Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't his Warhammer heavy? But it sounds like he was better as a group than 1to1.

Oh yeah, he was swinging that shit like a wiffle bat. He was good one vs one. I mean, he won the only man to man fight he needed to, when he caved Rhaegar's chest in.

Barrister Seymour hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a legendary swordsman, as of now The Summit seems like the most impressive warrior.

So who has the better redemption arc, the Hound or Jaime?

What if one of the two are Azor Ahai reborn? The Hound was reborn figuratively.

Jaime, for sure.

Definitely 2 of the most interesting characters, though.

I disagree. Jaime is still exactly the same guy: a morally-ambiguous person straddling between light and dark, whose actions depends on the agenda of the day and what the situation calls for.

If required, he'd still gladly throw a child out of the window now, or save one from being harmed.

He will never be as good as Jon, who go out of his way to do good thing for people who might not even deserves it, nor will he ever descend to the same level as his sister, who actually finds joy in doing evil shit to good people.

I disagree. Jaime is still exactly the same guy: a morally-ambiguous person straddling between light and dark, whose actions depends on the agenda of the day and what the situation calls for.

If required, he'd still gladly throw a child out of the window now, or save one from being harmed.

He will never be as good as Jon, who go out of his way to do good thing for people who might not even deserves it, nor will he ever descend to the same level as his sister, who actually finds joy in doing evil shit to good people.

Wasn't it last season that Jaime said he would catapult Lord Tulley's son over the wall if he doesn't do what he wants?

According to GRRM, Selmy was about the same level as Dayne. Dayne had Dawn though, which would have given him the edge.

Both Selmy and Dayne were pretty far above everyone else though.

Robert was a beast in his prime though.

Don't get me wrong selmy is skilled but he fought being the best thru duty. Robert was a freak of nature and fought with the love of combat.

People look down on Robert because he ended as a fat king, but he was the fury

Me and my friends by the fire eating rabbit
Drinking fast, and then we talk slow.....
Not sure which one I like more that one or 'King's Landing isn't the best place to find a lover, so the forest is where I go.'

Don't get me wrong selmy is skilled but he fought being the best thru duty. Robert was a freak of nature and fought with the love of combat.

People look down on Robert because he ended as a fat king, but he was the fury
Robert was extremely dangerous, for sure.

But Selmy and Dayne are both a level above him.

Robert was extremely dangerous, for sure.

But Selmy and Dayne are both a level above him.

Robert carried a hammer that many could not wield and he carried it with grace. I don't think selmy would know how to combat that while Robert knew how to fight him.

Roberts bloodlust would beat selmy down.

Grey worm getting naked with Danny's secretary is kind of gross. Dude has no dick or balls.
I believe the question of him still having a dick was never answered.

Last edited:
Wasn't it last season that Jaime said he would catapult Lord Tulley's son over the wall if he doesn't do what he wants?

Yup, here's the full threat to Edmure Tully, as Jaime channels his inner Tywin:

"When the castle falls, all those inside will be put to the sword. Your herds will be butchered, your godswood will be felled, your keeps and towers will burn. I'll pull your walls down, and divert the Tumblestone over the ruins. By the time I'm done no man will ever know that a castle once stood here....You'll want your child, I expect. I'll send him to you when he's born. With a trebuchet."

If there's anything Jaime learned from his father, it's that you do NOT make empty threats that you're not prepared to follow through. A lesson he glady passed on to the bluffing Freys (with a swift smack to the face) who previously put Edmure in a noose just for show.

Last edited:
Robert carried a hammer that many could not wield and he carried it with grace. I don't think selmy would know how to combat that while Robert knew how to fight him.

Roberts bloodlust would beat selmy down.
Maybe. I'd still favor Selmy. Warhammers weren't that rare. True, Robert is stronger than most and his hammer is heavier. But Selmy is still more skilled and according to GRRM the best together with Dayne.

I don't know, I think Selmy would shit his pants like Rhaegar probably did. Robert was too small on the show.

Rhaeger-Killed-By-Robert-Baratheon-862x1200.jpg

Well the good news about this debate about who's the best knight in Westeros is that we're probably gonna be seeing A LOT of dueling scenes in the Thrones spin-offs.

If they choose to include it, the Single Combat between Robert and Rhaegar gonna be insane!

I don't know, I think Selmy would shit his pants like Rhaegar probably did. Robert was too small on the show.

Rhaeger-Killed-By-Robert-Baratheon-862x1200.jpg

Rhaegar wounded him pretty badly iirc. Robert was about 6'6 I think. I remember reading somewhere he was Brienne's height. Both of them were way smaller then the Clegane bros, and Greatjon.

Yes it was and he's a Lannister and they never keep their promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back