Game suggestion threads? (for Casual)

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
One upon a time, I used to be a huge PC gamer - I still actively upgrade my setup just in case there is a game I want to play, but that hasn't happened in years (spending $1K on a 3080ti probably wasn't the best idea in retrospect).

While we appear to be in golden period of gaming (across platforms, genres etc.), I find myself struggling to find something really compelling. Everything seems super complicated with a steep learning curve - I played Starfield for about an hour and completely lost all interest once I was figuring out how to pilot the ship. Games I used to enjoy CS:GO, Team Fortress 2, I absolutely suck at, and trying to break into other online games like Valorant or COD seem almost impossible for a casual like me.

Ideally, I would want something with a good story, simple gameplay, and something that I could potentially play portably. Vampire Survivors was the only game I recently discovered that fit this bill.

Any suggests are welcome and appreciated (unless it's slay the spire - I played that for about an hour and felt like I lost a chunk of my life).

Now is a good time to get into Cyberpunk. I kinda wish I hadn't played through it at launch.

If that is too much for you maybe check out some of the newer beat em ups they have come out with recently. Streets of Rage 4, Battlettoads or Ninja Turtles. All are really well done and a fun nostalgia trip if you were a 90s kid.

Last edited:
Depends what you mean by "casual". There some AAA games that fit the bill, but it seems like the scope of the games might be more your issue, and you just wanna have fun for 45 minutes on an arcade shooter, or something. If not, you can't go wrong with the "Uncharted" franchise.

Maybe try out some rogue likes, like "Hades". Dungeon crawlers are a good fit, but they can get complex. "Diablo 3" is pretty user friendly, though. "Golf With Your Friends" is great to mess around with, and the mechanics are surprisingly good for a cheap ass mini-golf game. "Power Wash Simulator" is stupid, but oddly hypnotic.

Flying around in your hometown, or favorite cities, in MSFS 2020 is always a good way to kill some hours.

Resident Evil 4 remake. It's not terribly long, but tons of replayability. New DLC adds another substantial chunk of playtime over multiple runs. Probably have over 100 hours trying to unlock various accessories and trying out different weapons builds.

Bladepoint sounds a good fit:

Get yourself an Epic account and collect the weekly free game(s). You can score some solid good games every once in a while.

I recommend Remnant I and II. Start with the first one. If you are casual play it on easy mode. Look up some guides. Can be played with buddies online.
Other classics you might wanna try are the Borderlands games. Simply FPS collecting tons of different weapons. Can also be played with buddies online.
Definitely recommend the Tomb Raider series (first one was back in 2013) also.

Back