Game Services thread, v2: Ubisoft headline portends a darker gaming future

So I just noticed a glitch-- at least on the PC side.

I wasn't paying attention, and for the first time in a long time I allowed my Game Pass to lapse before renewing-- ended yesterday. When I saw that upon launching the Xbox app for PC, I decided I would try to launch a single player game that I had installed, anyway. To be clear, this wasn't an EA Play game. It launched, and it allowed me to play. I tried it with two other games. Also worked. It still blocks you from online MP, but if a game has both SP and MP, you can play the SP.

So it would appear that any games you download you effectively "own" for single player campaigns. They gotta patch this. All you have to do is subscribe one month, many using the $1 trick, and then download the game. Voila. You've got it for as long as you want. Don't have to renew the next month if you haven't finished it.

That’s odd, because I know when I’ve allowed my Gamepass to expire on my Series X I’ve been locked out of single player games like Hades and Mechwarrior 5.

That’s odd, because I know when I’ve allowed my Gamepass to expire on my Series X I’ve been locked out of single player games like Hades and Mechwarrior 5.
iAVE8mvnpBOoV6neC_FfKw78rDnAqKW6USyk0lKvKXg.jpg

Testing Nvidia’s GeForce Now RTX 4080, the most advanced cloud gaming platform yet
For $20 a month, Nvidia will rent you an RTX 4080 gaming PC in the cloud. It feels phenomenal in some games, but there’s still work to be done.
The Verge said:
Nvidia’s GeForce Now streaming service already leapfrogged Stadia and many other rivals with its RTX 3080 tier, and now, it’s delivering an upgrade to RTX 4080 graphics alongside HDR and ultrawide resolution support.

That means all the usual performance upgrades you’d expect to find with a modern GPU you’d purchase for a PC and an important advancement for latency: 240fps. While the old RTX 3080 tier could output at 120fps, doubling the frame rate is noticeable both in terms of performance and latency. It makes GeForce Now the most advanced cloud gaming platform yet and even close to feeling like you’re running games on your own PC.

New 240Hz competitive mode
I’ve been a critic of Stadia’s lagginess for mouse and keyboard, but GeForce Now Ultimate delivers the kind of latency improvements that almost trick my mind into thinking I’m playing the game on my own gaming PC.

I mostly play shooters like Destiny 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Apex Legends, and I’ve found they’re the biggest test point for cloud gaming latency. I’ve been playing Apex Legends, CS:GO, and Fortnite on Nvidia’s RTX 4080 servers over the past week. The 240Hz mode only works at 1080p right now, and it only delivers up to 240fps in supported games. The list of games that support the 240Hz mode isn’t very long:
  • Apex Legends
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Fortnite
  • Rocket League
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
  • Warframe

Nvidia says it’s planning to add more games over time and that it can even add Reflex and the ability to support its 240Hz mode in games that developers haven’t implemented it in.

That said, Fortnite was the most impressive of the bunch of 240Hz games I tested, particularly because it supports all of Nvidia’s ray-tracing options, DLSS, and the Reflex latency improvements. The game also lends itself well to streaming thanks to its cartoon-like art style. The latency improvements are huge for keyboard and mouse players, and I found it difficult to notice any lag most of the time.

It didn’t run at 240fps reliably, though. In the creative mode, it was buttery smooth, but it was easy to notice the frame rate drops when you jump out of the battle bus and glide into the battle royale mode. Once I was on the ground, I rarely saw frame rate drops, and the input latency felt super impressive most of the time.

In Apex Legends, the latency can be more noticeable during a lot of action where you have to make quick decisions, but it still feels more impressive than when I tested the RTX 3080 tier servers more than a year ago. And in CS:GO, it was a lock at 240fps most of the time and felt super smooth.

Nvidia’s RTX 4080 servers include 64 teraflops of performance (around five times an Xbox Series X), full ray tracing, and DLSS 3. The competitive 240Hz mode can deliver end-to-end latency of less than 40ms in some games, which beats playing an Xbox Series X at 60Hz.

