Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing that leads me to believe that Arya may be in for harsh time for violating the Code of the Many Faced God is the disturbing scene where Nymeria, the long lost dire wolf, looks at her with the saddest of eyes and moves away slowly with the pack in abject, disconsolate sadness and pity.

foreshadowing? the show loves to shock (Red Wedding, etc.) with the demise of beloved characters.
hopefully, Arya can redeem herself somehow, in the name of the Old and the New Gods, to survive and
occupy a place of honor and influence in the reordered Realm of the North.

another thing that leads me to believe that Arya may be in for harsh time for violating the Code of the Many Faced God is the disturbing scene where Nymeria, the long lost dire wolf, looks at her with the saddest of eyes and moves away slowly with the pack in abject, disconsolate sadness and pity.

foreshadowing? the show loves to shock (Red Wedding, etc.) with the demise of beloved characters.
hopefully, Arya can redeem herself somehow, in the name of the Old and the New Gods, to survive and
occupy a place of honor and influence in the reordered Realm of the North.

Where do you people come up with this shit. I swear its like we arent even watching the same story

She is going on her murder mission and she isnt in trouble . She killed the waif and learned to be a killer she passed the test and is off to give those many names to the many faced god

Nymeria doesnt pity her she has her own life and is doing her own thing.

She isnt getting killed in the near future as far as I can see

My personal p4p rankings are based on who is likely to win in one on one combat. I dont count arya for being able to change skins and execute old men. So far the Night King can raise the dead but we have seen that even Sam the SLAYER can kill a white walker without even trying,so long as hes got dragonstone on him,so he's out till we can see that he can take that shit.

1) Tormund Giantsbane: you dont get a name like that being a bitch. This dude rolls with Giants and they let him be called that. Slayed Rattleshirt,Smalljon Umber,and defeated Alisser thorne in combat. The hits just keep comin.
2) Bronn: The dirtiest player in the game.A guy like Jon Snow,despite all he's done,is just not experienced enough to take on someone so adept in the killing arts,who fights witn no honor and win.
3:Sir Robert Strong/Gregor Clegane/The Frankenmountain that rides:
Seems impervious to damage,and even scarier,his strength looks to have increased.He doesnt really need skill when he is that big and undead.
4) Brienne of Tarth: Defeated the Hound in the best fight on the show. We all fight with injuries. Lets not say BFT wasnt nursing some of her own before engaging in the mortalest of Kombats with the Hound. She aced a admittedly diminished two handed Kingslayer,but whose to say she wouldnt have won anyway,on sheer physicality.
5) Sandor Clegane: The Mountain is a total savage,and is great at taking on 5 or 6 cans at the same time,but he needs a big win after dropping an L to Brienne of Tarth to move back up in the rankings. #Cleganebowl
6) Jon Snow: The White Wolf,the king in the north. Jon's done real well for himself,even if not all his victories were clean. He is gaining experience,and his crosstraining with the crows and wildlings has made a formidable fighter indeed.

Euron climbed up the rankings huge,lets see what he does next. Daario may be as high up as Bronn but has yet to really prove it. Hype job.

Where do you people come up with this shit. I swear its like we arent even watching the same story

She is going on her murder mission and she isnt in trouble . She killed the waif and learned to be a killer she passed the test and is off to give those many names to the many faced god

Nymeria doesnt pity her she has her own life and is doing her own thing.

She isnt getting killed in the near future as far as I can see
lol, sure whatever bro.
just look at the HBO treatment of the narrative, makes sense for ratings.
who knows what happens, it's fun and ok to second guess where the script goes.
it's just TV after all, right homie?

it's pretty much understood and accepted that using the powers of many faces to exact revenge on one's enemies is verboten and cause for expulsion from the order.
Arya, while an heroic and mostly honorable figure, has done this multiple times without repercussions.
wouldn't be surprised however, if it didn't come back to bite her in the ass at some point.

Jaqen knew who he was dealing with, and that she wasn't totally committed. "A girl is not ready to become no one, but she's ready to become someone else." His fault for training someone he knew who wasn't going to give up being Arya Stark.

lol, sure whatever bro.
just look at the HBO treatment of the narrative, makes sense for ratings.
who knows what happens, it's fun and ok to second guess where the script goes.
it's just TV after all, right homie?

No this isnt a poem with an open interpretation this is a story with concrete narratives and you can speculate all you want I guess but you are wrong about jons oath breaking and aryas oath breaking that is not where this story appears to be headed at all.

The hbo peoples even explain the nymeria scene and what it means for her and arya right after the show .....

Again you can speculate for fun all you want but I know that you are wrong to the point where if it was legal id tell ya put your account on the line.

Interpretation man they spell most of it out for ya and what they dont spell out for you they give you assorted clues and the story isnt headed that direction at all.

There arent going to be big twists at this point man we are basically on the final act. War of the living is ending so that we can begin the war of the dead

Homie :)

Jaqen knew who he was dealing with, and that she wasn't totally committed. "A girl is not ready to become no one, but she's ready to become someone else." His fault for training someone he knew who wasn't going to give up being Arya Stark.

Not just that look at the look he is giving her he is proud as could be that she passed and is off to serve those names. He didnt say a word warn her or try to stop her because she did what she was supposed to do and with all the beatings the waif kept putting on her he was worried because a man had come to like a girl.

I swear to god yall should have stayed sober in English class when they teach you all about literary interpretation in school

Member when you ragamuffins got your GEDs and the test made you read that shit then asked you what the passage you just read was about ... Yea like that works the same with movies and tv shows

rewatching s06e07 and Lady Mormot calls sansa Lady Sandra. is that just a mistake or something?

