Games that slip under the radar that people should know about.

It would be popular if people have heard of it, go ask someone if they know what it is, they don't

6 million sounds impressive, how about 6k players on steam charts, not as impressive.

its under the radar for games, it's popular among hardcore PC gamers

{<huh}

6k for a 10 year old game with insanely outdated graphics that isnt even supported by the developer anymore is fucking awesome. To put things in perspective its doing better than XCOM 2.

Cryptark.jpg

I loved this, great little roguelike, unique and hard as nails. Never heard anyone talk about it.

{<huh}

6k for a 10 year old game with insanely outdated graphics that isnt even supported by the developer anymore is fucking awesome. To put things in perspective its doing better than XCOM 2.

Sure, I ducking mentioned it in this thread for a reason don't you think?

I win.

Sure, I ducking mentioned it in this thread for a reason don't you think?

I win.

No you didn't. It's super popular for how old it is, sold 6 million copies and is outperforming many newer games on Steam to this day. Or are we going to call every old game that isn't doing Fortnite numbers "under the radar"?

No you didn't. It's super popular for how old it is, sold 6 million copies and is outperforming many newer games on Steam to this day. Or are we going to call every old game that isn't doing Fortnite numbers "under the radar"?

You're trying to act like an unpopular game is popular. It sold six million copies across all versions over 15 years. Look at steam
charts, it's not popular just because you googled a gross figure for sales that taleworlds bragged about themselves.

What's the threshold for "under the radar"? Because having 6k players qualifies imo.

Go ask someone if they know what it is? Then ask if they know what a AAA title is, big difference.

I won.

Subnautica.

The market is over-saturated with open world explorey survival type games, but this one deserves more recognition than it gets. It seems to be almost universally loved by the people that played it.

The thing that stands out are its amazing environments. Remember the first time you found blackreach underneath skyrim - basically a whole game of moments like that.

It has very little replay value once you've seen and done everything, but that first playthrough really is a wonderful experience.

Is there an hungry young champion amidst the developer studios that has water cooler chatter?

For example, CD Red Projekt is widely regarded as the finest SP developer in the world who enjoys the most love as the "gamers' developer".
Valve and Blizzard, however you feel about them, are easily the two finest AAA MP developers for PC.

I'm not talking about "Indie" gaming. I'm talking about a young, hungry upstart with ambition to be big.
I think Amplitude studios fits the bill.
The Endless games they put out have made a very interesting and unique universe to draw characters and storylines from, and all of their games so far are top notch.
I think Endless Legend is one of the all time underrated games.

Subnautica.

The market is over-saturated with open world explorey survival type games, but this one deserves more recognition than it gets. It seems to be almost universally loved by the people that played it.

The thing that stands out are its amazing environments. Remember the first time you found blackreach underneath skyrim - basically a whole game of moments like that.

It has very little replay value once you've seen and done everything, but that first playthrough really is a wonderful experience.

i like this pick

Last edited:
Front Office Football- best football sim. It needs to get ported to consoles for league play. Hands down epic.

Frontpage Football by Sierra - first good football sim. Game play was also as good as what was on the consoles. First sports game with really indepth career mode. Saved stats on everything. I had reems of dot matrix printouts.

Baseball Mogul

Crusader Kings 2 - especially with the Game of Thrones Mod
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
Railroad Tycoon 2 - still play this
Dune
Jagged Alliance 2
Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max - cd version with voice

Last edited:
It's a shame they never made a sequel or used the game play style for another game.

Mikami left to form his own studio, he worked with his Platinum buddies on Vanquish, but seems focused on Tango Gameworks only projects now.
I kind of wish Platinum, Tango, and Grasshopper would have a sort of joint studio relationship while still staying separate, kind of like how Nintendo has a bunch of studios (EPD, HAL, Gamefreak, Monolith Soft, etc.) under one roof. Those three developers work together sometimes and have similar preferences.

I just finished Battle Chasers Nightwar. It was a great throwback jrpg.

I liked it as well but it you really repetitive with he enemies. Still good though just got a little boring at points

Ugh. This looks cliche as fuck. Also, graphics are outdated.
- “I wanted to create a new Front Mission world with a new lineup.”
- “We didn’t do a sequel because we wanted Front Mission to be seen in a different perspective, rather than the so-called ‘robot thing.'”
- “It inherits the world and setup [of Front Mission“The genre is stylistcally a third-person shooter. There are shooting elements, but it’s difficult to clear if you’re only shooting. Wanzer-riding actions and stealth elements are also being put in.”
- “You won’t always be fighting in Wanzers.” - “The maps are built with limited space, but they’re laid out so that the route to your destination is wide.”
- “The setting is the year 2127. Chronologically, that is between Front Mission 5 and Front Mission Evolved."
- (Regarding character designs) “When we initially started the Left Alive project, we consulted with Hideo Kojima, Kenichiro Imaizumi, and Yoji Shinkawa, and got their consent.”
- “There are also replayability elements. There aren’t multiple endings, but depending on how you proceed, the outcome the characters meet will change. Depending on your choices, they may be happy or unhappy, may find a solution to a mystery or may not…”
- “There are changes depending on choices that appear in conversation, or whether you abandon or rescue an NPC in need of help.”
- “The game uses a stage-based structure.”
- “We’re not saying there aren’t any online elements, but they’ll be a bonus if we have them.”
- (Regarding Nabeshima joining Square Enix) “I heard when he left From Software three years ago, so I used that opportunity to invite him to make something together.”

- Development on Left Alive is currently 50 percent complete.

- The three protagonists are the people featured in the key visual. All three are isolated in the city where the game is set, and each act independently in order to survive.
- Keyword: “The One Day Incident” – The setting is a city in Russia. The game depicts a one day incident that occurs there. A war is happening in the city, and the protagonist will inevitably get caught up in the conflict.
- Wanzer – Since Left Alive is set in the same world as the Front Mission series, the walking-type mobile weapons known as “Wanzers” will appear. Although you will mainly confront Wanzers as enemies, you can also steal a Wanzer away from the enemy.
- Survival Action – The primary objective is survival. The game will have a varied setup, including traps laid out to stir up the battlefield. There is also a crafting element, which allows you to use the materials you obtain to craft items.
- The Route You Take is Up to You – For example, if you head straight to your destination, you may be in danger of having to fight enemies, but you can also take hidden paths and stay out of the enemy’s line of sight, or take a big detour far away from that area. How you progress is up to you.

its this info that has my attention

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back