Visual quality
Hey, I’m Sean. You may remember me from such previous cloud gaming stories as why GeForce Now just kicked Google Stadia’s butt. I totally agree with Tom that the latency is superb; I’m genuinely not sure I can tell the difference in responsiveness between GeForce Now and a desktop gaming PC anymore. I definitely appreciate nearly 30 percent performance gains in my Cyberpunk 2077, too.

I just wish Nvidia had made as large a leap in image quality — because there’s one dead giveaway that lets me spot a cloud game every time. Tom and I are calling it “the haze” because that’s how it manifests in GeForce Now. It feels like there’s a haze between you and what you’re looking at, almost every time you move.

Let’s illustrate: here are two cropped screenshots of CS:GO at 1080p and 240fps. In the first, I’m standing still. In the second, I’ve begun moving, like I will be doing constantly in most games. Blow up these images, zoom in, and peep the wall textures: very different, no?
Madmick's Note: I suggest you follow the link because they have a special interactive image with a slider that you can drag from left to right as an overlay to compare the two different images occupying the same rectangular space

If you want to get more technical, this is image compression artifacting, and it’s not unique to GeForce Now — every cloud gaming service suffers from it because all of them need to shrink their images small enough so that they can send 60, 120, or even 240 of them per second across your internet connection, all while nigh-instantly reacting to your movements.

In some games, like Fortnite, the haze is simply not as noticeable. I suspect it’s because Fortnite’s a very colorful game; grays and blacks are often where you see compression artifacting at its worst. But it’s also particularly bad at 1080p resolution, the only resolution you can use for GeForce Now’s new 240fps mode. Thankfully, there are ways to reduce the haze.

Playing at 4K resolution reduces it dramatically — even if you don’t have a 4K screen. Here are two more full-size images of CS:GO streaming at 4K to a 1080p monitor. Cropped, you can see it’s not perfect, but it’s quite a bit better, and I think it’s wonderful that GeForce Now lets you choose.

Unfortunately, 4K isn’t available on all GeForce Now clients yet. You can’t get it on the web, which means you can’t get it on Chromebooks or the Steam Deck. You’ll need a Mac, Windows PC, Nvidia Shield TV, or certain recent smart TV sets. But I’m happy it’s an option on PC at all — Nvidia didn’t add that until last May, and it’s my favorite way to stream games now. It’s definitely a jump from the old 1440p streaming, as you can see in my Control comparison images below, now on a 1440p monitor:
gfn_4080_3080_comparison.jpg

At 4K 120, even the darkest jungle regions in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which looked almost unintelligible the last time I wrote about GeForce Now, are reasonably clear now on my 1440p screen. I could see myself playing the whole game that way....

I suspect a lot of people will balk at $19.99 per month for game streaming, but I think there’s a lot of value here. If you built an equivalent PC, then you’re looking at $2,000 or more and then the energy costs for playing. A $2,000 PC over five years works out to around $33 a month, with electricity charges on top. It’s certainly an enticing prospect if you’re thinking about upgrading your PC, especially when any games you purchase through Steam or the Epic Games Store on GeForce Now will always be yours regardless of whether you subscribe.
Updated the OP with the new pricing tier.

-- "GeForce Now Ultimate delivers the kind of latency improvements that almost trick my mind into thinking I’m playing the game on my own gaming PC.

-- "I totally agree with Tom that the latency is superb; I’m genuinely not sure I can tell the difference in responsiveness between GeForce Now and a desktop gaming PC anymore."

40ms latency in some games, folks. That's better than the latency I get (regardless of framerate) on any region but the west coast in competitive games I play.

Last edited:
So I just noticed a glitch-- at least on the PC side.

I wasn't paying attention, and for the first time in a long time I allowed my Game Pass to lapse before renewing-- ended yesterday. When I saw that upon launching the Xbox app for PC, I decided I would try to launch a single player game that I had installed, anyway. To be clear, this wasn't an EA Play game. It launched, and it allowed me to play. I tried it with two other games. Also worked. It still blocks you from online MP, but if a game has both SP and MP, you can play the SP.

So it would appear that any games you download you effectively "own" for single player campaigns. They gotta patch this. All you have to do is subscribe one month, many using the $1 trick, and then download the game. Voila. You've got it for as long as you want. Don't have to renew the next month if you haven't finished it.

