheiser HD800S on pure sound, and it just so happens they didn't seem to think much of the AD700X's (scoring 6.9 for the pure "Sound" statistic, not the "Critical Sound" meta-statistic which weights in a few added things like comfort):
-- Direct link to "Sound" Chart:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality
-- Direct link to Audio Technica ATH-AD700X review
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audio-technica/ath-ad700x-audiophile

But you can really dig into these charts. The "Sound" statistic itself has sub-statistics which can be studied in depth themselves, and those have sub-statistics, and all neatly ranked. It's quite impressive. It's the most methodical approach I've seen to building an objective scoring basis for these more subjective greater categories that tend to dominate how we gauge our experience of these as products. I like rummaging through these categories more than I cared for their Gaming Headset feature itself:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming

"Soundstage" sub-statistic is here. Of 168 total products reviewed in their latest roundup only these score above a 7.0:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage
  1. [8.6] Sennheiser HD 800 S (Open-Back) See Review
  2. [8.5] HiFiMan Edition X (Open-Back) See Review
  3. [8.2] Sennheiser HD 700 (Open-Back) See Review
  4. [7.9] HiFiMan HE-400i (Open-Back) See Review
  5. [7.4] AKG K702 (Open-Back) See Review
  6. [7.4] AKG K712 PRO (Open-Back) See Review
  7. [7.3] Cougar Immersa (Closed-Back) See Review
  8. [7.3] AKG K240 MKII (Semi-Open) See Review
  9. [7.3] Logitech G533 (Closed-Back) See Review
  10. [7.2] HyperX Cloud Revolver (Closed-Back) See Review
  11. [7.1] Superlux HD 681 (Semi-Open) See Review
  12. [7.0] Koss QZPro (Closed-Back) See Review
  13. [7.0] Superlux HD 668B (Semi-Open) See Review
Cougar makes headphones, too? Damn. Had no clue. Figured this isn't a bad place to start if not the Grados.

*Edit Note*
Of all of these, only the AKG 702 also approaches the Sennheiser HD800S in stereo stound "Imaging", and ranks in the top there as well. It and the AKG 701 are definitely the most hyped around the web's forums by gamers, besides the ATH-AD700X's you already own, and that also scored perfect in Madlust's "Competitive" category. I don't think that's a coincidence: Soundstage + Imaging.

($191) AKG 702
K702-large.jpg

These also score an 8.0 in Sound (Overall) which puts it in a 7-way tie for 13th place in their 168-deep field.

Last edited:
A bit. I remember them being laser clear and bright in the mids and highs.

I'd noticed your Fidelios have gotten more chatter on places like Reddit in the past few years after I'd read your post. That's why I'm so happy to see you catch the bug. It appears Creative's fall as a market force really seems to have done a number on native surround sound sound channel engineering in most PC games. Everything is just stereo sound virtualized using software routed through the motherboard chipset (ex. Realtek ALC886). So there's a real paucity of discussion and data on directional cues in gaming. Not much serious investigation into the matter I can find, either. There's opportunity here.

But I'm not sure where you go from here. Not sure anything beats the Sennheiser HD800S in theory, but sounds like your wife might Bobbit you, so Grado looks A-OK to me. Lets keep our dicks. Certainly this Rtings chart is the most comprehensive, frequently updated, objectively cited methodology ranking headphones and headsets I can find right now, and you might use it to consider some alternatives:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/critical-listening

Only the HiFiMan Edition X matches the Sennheiser HD800S on pure sound, and it just so happens they didn't seem to think much of the AD700X's (scoring 6.9 for the pure "Sound" statistic, not the "Critical Sound" meta-statistic which weights in a few added things like comfort):
-- Direct link to "Sound" Chart:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality
-- Direct link to Audio Technica ATH-AD700X review
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audio-technica/ath-ad700x-audiophile

But you can really dig into these charts. The "Sound" statistic itself has sub-statistics which can be studied in depth themselves, and those have sub-statistics, and all neatly ranked. It's quite impressive. It's the most methodical approach I've seen to building an objective scoring basis for these more subjective greater categories that tend to dominate how we gauge our experience of these as products. I like rummaging through these categories more than I cared for their Gaming Headset feature itself:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming

