GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starring Naomi Watts Cancelled at HBO

I'd rather see something set in Sothoryos. Like, what the fuck happened in Yeen? Plus, Sothoryos has dinosaurs, wyverns, giant apes and black magic. I'd also be good with something set in Ashai or something. So many mysteries to explores.

Besides, any kind of prequel, like Aegons Conquest and the Long Night, we already know how it's gonna end. Minus some details ofcourse.

I'm a fan of GOT and I watched all 7 seasons but how come I haven't heard of these event that you and others are mentioning and where can I see/read about them?

Thanks

I have all books & novellas on my dropbox if you want.

Can you guys stop talking about Roberts Rebellion? One of the first things they confirmed about the prequels was that Robert's Rebellion was NOT going to be one of them.

So squash all your hopes now.

Omg they're gonna do Roberts Rebellion! Woooooo!

Robert's Rebellion is a bad idea for a spinoff/prequel.

Update: September 20, 2017

GAME OF THRONES Writer Bryan Cogman Developing a 5th Prequel Series

24Vm5os.jpg

There’s a fifth Game of Thrones prequel series in the works, and the project’s writer is a familiar name to the fantasy drama’s fans with a massive amount of Westeros experience.

EW can exclusively report that Thrones co-executive producer Bryan Cogman is penning a drama series follow-up to the Emmy-winning blockbuster. Cogmandeveloped the project by working closely with author George R.R. Martin, who cryptically referenced the existence of an additional unconfirmed prequel on his blog months ago.

Since GoT showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have declined to be involved with the prequels (and with Martin already involved two of the other four), Cogman is arguably the next-best possible addition to the prequel squad from the show’s current creative team.

Cogman has been with Thrones since the first season when he was brought on board as an assistant to Benioff and Weiss. While the GoT showrunners are the show’s hands-on chief executives who pen most of the scripts and occasionally direct as well, Cogman has written plenty of stellar episodes along the way and ranks as the show’s third-most prolific writer. Some of his hours include season 7’s intricately plotted “Stormborn,” season 4’s “The Laws of Gods and Men” (which featured Tyrion Lannister on trial) and season 3’s “Kissed by Fire” (which included Jaime Lannister’s bathtub confession to Brienne).

In a 2011 interview with Westeros.org, Cogman discussed in some detail how he joined the series and described the first (of many) times that he read Martin’s debut A Song of Ice and Fire novel. “I immediately fell in love with the book from page one, as most people do,” Cogman recalled. “It’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had reading anything. It’s inspired storytelling, that’s all there is to it, and the characters are so rich, the themes are so varied. I love it.”

Cogman was also the rare GoT producer to wade into the Twitter tempest to interact with fans, but quit the social network a month ago to focus on the show’s final season (and, unbeknownst to fans, this prequel project).

There are no specific story details yet available for any of the new GoT projects. But Martin has ruled out tackling Robert’s Rebellion (noting fans already know all the major plot points from that war anyway) or mining his Dunk & Egg tales (as they are still being written).

Also: All the prequel projects are set before the events in Game of Thrones and do not involve any members of the current cast (the term “spinoff” is frequently used to describe these projects though it’s not technically correct).

Like all TV projects in development, none of the prequels are guaranteed to air. HBO programming president Casey Bloys has said that he might only eventually greenlight one of them. The executive also recently said that any Game of Thrones prequel won’t air until at least a year after the flagship series concludes. GoT is expected to return for its final season in either late 2018 or 2019. So we’re probably looking at 2020 until we see a follow-up GoT title.

Game of Thrones Writer Bryan Cogman Developing a 5th Prequel Series

What are the other four prequels?

I just hope DB Weiss, and Benioff dont get it. They have not done swell with GOT. They have make a lot of lazy writing calls.

Can you guys stop talking about Roberts Rebellion? One of the first things they confirmed about the prequels was that Robert's Rebellion was NOT going to be one of them.

So squash all your hopes now.
Lol, my post with predictions has been quoted several times today but it was from a few months back before Roberts Rebellion and Dunk & Egg were confirmed to not be getting spinoffs.

I think the favorite right now is the Dance of Dragons.

I'd like to see them do something set in the same universe but outside Westeros. That way they can play around with a lot of cool ideas for different cultures and characters and keep it fresh.

Ehhhh I'd on board with Robert's Rebellion should it turn out, could care less about Dragon Dance or anymore Targaryen shit.

A miniseries about the origins of the Faceless Men or Red Asshai firebugs could be interesting, not to mention whatever could be happening at the southern continent.

Or maybe a series following a group of bards called the 'Black Goat of Qohor' that travels around shattering eardrums and melting faces.

WTF? 5 prequels? Like, really?

I'd want Robert's rebellion to be one of them if there is that much.

Andals vs. First Men also seem interesting enough.

The Dunk and Egg comics are the best thing about the Ice & Fire universe, I hope they don't fuck it up.

Dunk & Egg was always gonna be a hard sell by itself. I don't think too many casual viewers give a flying fuck about Dany's great grandfather.

Roberts Rebellion is the easiest one to sell, and the one I'm most excited to see.
Its the most difficult to make the more time passes. Yes theyve done a good job with making younger versions of some of the characters,but i mean...its only 15 years before season 1 starts....they really gonna re do all the characters when many of the characters could still conceivably play themselves.

To be honest. At this point Roberts rebellion isnt worth doing. Bran's visions in the last season is all we really need.

Lets just hope that S8 includes a flashback of Robert vs. Rhaegar while summarizing Jon/Aegon's origin.

Make a sequel of the Hound and Tormund eating and killing around. Add Brienne there and you have fucking too.
Hound can rape.

I'd like to see them do something set in the same universe but outside Westeros. That way they can play around with a lot of cool ideas for different cultures and characters and keep it fresh.
look how badly they fucked up Essos though. How do you make a continent filled with sorcerors, savage nomads, slavers, gladiators, faceless men, all-powerful banks, stone men, and monsters boring? Almost every scene on that continent was tiresome to watch except when dragons were killing people.

reviving old topic but....

the current story was *easy* to put on the screen since the entire story was completely fleshed out in the books

now, Dunk and Egg is probably the second most laid out story availble. after that.. what else is really out there? i mean, are they going to write out these stories themselves?

- Dance of Dragons/Blacks vs Greens from Princess and the Queen novella is one.. but i doubt they do, because WAY to pricey for CGI on dragons

- Blackfyre Rebellion from Dunk and Egg would definitly work. i truly believe this will be one of the stories they try to do.

Now, what stories do they have that are as complete as GOT can they do? or will they write them out themselves?

Stories I think would work:

-Blackfyre Rebellion

-First Man/Children of Forest/Andal invasion/dark night/the beginnings of westeros

-something with Dorne, hopefully not Nymeria as the story would be too simialar to Dany

-Targaryan invasion seems too pricey with dragons.. but the Doom and aegon's conquest could possibly
work since there is SOOO much to work with and it includes so many different areas/houses/etc.(its entriely possible they were working on this and decided 4 stories turned to 5 as they can do Age of Valyria as one series and then the invasion as a second)

-Free folks. Land beyond the North with wildlings

-First Man/Children of Forest/Andal invasion/dark night/the beginnings of westeros- now that sounds great

Back