GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starring Naomi Watts Cancelled at HBO

I'd be cool with Robert wrecking shit with his war hammer and caving in targearyan sternum.

With the two eliminations I'm now thinking it'll be Aegons Conquest, The Long Night, and/or Valyria.

White Walkers & Dragons, you can't avoid em

I havent read the books so not sure of the time lines. In game of throne when Bran starts to dream into the past when ned finds his sister dying after giving birth to John Snow isnt that during roberts rebellion. Surely that actor would play ned in the spin off. That actor didnt seem to big and in GOT ned and robert seem pretty similar in size be weird having that actor acting next to a 6'4 young robert.

With the two eliminations I'm now thinking it'll be Aegons Conquest, The Long Night, and/or Valyria.

White Walkers & Dragons, you can't avoid em
I'm thinking/hoping Blackfyre rebellion.

images-35.jpg Whatever they make it's gotta involve the Targs and their dragons. Magic and fantasy are an integral part of the GOT world. Im thinking Aegon conquering Westeros and his progeny would be pretty good for about 5 seasons or so.
Lots of blood, sex, and dragon fire.

Of course they're prequels. Poor fucker can't even write the end of the damn story.

View attachment 229341 Whatever they make it's gotta involve the Targs and their dragons. Magic and fantasy are an integral part of the GOT world. Im thinking Aegon conquering Westeros and his progeny would be pretty good for about 5 seasons or so.
Aegon_And_His_Sisters_by_Amok..png

ySvRDxf.jpg
a-game-of-thrones-field-of-fire.png
Fall_of_harrenhal_by_reneaigner.jpg

Can also include flashbacks to Valyria as mentioned before

350px-Fourteen_Flames.jpg
valyria_by_tommyscottart-d99htj9.jpg

I'm fully on board with the speculation, now, that George refusing to finish the series is one of the most epic, visible cases of stage fright in human history.

I don't envy him, but performance anxiety as the most illuminating explanation is becoming impossible to ignore.

Update: July 26, 2017

GAME OF THRONES Spinoff Won't Air Until at Least a Year After the Final Season

imApcmT.jpg

HBO programming president Casey Bloys reaffirmed that he will not steal any thunder from the final season of Game of Thrones.

"The No. 1 priority in all of this is the final season of Game of Thrones. I don't want to do anything with a spinoff or anything that detracts or distracts from that," Bloys told reporters including The Hollywood Reporter after his time in front of the press Wednesday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. "That season will happen, and my guess is it would be at least a year before you saw anything else. What I don't want is the attention to be drawn from the final season, which I think is going to be epic and amazing, and somehow have the distraction of a new Game of Thrones airing right after that. It's best to separate it and that's what we'll do."

Bloys' comments follow a July 12 interview with THR when the executive said he'd like to see at least one of the prequel series move forward. That's still the plan. "We'll be lucky to get one that hits and we're hopeful and we'll see," he said.

The eighth and final season — which will consist of six episodes — will not premiere until after showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss feel as if they are out of the woods in the production process. Bloys said Wednesday that the scripts for the final season "are written" and the showrunners are currently "boarding it all out" as they attempt to "get a sense for when they're going to shoot" the globe-trotting series.

Bloys reiterated that the final season would air on HBO — not in Imax theaters before subscribers see it — and that the running time for each of the six episodes is something he has spoken about with the producers. "I imagine they'll be longer but … I'm not sure [how long]," he said. "We haven't had that discussion yet because I don't know how long the episodes are going to be. Two hours per episode seems like it would be excessive, but it's a great show, so who knows?"

Given the success of the franchise — Game of Thrones is HBO's most-watched series ever — Bloys jump-started the development process by hiring writers to create four prequel series. None of them will feature current characters from the beloved fantasy drama. Thrones creator George R.R. Martin is involved in all four (potentially five) of what he calls "successor shows," while showrunners Weiss and Benioff will walk away from the franchise to focus on straight-to-series HBO drama Confederate.

Should one of the prequels move forward, it would mark the first time HBO has launched a spinoff from one of its preexisting programs. As it stands now, all four prequels are in their infancy, and Bloys has yet to see so much of an outline, let alone a script. As he told THR, he is in no rush to get one on the air and is committed to giving subscribers the eighth and final season and not using it as a platform to launch a new series.