Nice I need to give this a try. I'm constantly using the $1 trick right now since I have no need to constantly have a GP sub. My son loves those paw patrol games though so it would be nice if he could keep playing them and me not pay. Although I think I tried this once and it didn't work but we will see my current $1 sub is about to run out.

Nice I need to give this a try. I'm constantly using the $1 trick right now since I have no need to constantly have a GP sub. My son loves those paw patrol games though so it would be nice if he could keep playing them and me not pay. Although I think I tried this once and it didn't work but we will see my current $1 sub is about to run out.
Yeah, the $1 trick is nice if you don't care about having an actual account. Just start a new smurf throwaway account every month.

Yeah, the $1 trick is nice if you don't care about having an actual account. Just start a new smurf throwaway account every month.

That's a different trick. I get to keep using my same account. I want my achievements. Otherwise I wouldn't do it and I'd just pay the $10. I periodically get the $1 on my account every so often. Not sure how often though. The great thing is whenever I get the $1 deal to come back to my account I can use it twice. Once with the regular gamepass account and then again with the ultimate game pass account.

Looking at my payments to MS looks like I used it once in June and then again in November. So at the very least every 5 months it comes back but I don't always use it right away. Sometimes I wait for a few games to build up so it might be shorter than 5 months. The crazy thing is if I cancel just one day before they'll refund me my $1. I don't know how MS is letting this go on but I'll keep doing it for as long as I can. I really need to just do the gamepass\xbox live trick but this $1 trick has been working for me so once that stops I'll switch to the Xbox live trick.

That's a different trick. I get to keep using my same account. I want my achievements. Otherwise I wouldn't do it and I'd just pay the $10. I periodically get the $1 on my account every so often. Not sure how often though. The great thing is whenever I get the $1 deal to come back to my account I can use it twice. Once with the regular gamepass account and then again with the ultimate game pass account.

Looking at my payments to MS looks like I used it once in June and then again in November. So at the very least every 5 months it comes back but I don't always use it right away. Sometimes I wait for a few games to build up so it might be shorter than 5 months. The crazy thing is if I cancel just one day before they'll refund me my $1. I don't know how MS is letting this go on but I'll keep doing it for as long as I can. I really need to just do the gamepass\xbox live trick but this $1 trick has been working for me so once that stops I'll switch to the Xbox live trick.
Oh, that's weird, I thought they prohibited the $1 deal for accounts that had already subscribed at any point in the past, but maybe that's only accounts that have subscribed for 1+ months at full price. I saw you or someone else on here mention the trick of canceling/refunding the month just before it automatically renewed. Then you could re-subscribe for $1. That seemed cunning, and it doesn't surprise me Microsoft hasn't patched that up. I figure the hammer is gonna fall at some point, here. Nothing is cheaper than free, though, so it's bot-farmed MS Rewards points for me.

The PlayStation Plus Collection Disappears In May
PlayStation-Plus-Collection.jpg

Sony is closing the PlayStation Plus Collection, the batch of PS4 essentials that PS Plus subscribers on PS5 could download and play for no extra charge.

In an email sent to subscribers, the message states that on May 9, the 19-game collection will disappear, and subscribers have until that date to add its games to their game library.
All PS Plus Collection Games List

I suppose I should add anything I haven't yet but think I have em all claimed.

Next selection of games head to Game Pass

TW_ComingSoon_2.8.2023-9b1d0acc4fe5726aa39d.jpg

Coming Soon
Madden NFL 23 (Console and PC) EA Play – February 9
Madden NFL 23 is coming soon to PC Game Pass & Ultimate via EA Play! Give your Ultimate Team a boost and show you're here to win. EA Play and Ultimate members can score a Supercharge Pack by logging into Madden Ultimate Team between February 9 and March 9, 2023.

SD Gundam Battle Alliance (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 9
Strange phenomena are twisting legendary moments from Gundam history, and you're in charge of fixing them. SD Gundam Battle Alliance is a multiplayer Gundam action RPG where you can smash foes solo or with friends in thrilling mechanized combat. Acquire new mobile suits, power them up, and take them into battle in various missions!

