Game of Thrones S07E07 Discussion Thread: FinallyJumpedTheDragon (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Forgetting about her having a servant beaten to death as a kid
Yes. I either forgot or missed it. Background??

and the brother fking ?
Has been considered a norm in so many societies in history that, even though we are repulsed, you cannot deem her psycho for it.

Then there's the assaulting of her new born baby brother by nearly ripping off his dick. The casual threatening to rip off the witch's tongue. The one who gave her those 3 prophecies.

And a whole bunch of others.
Ya I need to rewatch the entire series as I only vaguely remember these now that you say it.

Perhaps just a case of cold climate dwellers sticking together, but the Night King also clearly disagreed with the judges’ decision last night.

ZSdgjJw.gif

Forgetting about her having a servant beaten to death as a kid and the brother fking ?
Then there's the assaulting of her new born baby brother by nearly ripping off his dick. The casual threatening to rip off the witch's tongue. The one who gave her those 3 prophecies.

And a whole bunch of others.

Is she really much different to Daenerys?

Cersei wanted to hurt Tyrion because his birth caused her Mother's death and she was greatly influenced by Tywin. She had the chance to kill Tyrion in the finale but decided to he mercyful.

Daenerys Casually watches as Khal Drogo murders her brother and seemed pleased with it saying he was never the real last dragon.

Nephew fucking - she will have no problem with this when Jon's identity comes out, Targaryans were marrying their siblings for hundreds of years.

Cersei threatened to rip a witches tongue out and Daenerys burns a witch alive.

Sealed people alive in vaults, has burnt hundreds of people to death in various forms of fire, ordered executions of free slaves, crucified hundreds, burnt up the food carts Cersei was bringing in to fees the people of Kings Landing etc

I don't see how people don't see the similarities between the two, they respond very simlairly to threats against them.

Cersei wanted to hurt Tyrion because his birth caused her Mother's death and she was greatly influenced by Tywin. She had the chance to kill Tyrion in the finale but decided to he mercyful.

Daenerys Casually watches as Khal Drogo murders her brother and seemed pleased with it saying he was never the real last dragon.

Nephew fucking - she will have no problem with this when Jon's identity comes out, Targaryans were marrying their siblings for hundreds of years.

Sealed people alive in vaults, has burnt hundreds of people to death in various forms of fire, ordered executions of free slaves, crucified hundreds, burnt up the food carts Cersei was bringing in to fees the people of Kings Landing etc

I don't see how people don't see the similarities between the two, they respond very simlairly to threats against them.
But the threats you describe are substantially different. In Dany's case all the actions were against someone directly threatening her or who had done her harm.

In Cersei's case almost everything is/has been reactionary when based on some perceived slight or revenge.

So unless you see death = death and do not look at intent, which to me is the most important thing that I cannot agree there.

Well said.

At the end of the day, too, the show has gone out of its way numerous times to show that Dany is a caring, empathetic person. It has simultaneously shown time and time again that Cersei is a cold-hearted individual who does not give a shit about anyone other than her family. And perhaps not even some of them.

Dany sees the Army of the Dead and thinks, we need to save the world. Cersei sees one soldier of said Army and thinks, fuck the North, let them fight and I'll keep myself isolated with the few individuals that I care about.

Also, Cersei wanting to kill Tyrion, who had actively done quite a few things to help and protect Cersei's family (most notably warding off the Stannis attack with Wildfire- had that not happened, Stannis and co. would have definitely besieged the Red Keep before Tywin and Tyrells got there) is a far cry from Dany not giving a shit when the brother who had admitted to being okay with the entire Dothraki horde fucking his sister as long as he got to be king, and had just threatened to kill her unborn child got murked by Khal Drogo.

Maybe Cersei will negotiate somehow with the night king if she learns he will leave her alone provided she gives him newborns, she is just the sort of sick fuck who would do it.

One thing we learned from Craster is that the White Walkers will leave you the fuck alone if you offer them children. How he came to know this shit is something only Bran's raven google powers can find out I guess.

