Games you recently beaten and give them a score/10

I loved MGS1 back in the day and MGS2 was ok, but then I went full PC Master Race and forgot about the series. I ordered the MGS Legacy Collection the other day, gotta get my hands on a PS3

I just looked it up, and in the Legacy Collection, MGS1 is included via a download code. If the PS3 isn't connected to the internet, or if you want to skip playing it because 1998 PS1 games look like complete ass on modern HDTVs (the bigger the screen, the worse it looks), then I highly recommend making some popcorn and watching this -

Just beat the Dying Light expansion, the Following, which finished the story. Overall, I would give Dying Light and it's expansion a 9.5.

I played this game more over the last 18 months than anything. GTAV, Witcher 3, XCOM 2, Dark Souls 3, and Fallout have not even come close.

It's the only big AAA game from the last couple years that has sucked me in, and kept me playing marathon style.

Fallout 4 - 9/10, extra points go to the building/mods, as it's a letdown compared to New Vegas. I've put about 2k hours iin, mainly building settlements. The Story/choices were meh, but I loved the gun play, finding all the juicy lore and fiddling with the amazing pc mods. I started on PS4, so going to pc with unlocked mod support recently was very liberating.

Soma - 10/10 - I can't tell you how much I loved that game, had some fun scare moments bookend by an incredibly rich and philosophical premise. I won't spoil anything, but do yourselves a service and play it!

Final Fantasy XV- 7.5/10 - 2/3 of the game is really really fun and intriguing, they really captured the brotherhood feel/bonding in a unique/immersive world. Near the end it departed into linear/solo shit. It's like it was made by two developers.

Witcher 3 - 10/10 (wish I could score higher). I broke my leg a few months ago, but just before that I built my new rig. It was the perfect time to sink hours into it. I still have the expansions to play, but what an incredible experience. It has sidequests more meaningful that most AAA RPGs.

Star Trek Online. 8/10 6/10 - I've sunk crazy hours into that while recovering. If you're a ST fan, def fire it up. It's the best Free to play MMO out there, awesome space combat. Ground combat is pretty weak and the stories aren't always that strong, if ever strong, but it's the best ST game in over a decade.

I plan on finishing Nier Automata, if only to enjoy 2B's glorious ass. It really is a great game though!

7c5ffI6.gif

I also just picked up Observer, same guys who made Layers of fear, mind fuck horror!

Freaking Rutger Hauer!

Last edited:
MGS5 - 10/10 - My first MGS game since MGS2 back in the day. Was kinda lost as far as plot went, but the gameplay was quality and 120 hours flew by. Gotta do a full series playthrough I think
Dude, You should play MGS3. I beat MGS1 and 2, they are Ok games for me, but MGS3 is epic.

-Wonderful 101 9/10
-The evil within 8.5/10
-Final Fantasy X HD (One boss left to beat it) 7.5/10
-Xenoblade Chronicles X (I've played 65 hours already, still haven't beat it) 10/10

Altered Beast for the Genesis. It's nothing more than a glorified tech-demo. 4/10

Just finished my first runthrough on Persona 4 Golden on the Vita, 9/10 loved it. Starting my NG+ run to complete it today at some point.

all on psn on a ps4

double dragon 4- 6/10
shovel knight- 7/10

working on sonic mania, right now i'd put that at 9/10

Persona 5 - Amazing game once it picks up. Only downside is there can be a ton of dialogue. Otherwise gameplay, and story is amazing and well done.

Persona 5--9.5/10 amazing game one of my favorite JRPG's ever
Soma--8/10 awesome story, but I don't get why people thought the ending was a big surprise. It's exactly how it worked all game...also the portions with the enemies were mostly just frustrating
Neir Automatica--7/10 I just couldn't get into the story. I played through A,B,C endings and just never cared about any of the characters like I was supposed to. Also the combat was pretty bad

Path of Exile - 9.8/10 Well, I haven't really beaten the game since I'm not anywhere close to taking on end game bosses like Shaper and Uber Atziri and there really is no beating a loot game. It's incredibly addicting, it's free, it's an absurdly deep game and for the most part, the community and streamers/youtubers involved with the game are fantastic, very welcoming and quite helpful. It's quickly becoming a top 5 all time favorite for me.

Minus .2 points because the xp death penalty is brutal at high levels and leveling your crafting masters to 8 is a stupidly long grind that doesn't really add much to the game. It'll probably take me a goddamn month of daily master missions just to go from 7 to 8. I'd rather be killing monsters than wasting time on the same missions I've already done a thousand times.

Altered Beast for the Genesis. It's nothing more than a glorified tech-demo. 4/10

That was supposed to be one of the "system sellers" when Genesis dropped. I wanted one just to play it so badly.

Then I tried it at a friend's house and didn't want it anymore.

Neir Automatica--7/10 I just couldn't get into the story. I played through A,B,C endings and just never cared about any of the characters like I was supposed to. Also the combat was pretty bad

I never finished it and wound up trading it in. It started off strong and had a good soundtrack, but I don't get the praise heaped on it.

That's what I liked most about PoE back when I was playing it. High level characters are actually GOOD.

Oh, indeed. It does feel great seeing how powerful your character can become but it gets pretty annoying doing maps over and over to go up one level only for a lagspike or environmental obstruction causing you to take a sudden crazy dps burst from a monster which then sets you back 3 or 4 maps worth of experience. I don't know how people get to 100. I think I'd either get bored with the game completely or just make a new character.

Back