Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

Save your argument for the war thread if you cant admit PC parts are overpriced, then its like me talking to a wall.
Overpriced is subjective. Nvidia has absolute no competition from AMD and it's 2080 series cards and aimed exclusively at enthusiast (people running $1K+ monitors/desktops).

Highend/enthusiast on ANYTHING electronic is never the best bang for your buck or value (welcome to the last 30 years of electronics).

It doesn't mean all hardware is bad. As i've started a lowend price video card in 2013 was offering twice the GPU power as the consoles (xx60 series and below are the best value for gamers).

Thanks for confirming, goodbye.
Save the BS kid. It was so freaking obvious what you where trying to do.

You took the prices of an enthusiast product (very small percentage of the market) and said "this is why consoles exist" which is bullshit and you know it (you basically exaggerated the cost to make it seem worst then it really is).

The 7870XT with aftermarket power-supply swapped into a mid level i5 office computer at the time would of been total like $600-650 and would offer way more power, $10-15 cheaper games, not having to pay $40-50 a year for internet gaming, and offer a better library of games.

Funny how reality doesn't fit your narrative....... ("buh bu buh its overpriced !")

New graphic cards at the cost of 3-5 consoles.

Its a shame that gaming GPUs are so bloody expensive. You can hardly do any graphics on it and its 99% of time used only for gaming and so consoles. So why the price tag?

Before people say if I cant afford PC components I should play on consoles let me tell you this:

I am not used playing on pad whatsoever, and my whole life I been playing strategies, diablo like games and consoles games are not appealing to me.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/20/1...-2080-ti-2070-specs-release-date-price-turing

Someone on another thread was trying to tell me how the 2080ti its not expensive its subjective... LOL Its exactly why we have a console market. Not to mention mining drives up GPU prices.
PC is best though there is no denying that(I own an X and 7th gen I7/ 1070rig) But the best is always expensive, but damn i didnt think 1200 lol

If you like strategy games like Age of empires, total war, etc you should be fine and not need any of the newer line GPUs

Anyway If anyone missed the event you can still catch it here(just rewind it) its still live as of now.

Last edited:
what a strange clickbaity title. It's not discussing anything about the product you mention, other than the cost relative to a console?

Don't fkn buy it then - problem solved. Ffs, I run a 750ti and still play games just fine; I'm just not maxing the specs of anything.

I can get a whole desktop with a 1080ti for $1400. No thanks. This pricing is absolutely ridiculous.

Preorders for the 2080 and TI versions here (Cnd) are $1025, and $1500 disrespectfully, what a fucking joke. They are founders editions, so expect a $100 drop or so and better cards, but still...I need a new GPU, but I think I'll wait for non founder 2070's, or see how 1080TI's drop in price.

If there was ever a time for AMD to strike hard at nvidia, it's now, but we know that's not going to happen.

And they were making them at super low resolutions of the time too.

I have no problem doing simple 1080p stuff on my laptop.

It’s the complex 4K stuff is high frame rate slow mos at 1080p that my laptop looks at me stupid and starts acting funny in lightworks and shit gets out of sync because it can’t keep up especially if I’m doing it on my 24” monitor. It just shakes it’s head.

It’s all relative , your simple stuff should be no issue.
i see what you did there.

Preorders for the 2080 and TI versions here (Cnd) are $1025, and $1500 disrespectfully, what a fucking joke. They are founders editions, so expect a $100 drop or so and better cards, but still...I need a new GPU, but I think I'll wait for non founder 2070's, or see how 1080TI's drop in price.

If there was ever a time for AMD to strike hard at nvidia, it's now, but we know that's not going to happen.

This pricing is a joke, and something tells me they needed to launch the ti alongside the vanilla 2080 because the latter won't see the performance leap over the 1080ti with present benchmarks to justify the hype. If the benchmarks don't show a considerable improvement across the board, and not only the promise for future implementation, this will be a tremendous flop until prices drop.

This pricing is a joke, and something tells me they needed to launch the ti alongside the vanilla 2080 because the latter won't see the performance leap over the 1080ti with present benchmarks to justify the hype. If the benchmarks don't show a considerable improvement across the board, and not only the promise for future implementation, this will be a tremendous flop until prices drop.
It's even worse than I was quoted on the phone, as I had called Canada Computers about preorders. Those were in-store "deals". The sales person laughed at the prices as much as I did. We're talking $1600/1700+ before tax, WTF??

https://www.canadacomputers.com/sea...4,VCMSI00114,VCMSI00115,VCZOT00027,VCZOT00028

It's even worse than I was quoted on the phone, as I had called Canada Computers about preorders. Those were in-store "deals". The sales person laughed at the prices as much as I did. We're talking $1600/1700+ before tax, WTF??

https://www.canadacomputers.com/sea...4,VCMSI00114,VCMSI00115,VCZOT00027,VCZOT00028

Unbelievably stupid. Nvidia has really gone too far.

I hope the press doesn't pull their guns in the likely scenario performance does not justify the exorbitant pricing.

I don't think I can justify buying another 8GB GPU, even if it does have cool new bells and whistles. I'll wait for the next generation, by which time my 1070 might be starting to struggle. At least, it will be time to move to 4k :D

I don't think I can justify buying another 8GB GPU, even if it does have cool new bells and whistles. I'll wait for the next generation, by which time my 1070 might be starting to struggle. At least, it will be time to move to 4k :D
im gonna start recording in 8k.