Holy shit. Extremely major, moreso than the others. Why on earth would they leave him out?

The most common answer for questions like that is "the books are the books, and the show is the show", so we'll just have to deal with all these excluded/merged characters.

The absence of Lady Stoneheart is particularly a sore spot for me, because it would be the ultimate redemption arc if she one day finds out that the bastard boy she hated all those years (because he's a constant reminder of her husband's infidelity) turns out to be her nephew.

My personal p4p rankings are based on who is likely to win in one on one combat. I dont count arya for being able to change skins and execute old men. So far the Night King can raise the dead but we have seen that even Sam the SLAYER can kill a white walker without even trying,so long as hes got dragonstone on him,so he's out till we can see that he can take that shit.

1) Tormund Giantsbane: you dont get a name like that being a bitch. This dude rolls with Giants and they let him be called that. Slayed Rattleshirt,Smalljon Umber,and defeated Alisser thorne in combat. The hits just keep comin.
2) Bronn: The dirtiest player in the game.A guy like Jon Snow,despite all he's done,is just not experienced enough to take on someone so adept in the killing arts,who fights witn no honor and win.
Seems impervious to damage,and even scarier,his strength looks to have increased.He doesnt really need skill when he is that big and undead.
4) Brienne of Tarth: Defeated the Hound in the best fight on the show. We all fight with injuries. Lets not say BFT wasnt nursing some of her own before engaging in the mortalest of Kombats with the Hound. She aced a admittedly diminished two handed Kingslayer,but whose to say she wouldnt have won anyway,on sheer physicality.
5) Sandor Clegane: The Mountain is a total savage,and is great at taking on 5 or 6 cans at the same time,but he needs a big win after dropping an L to Brienne of Tarth to move back up in the rankings. #Cleganebowl
6) Jon Snow: The White Wolf,the king in the north. Jon's done real well for himself,even if not all his victories were clean. He is gaining experience,and his crosstraining with the crows and wildlings has made a formidable fighter indeed.

Euron climbed up the rankings huge,lets see what he does next. Daario may be as high up as Bronn but has yet to really prove it. Hype job.

That's some strong Jon Bones Snow hate. He easily has the best resume and has done the most fighting on the show, but he's 6?? Jon beat Tormund with a walkaway TKO, but Tormund is 1? You say some of Jon's wins aren't clean, but say no excuses for Brienne's wins? Bronn ducked the hell out of The Mountain and lost to the Sand Snakes, but he's ahead of a scarier version of The Mountain and Euron who easily killed the Sand Snakes? I begrudgingly like your biased list.

That's some strong Jon Bones Snow hate. He easily has the best resume and has done the most fighting on the show, but he's 6?? Jon beat Tormund with a walkaway TKO, but Tormund is 1? You say some of Jon's wins aren't clean, but say no excuses for Brienne's wins? Bronn ducked the hell out of The Mountain and lost to the Sand Snakes, but he's ahead of a scarier version of The Mountain and Euron who easily killed the Sand Snakes? I begrudgingly like your biased list.
I dont hate jon snow at all,i want him to be #1 but i think hed lose to these other gents

Again you can speculate for fun all you want but I know that you are wrong to the point where if it was legal id tell ya put your account on the line.

Homie :)

uh, ok. do you even for a moment recognize how lame, stupid and gay this sounds? put my ACCOUNT on the line? really?
over some stupid ass TV bullshit?
ready to leave here and never come back if this is indicative of the level of intelligence itt

you denigrate the other, perceptive and articulate posters who voice opinions on the show.

uh, ok. do you even for a moment recognize how lame, stupid and gay this sounds? put my ACCOUNT on the line? really?
ready to leave here and never come back if this is indicative of the level of intelligence itt

you denigrate the other, perceptive and articulate posters who voice opinions on the show.
Shut up gramps. Why engage? You disappoint me.

Relax man im just havin fun with you and im a gambler and we dont got much else to bet on. Nah I wouldnt leave and neither would you just one of us be gettin a new name. I dont have much other way of telling you how correct I believe myself to be anon over the internet.

And Im not denigrating anyone It just blows my mind and I didnt think Adawg was such a misunderstood character til I started reading this thread.

It can be hard to have a civil go with someone online when so much of what we say is lost in text and almost everything sounds so hostile if an argument breaks out.

All Im saying is I think your arya theories are way off the mark man

She didnt murder those kids , she isnt in trouble with the dark brotherhood , shes been scared and alone for half her life now and everything is on hold now that she found out that she isnt alone. She is going home and is more than likely goin to stay near the fam and make sure that no one fucks with her family ever again. I think her top priority is to make up with her sister and that it might be possible that she knows enough about littlefinger to be very unhappy to see him.

Next season look for her to stay close to sansa and Bran so that that everyone else can go to war and again no one fucks with the family ever again. It is also more than likely that rowboat shows back up at some point and that there is a good chance that something blooms between them. The adventures they have shared the fact that he kept her secret and who each of their dads is leads me to believe that if both are alive after the war that is the likely end

Now if you would like tear my prediction apart and call me crazy and absurd if I am

Hes just mad I think his theories suck and I think they are so bad I wanna bet him something
I'm not gonna get in on theories but don't pick on graves. He's like 70 and has earned respect. He's the sherdog version of Olena Tyrell but male. #gravesbliss

Great read.

I don't think we're ever going to see Daario again so he'll remain one of those what ifs. Dude had a ton of potential and beat the champ of Mereen.

As for him vs. Bronn, HOF Bronn is the Western Conference, Daario is like the Eastern Conference version of Bronn. Can't really know how it would have played out had they ever faced off.

ajNN09q_700b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back