"Soundstage" sub-statistic is here. Of 168 total products reviewed in their latest roundup only these score above a 7.0:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage
  1. [8.6] Sennheiser HD 800 S (Open-Back) See Review
  2. [8.5] HiFiMan Edition X (Open-Back) See Review
  3. [8.2] Sennheiser HD 700 (Open-Back) See Review
  4. [7.9] HiFiMan HE-400i (Open-Back) See Review
  5. [7.4] AKG K702 (Open-Back) See Review
  6. [7.4] AKG K712 PRO (Open-Back) See Review
  7. [7.3] Cougar Immersa (Closed-Back) See Review
  8. [7.3] AKG K240 MKII (Semi-Open) See Review
  9. [7.3] Logitech G533 (Closed-Back) See Review
  10. [7.2] HyperX Cloud Revolver (Closed-Back) See Review
  11. [7.1] Superlux HD 681 (Semi-Open) See Review
  12. [7.0] Koss QZPro (Closed-Back) See Review
  13. [7.0] Superlux HD 668B (Semi-Open) See Review
Cougar makes headphones, too? Damn. Had no clue. Figured this isn't a bad place to start if not the Grados.

*Edit Note*
Of all of these, only the AKG 702 also approaches the Sennheiser HD800S in stereo stound "Imaging", and ranks in the top there as well. It and the AKG 701 are definitely the most hyped around the web's forums by gamers, and also happened to do so well in Madlust's "Competitive" category. I don't think that's a coincidence: Soundstage + Imaging.

($191) AKG 702
K702-large.jpg

These also score an 8.0 in Sound (Overall) which puts it in a 7-way tie for 13th place in their 168-deep field.

Holy shit, that is a lot to take in. I will study those links when I have some time. I have been scouring Reddit as of the last few weeks, and of course YouTube for reviews. But how many of those reviewers are sponsored or paid by the company to give a good review? How many “give us a good review and you can keep those.?”

So i stick to a few reviewers, but will watch almost any review of something i am interested in. And since I have a four month old, I spend a good bit of time watching headphone reviews and monster bug wars while feeding him and rocking him.

I took your suggestions, and I like tek syndicate, though I really only found his videos on how to build your own gaming headset to be of use, and it was educational as well. I like Damir Franc(who loves his sennheisers), hardware cannucks(also sennheiser fans), Linus tech tips is very likeable, but few videos that apply to what I want to watch, and lately, Z reviews, who is a gruff, foul mouthed fat guy, but I trust his integrity in terms of not being bought because he slams quite a few products. And hi-fi heaven and Jim’s reviews are very thorough and explain things very well.

As for hi-fi’s, they have been getting very bad reviews for build quality as of late. Complaints of cracking headbands and rattling noises as well as not being as comfortable as other headsets in the price range. Plus, they are more expensive than I can handle at this point. I am sub $200 budget.

The guy that runs the headphone sub-reddit forum is trying to steer me away from the fidelio l2, and towards the x2’s which are expensive.

I am still looking at vmoda m100’s just for something fun to listen to, and not necessarily for gaming. I have a guy at work that will buy headphones for me and I will pay him with bestbuy gift cards. Soon, I will be giving handjobs for headphones. If anyone is interested....

Holy shit, that is a lot to take in. I will study those links when I have some time. I have been scouring Reddit as of the last few weeks, and of course YouTube for reviews. But how many of those reviewers are sponsored or paid by the company to give a good review? How many “give us a good review and you can keep those.?”

So i stick to a few reviewers, but will watch almost any review of something i am interested in. And since I have a four month old, I spend a good bit of time watching headphone reviews and monster bug wars while feeding him and rocking him.

I took your suggestions, and I like tek syndicate, though I really only found his videos on how to build your own gaming headset to be of use, and it was educational as well. I like Damir Franc(who loves his sennheisers), hardware cannucks(also sennheiser fans), Linus tech tips is very likeable, but few videos that apply to what I want to watch, and lately, Z reviews, who is a gruff, foul mouthed fat guy, but I trust his integrity in terms of not being bought because he slams quite a few products. And hi-fi heaven and Jim’s reviews are very thorough and explain things very well.

As for hi-fi’s, they have been getting very bad reviews for build quality as of late. Complaints of cracking headbands and rattling noises as well as not being as comfortable as other headsets in the price range. Plus, they are more expensive than I can handle at this point. I am sub $200 budget.