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 14
Set forth on an epic adventure in a fictional Dark Ages sandbox that combines strategy and action-RPG gameplay. Carve out your own kingdom or champion another's cause as you explore the vast, reimagined continent of Calradia in this prequel to the critically acclaimed, Mount & Blade: Warband.

Cities: Skylines – Remastered (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S) – February 15
Cities: Skylines is an award-winning, best-selling management game, now remastered for Xbox Series X|S with all of its robust city-simulation gameplay and unique charm along for the ride. Design, build, and manage the city of your dreams, from public services to civic policies, and challenge yourself to grow from a simple town to a bustling metropolitan hub.

Shadow Warrior 3: Definitive Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 16
Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore. Experience the Definitive Edition of Shadow Warrior 3 with tons of new features and modes with fast-paced gunplay, razor-sharp melee combat, and a spectacular free-running movement system.

Atomic Heart (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 21
Available on day one with Game Pass:
In a mad and sublime utopian world, take part in explosive encounters. Adapt your fighting style to each opponent, use your environment and upgrade your equipment to fulfill your mission. If you want to reach the truth, you'll have to pay in blood.

Leaving the service on Feb 15th

Leaving February 15
The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, but you still have time to jump back in before they go. Don't forget to use your membership discount to save up to 20% on your purchase to keep them in your library!

• Besiege (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • CrossfireX (Cloud and Console)
  • Infernax (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Recompile (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Skul: The Hero Slayer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Last Kids on Earth (Cloud, Console, and PC)

This article kicks the Stadia dead horse, but that isn't the interesting info. The interesting info is that the anti-trust lawsuit in Europe has opened the curtains, and allowed gamers to see exactly what the market shares have been for the different Cloud gaming services in the past two years:
https://www.pcgamer.com/well-now-we-know-why-google-closed-stadia/
PC Gamer said:
Cloud gaming market share in 2021
  • xCloud: 20-30%
  • PlayStation Cloud Gaming: 30-40%
  • Nvidia GFN: 20-30%
  • Google Stadia 5-10%
Cloud gaming market share in 2022
  • xCloud: 60-70%
  • PlayStation Cloud Gaming: 10-20%
  • NVIDIA GFN: 10-20%
  • Google Stadia: 0-5%
  • Amazon Luna: 0-5%
Frankly, I'm astonished the Playstation Cloud has maintained equality with NVIDIA's GeForce Now, given that the GFN is, technically speaking, the best cloud service in existence, but I suppose that makes sense given that PS Now was merged into the already huge subscription base of PS Plus, and despite that GFN has a free tier, that tier has grown incredibly long wait times as it has surged in popularity, and the paid tiers are quite costly in comparison.

I suspect Microsoft's cloud dominance grows aggressively again this year.

People still don't seem to realize how good cloud gaming has become. The investigative article I shared above showing that latency has been reduced to what is typically experienced only in their home server region when playing multiplayer games demonstrates that it's irrefutably viable regarding gameplay responsiveness. Meanwhile, as DLSS/FSR have already become the new vanguard of the GPU wars, and embraced by the mainstream, the improvement of image quality despite compression will continue to improve. Currently most American gamers enjoy the full 50 Mbps ceiling that xCloud or GFN deploy, for example. Nevertheless, this is still a severe compression. A full 1920x1080p @60fps 8-bit color output requires 3,730 Mbps. I believe Microsoft is waiting on 1 Gigabit ethernet to become the internet norm in American households before shifting the gaming model to the Cloud. At that point, I suspect consoles will struggle to remain relevant.

@HereticBD
@method115
Since I saw you talking about this in the other thread.

This article kicks the Stadia dead horse, but that isn't the interesting info. The interesting info is that the anti-trust lawsuit in Europe has opened the curtains, and allowed gamers to see exactly what the market shares have been for the different Cloud gaming services in the past two years:
https://www.pcgamer.com/well-now-we-know-why-google-closed-stadia/

Frankly, I'm astonished the Playstation Cloud has maintained equality with NVIDIA's GeForce Now, given that the GFN is, technically speaking, the best cloud service in existence, but I suppose that makes sense given that PS Now was merged into the already huge subscription base of PS Plus, and despite that GFN has a free tier, that tier has grown incredibly long wait times as it has surged in popularity, and the paid tiers are quite costly in comparison.