I've seen this picture posted multiple times in this thread, and I'm not sure where the person who made it came up with the sizes. Frankly I think they just made it up. We've seen Belarion's skull on GoT and its head seems to be the same size as Smaugs was in the second Hobbit movie.

I haven't seen Harry Potter in several years but I remember the dragon in the fourth movie being about the same size as Drogon. And as for Shelong from Dragon Ball I remember him being fucking gigantic.

I've seen this picture posted multiple times in this thread, and I'm not sure where the person who made it came up with the sizes. Frankly I think they just made it up. We've seen Belarion's skull on GoT and its head seems to be the same size as Smaugs was in the second Hobbit movie.

I haven't seen Harry Potter in several years but I remember the dragon in the fourth movie being about the same size as Drogon. And as for Shelong from Dragon Ball I remember him being fucking gigantic.
Spyro still beats everyone in that pic imo

Spyro still beats everyone in that pic imo

I also just noticed that Belarion in that pic has Aegon on his back that looks to be about 12 meters tall or so according to the scale. Interesting to learn that Aegon was about 40 feet tall.

{<diva}

Smaug is definitely bigger, but not by much. I think the scale, as it pertains to these 2, is pretty accurate.

smaug.jpg
Jon-Snow-Meets-Drogon-Game-Thrones.jpg

Smaug is definitely bigger, but not by much. I think the scale, as it pertains to these 2, is pretty accurate.

smaug.jpg
Jon-Snow-Meets-Drogon-Game-Thrones.jpg

I was taking issue with Smaug to Belarion, not Drogon.

702-king-s-landing-cersei-.jpg

That graph showed Belarion's head being the size of Smaug pretty much. They're roughly the same size.

Your thinking of a different Harry Potter dragon.

Hungarian Horntail:
8f238cb01cbd3ea22384560945aed4bf015c408e_hq.gif

White Dragon (probably the size of Viscerion)
SGkIJ.jpg

(this was a great dragon/ dat Harry Potter money had this beast looking real af)

That graph showed Belarion's head being the size of Smaug pretty much. They're roughly the same size.
Belarion is bigger than Smaug, Smaug is Drogon size

This guy goes into crazy detail to determine how big Balerion was.

He comes up with a length of 200m (Smaug from the movie was estimated to be about 50m). The scale of the skull may be off, too. That picture is much older than this episode of GoT. Also, Cersei is standing closer to the camera.

Belarion is bigger than Smaug, Smaug is Drogon size

I'd say looking at the pictures posted by @Anung Un Rama that Smaug is clearly a lot bigger than Drogon. Smaug's head is like the size of a minivan. Drogon's head is nowhere near as big.

He comes up with a length of 200m (Smaug from the movie was estimated to be about 50m). The scale of the skull may be off, too. That picture is much older than this episode of GoT. Also, Cersei is standing closer to the camera.

Based on the angle of her shadow Cersei looks to be about 8 feet from Belarion's skull. I'd say his head looks to be on par with the size of Smaug's head.

I'll have to watch the video later to see what analysis the guy gives. 200 meters would make him almost twice the size of Godzilla who's only 350' tall.

I'd say looking at the pictures posted by @Anung Un Rama that Smaug is clearly a lot bigger than Drogon. Smaug's head is like the size of a minivan. Drogon's head is nowhere near as big.

Based on the angle of her shadow Cersei looks to be about 8 feet from Belarion's skull. I'd say his head looks to be on par with the size of Smaug's head.

I'll have to watch the video later to see what analysis the guy gives. 200 meters would make him almost twice the size of Godzilla who's only 350' tall.
I'm looking at that image and you're right. The proportions relative to the other dragons are way off. Even the Targ riding Balerion is off (like you said).

I thought movie Smaug was about 130-140 meters. Definitely far bigger than show Drogon.

Wasn't Balerion already like over 100 years old by the time of Aegon's Conquest?

Wasn't Balerion already like over 100 years old by the time of Aegon's Conquest?

Yes. The current dragons in the show are super young. They probably shouldn't even be that big, though maybe they're stuck in the part of reality that made Rickon and Bran grow and not the part of reality that's keeping Gilly's baby a baby.

Back