The guy that runs the headphone sub-reddit forum is trying to steer me away from the fidelio l2, and towards the x2’s which are expensive.

I am still looking at vmoda m100’s just for something fun to listen to, and not necessarily for gaming. I have a guy at work that will buy headphones for me and I will pay him with bestbuy gift cards. Soon, I will be giving handjobs for headphones. If anyone is interested....

Go with v-moda. They have an upgrade path which makes them the best on the market.

Amen. So many of them are simply part of the industry's marketing arm without realizing it or belonging to the companies themselves. Find the curmudgeon. A curmudgeon reviewer is worth his weight in Mali salt.

I love Hardware Canucks, but I don't like the content they've put out for headphones. I remember a long time ago he tried comparing DAC performance, and ended up really stretching himself transparently, I thought, to praise the more expensive DAC although he had no objective offerings for why it is better. Meanwhile, you see that Tom's Hardware article from 2014 that involved blind testing showing none of the listeners being able to discern a $2 DAC from a $200 DAC. The key is to find a really nice pair of headphones and ensure that your sound processing unit can handle their impedance.

If you want truly concrete data look for those "Blind A/B" tests. Really, I feel like 98% of what I read out there on audio right now is just useless. Useless. If you're not charting graphs, and if you're not testing your hypotheses with blind field runs, then what the hell is the point? To listen to you talk about your feelings?

It's a market living in darkness.
Go with v-moda. They have an upgrade path which makes them the best on the market.
"Upgrade Path"?

From the pure gamer point of view I'm most interested to hear back on the AKG 702, and it's just inside his $200 budget.

Last edited:

Have you tried them for gaming? I have the m100s in my basket on amazon, but considering I bought about six headphones this year already, I have to hold off a bit on anything else.

Have you tried them for gaming? I have the m100s in my basket on amazon, but considering I bought about six headphones this year already, I have to hold off a bit on anything else.

Ive got the 80s and they’re fine for gaming.

Vmoda has this system where if you buy a pair and they come out with a newer better model, you send the old phones back for a 50% buyback towards the new phones cost.

http://v-moda.com/immortal-life-program/

Last edited:
Always struck me as a bit gimmicky. Why not just get a good pair of audiophile headphones?

Always struck me as a bit gimmicky. Why not just get a good pair of audiophile headphones?

As someone who owns LCD-3, ATH-M50, Sony MD7506, and wireless ATH-DSR7BT...

I use my Corsair Void RGB's more than all of them combined. Honestly? They sound fine, they sound really good. They don't require a special amp, I can plug in and play PS4 7.1 surround sound with ease, watch movies in 7.1 on the PC (holy fuck new Bladerunner).

Ive got the 80s and they’re fine for gaming.

Vmoda has this system where if you buy a pair and they come out with a newer better model, you send the old phones back for a 50% buyback towards the new phones cost.

http://v-moda.com/immortal-life-program/

I was informed by Reddit’s resident audiophile, that vmoda are not good for gaming, that they are overly bassy, and the attributes that I am seeking for gaming would not be met by vmoda’s. That does not mean that i am listening to him, as I want a pair of m100’s. But I am waiting a while until I get anything else.

I was informed by Reddit’s resident audiophile, that vmoda are not good for gaming, that they are overly bassy, and the attributes that I am seeking for gaming would not be met by vmoda’s. That does not mean that i am listening to him, as I want a pair of m100’s. But I am waiting a while until I get anything else.

Never trust an audiophile ;) I don’t count myself as one despite all the expensive and inexpensive audio shit I got ;)

As someone who owns LCD-3, ATH-M50, Sony MD7506, and wireless ATH-DSR7BT...

I use my Corsair Void RGB's more than all of them combined. Honestly? They sound fine, they sound really good. They don't require a special amp, I can plug in and play PS4 7.1 surround sound with ease, watch movies in 7.1 on the PC (holy fuck new Bladerunner).

7.1 is a room with 7 point speakers and a subwoofer. I got that in my living room via a funky Sony amp TOS link with golf ball speakers and a sub.

These phones have 7 speakers and a woofer? I’d like to know how the fuck 7 and a woofer divides into 2. And how they put 3.5 speakers and .5 a woofer into each cup.

You can do positional audio based on how sound bounces around your ears but it’s not fucking 7 med/treble sources and a woofer.

Back