I suspect Microsoft's cloud dominance grows aggressively again this year.

People still don't seem to realize how good cloud gaming has become. The investigative article I shared above showing that latency has been reduced to what is typically experienced only in their home server region when playing multiplayer games demonstrates that it's irrefutably viable regarding gameplay responsiveness. Meanwhile, as DLSS/FSR have already become the new vanguard of the GPU wars, and embraced by the mainstream, the improvement of image quality despite compression will continue to improve. Currently most American gamers enjoy the full 50 Mbps ceiling that xCloud or GFN deploy, for example. Nevertheless, this is still a severe compression. A full 1920x1080p @60fps 8-bit color output requires 3,730 Mbps. I believe Microsoft is waiting on 1 Gigabit ethernet to become the internet norm in American households before shifting the gaming model to the Cloud. At that point, I suspect consoles will struggle to remain relevant.

@HereticBD
@method115
Since I saw you talking about this in the other thread.

All I can say is that I've lived through some "stream gaming" experiments that had obvious flaws. "Playstation Now" on the PS3 in particular(and it was still half decent). I had little faith in cloud gaming, until I actually tried it. I don't know all the technical breakdowns, but from what I see right now, the only people who could tell the difference between a cloud experience and an...err...hard wired experience, are pro gamers, who may recognize millisecond type input delay. And that's right now. Give it a few years, and it will be one to one. The only people who will actually care about that kind of difference, though, are pro gamers. The majority of people aren't gonna notice or care, and it's at that level right now. Along with connectivity issues, it's only gonna get better.

Cloud gaming is the very near future. The hardware boxes are going away. There isn't going to be a purpose for them. It will all be handled by super computers in house. People will just be clicking on games and playing instantly, like they do with video streaming services.

Last edited:
Next lot of additions to Game Pass for the rest of Feb

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/02/21/game-pass-february-2023-wave-2-announce/

TW_Coming-Soon_2.21.2023-84d9036ebd0d96acc6fb.jpg

Available Today
Atomic Heart (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 21
Available on day one with Game Pass: In a mad and sublime utopian world, take part in explosive encounters. Adapt your fighting style to each opponent, use your environment, and upgrade your equipment to fulfill your mission.

Coming Soon
Merge & Blade (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 28
Experience an addictive fantasy puzzler and a massive auto-battler in the world’s first puzzle auto-battler game! Engage in large-scale battles with monsters with your own squad using merge mechanics. Only your brain can save the world!

Soul Hackers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 28
Explore a supernatural RPG with stylish summoners and dark dangers lurking under cyberpunk Japan. Join Ringo and her companions to solve the mystery behind an imminent apocalypse in Soul Hackers 2. Strengthen the bonds with your teammates and dive deeper into their soul, reliving their last adventures and discovering the truth of their stories and yours.

F1 22 (Console and PC) EA Play – March 2
PC Game Pass & Ultimate members can get behind the wheel on March 2 as F1 22 joins The Play List with EA Play. Get to grips with the fastest motorsport around. Take your seat in the 2022 season cars, test your skills around Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamor in F1 Life.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 3
Available on day one with Game Pass: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is a dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later Han Dynasty where demons plague the Three Kingdoms. Players fight off deadly creatures and enemy soldiers using swordplay based on the Chinese martial arts, attempting to overcome the odds by awakening the true power from within.

Leaving the service at the end of the month

Leaving February 28
There’s still time to pick up where you left off or earn some extra Achievements in the following games leaving soon. Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% on games available in the Game Pass library before they go!

• Alien: Isolation (Console and PC)
  • Crown Trick (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
  • Madden NFL 21 (Console and PC) EA Play
  • Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Microsoft is committing to the open-source philosophy & software side halves of their business roots:
Xbox's Phil Spencer 'Excited' To Bring First Party Game To PlayStation Plus
minecraft-dungeons-phil-spencer.900x.jpg

*Edit* I noticed it says the game is expected to reach PS Plus in March. That raised my eyebrow because the game's official release date is listed as April 18. It tells you this on Wikipedia, and currently in the Xbox app. PS Plus specified in their State of Play that it is slated for a March 7 release on PS Plus Extra. So it may arrived a full five weeks earlier on Sony, somehow. I'm guessing this is a mistake, and they only meant March 7 for the other games, but it's something to watch.