A 'Game of Thrones' Spinoff Wouldn't Air Until "At Least a Year" After Final Season

Update: September 20, 2017

GAME OF THRONES Writer Bryan Cogman Developing a 5th Prequel Series

24Vm5os.jpg

There’s a fifth Game of Thrones prequel series in the works, and the project’s writer is a familiar name to the fantasy drama’s fans with a massive amount of Westeros experience.

EW can exclusively report that Thrones co-executive producer Bryan Cogman is penning a drama series follow-up to the Emmy-winning blockbuster. Cogmandeveloped the project by working closely with author George R.R. Martin, who cryptically referenced the existence of an additional unconfirmed prequel on his blog months ago.

Since GoT showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have declined to be involved with the prequels (and with Martin already involved two of the other four), Cogman is arguably the next-best possible addition to the prequel squad from the show’s current creative team.

Cogman has been with Thrones since the first season when he was brought on board as an assistant to Benioff and Weiss. While the GoT showrunners are the show’s hands-on chief executives who pen most of the scripts and occasionally direct as well, Cogman has written plenty of stellar episodes along the way and ranks as the show’s third-most prolific writer. Some of his hours include season 7’s intricately plotted “Stormborn,” season 4’s “The Laws of Gods and Men” (which featured Tyrion Lannister on trial) and season 3’s “Kissed by Fire” (which included Jaime Lannister’s bathtub confession to Brienne).

In a 2011 interview with Westeros.org, Cogman discussed in some detail how he joined the series and described the first (of many) times that he read Martin’s debut A Song of Ice and Fire novel. “I immediately fell in love with the book from page one, as most people do,” Cogman recalled. “It’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had reading anything. It’s inspired storytelling, that’s all there is to it, and the characters are so rich, the themes are so varied. I love it.”

Cogman was also the rare GoT producer to wade into the Twitter tempest to interact with fans, but quit the social network a month ago to focus on the show’s final season (and, unbeknownst to fans, this prequel project).

There are no specific story details yet available for any of the new GoT projects. But Martin has ruled out tackling Robert’s Rebellion (noting fans already know all the major plot points from that war anyway) or mining his Dunk & Egg tales (as they are still being written).

Also: All the prequel projects are set before the events in Game of Thrones and do not involve any members of the current cast (the term “spinoff” is frequently used to describe these projects though it’s not technically correct).

Like all TV projects in development, none of the prequels are guaranteed to air. HBO programming president Casey Bloys has said that he might only eventually greenlight one of them. The executive also recently said that any Game of Thrones prequel won’t air until at least a year after the flagship series concludes. GoT is expected to return for its final season in either late 2018 or 2019. So we’re probably looking at 2020 until we see a follow-up GoT title.

Game of Thrones Writer Bryan Cogman Developing a 5th Prequel Series

Some of these spinoffs would be best served as mini series instead of multiple season shows. A few of them might also be able to be tied in together to the same series.

200.gif

5 Spin-offs.

Lemme guess. Since no Dunk & Egg and no Robert's Rebellion...

- Foundation of the Watch/ Building the Wall. Maybe with a more terror-like atmosphere.
- Arrival of the Andals and war with the First Men and Children of the Forest.
- Wars of Conquest, or how the Targaryens conquered the other kingdoms. Probably the juicest one since the audience already knows the Houses.
- Dance of the Dragons, or another Westeros civil war but with more dragons.
- Nymeria's arrival with the ten thousand ships and its struggle for hegemony in Dorne. Good opportunity for a more female oriented cast.
- Something in Essos. Maybe the foundation of Braavos, Slave Revolts...

View attachment 229341 Whatever they make it's gotta involve the Targs and their dragons. Magic and fantasy are an integral part of the GOT world. Im thinking Aegon conquering Westeros and his progeny would be pretty good for about 5 seasons or so.

Yeah that could be great, the dragon civil war would be better though.

in the Dunk & Egg novellas, Bloodraven was one bad ass motherfucker!!!

I want to know how & why he ended up so far north.

- Dunk & Egg
- Roberts Rebellion
- Dance of Dragons
- Aegons Conquest
I'm a fan of GOT and I watched all 7 seasons but how come I haven't heard of these event that you and others are mentioning and where can I see/read about them?

Thanks

Back