Last edited:
March's first lot of additions for Game Pass

TW_ComingSoon_3.7.2023-53e74d21add6a3085c72.jpg

Available Today
Guilty Gear -Strive- (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The cutting-edge 2D/3D hybrid graphics pioneered in the Guilty Gear series have been raised to the next level in Guilty Gear -Strive-. The new artistic direction and improved character animations will go beyond anything you have seen before in a fighting game. Let's rock!

Coming Soon
Dead Space 2 (Cloud) EA Play – March 9
Three years after the Necromorph infestation aboard the USG Ishimura, Isaac Clarke awakens from a coma, confused, disoriented, and on a space station called The Sprawl. Fight new enemies and explore this open world's massive zero-gravity environments to discover the truth with Xbox Cloud Gaming via EA Play.

Dead Space 3 (Cloud) EA Play – March 9
Journey across space to the icy planet of Tau Volantis with Isaac Clarke and Sgt. John Carver to destroy the source of the Necromorph outbreak. Overcome avalanches, ice climbs, violent wilderness, and an army of deadly, evolved enemies to save mankind from the impending apocalypse with Xbox Cloud Gaming via EA Play.

Valheim (Game Preview) (Console) – March 14
Available now with PC Game Pass and coming soon to Xbox consoles! Valheim is a brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players set in a procedurally generated world inspired by Norse mythology. Craft powerful weapons, construct longhouses, and slay mighty foes to prove yourself to Odin!

Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 16
Civilization VI offers unique ways to interact with your world, expand your empire across the map, advance your culture, and compete against history's greatest leaders to build a civilization that will stand the test of time.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – The Prince's Edition (Console and PC) – March 21
Once upon a time, there was a world torn by endless war. But then came a great king who would change this world forever. Join the young king Evan to found a new kingdom in the Prince's Edition, which includes all DLCs.

Also leaving the service on March 15th

• F1 2020 (Console) EA Play
  • Goat Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Kentucky Route Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Paradise Killer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Undertale (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Young Souls (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Cloud, Console, and PC)

March's first lot of additions for Game Pass

TW_ComingSoon_3.7.2023-53e74d21add6a3085c72.jpg

Also leaving the service on March 15th

Shit, Guardians of the Galaxy is leaving? I really wanted to play that, shoot. I don’t have time to play it in one week, I’m going camping with my son and his Cub scouts troop all weekend.

I’m definitely not getting my money’s worth with Gamepass, all the games I want to play leave before I get around to them.

Shit, Guardians of the Galaxy is leaving? I really wanted to play that, shoot. I don’t have time to play it in one week, I’m going camping with my son and his Cub scouts troop all weekend.

I’m definitely not getting my money’s worth with Gamepass, all the games I want to play leave before I get around to them.

Same I never got around to it and I've only heard good things about it. It does go on sale for pretty cheap though.

Same I never got around to it and I've only heard good things about it. It does go on sale for pretty cheap though.

I'm 80% through it (on PS5 though) but it's definitely better than what the initial unveiling of the game showed. Really is worth a play at some point.

Netflix is looking to add another 40 games to its service this year

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/netflix-taking-more-strategic-approach-as-it-ramps-up-dev-partnerships

• an exclusive game from Vainglory developer Super Evil Megacorp based on an unannounced upcoming Netflix IP
  • Ustwo Games' Monument Valley and its sequel, due to be added to Netflix's games collection next year (and Ustwo CEO Maria Sayans hinted that more Monument Valley games may be in the works)
  • a new Too Hot To Handle game from Nanobit, building on the success of its previous title based on the titular dating show. The sequel will launch later this year
  • an April 18 launch day for Mighty Quest: Rogue Palace, a Netflix-exclusive spin-off from Ubisoft's Mighty Quest For Epic Loot and the second of three Ubisoft games in the works for Netflix

The company said there were 40 games due for release in 2023, adding to the 55 launched since November 2021.

In total, Netflix has 86 games in the works; 16 of which are handled by in-house studios, while another 70 are being developed by third-party partners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back