Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good analysis of episode 1:

Interesting point @09.06 that the blade shown in the book that Sam was reading could be the same as the one that Arya is pictured being in possession of.

I think Cersei is ultimately adaptable when it comes to survival. There is little she won't do including putting her children at risk. This how she ended Robert and Ned and the Sparrow.

But I also see Cersei as often short sighted and dumb and not looking past her immediate goals to see if she is only making things worse for herself long term.

Catlyn Stark was similarly short sighted and dumb but not as adaptable as Cersei as you can be one without the other.
She never needed to put her children at risk. Tommen's death could have been completley avoided,if it were not for her own stupidity. In trying to clean up her mess,the one she started,she had to sacrifice her child. She needed her son to be her pawn instead of a Tyrell pawn or a pawn of the high sparrow. What did she say when Jamie told her all her children are dead? she said "for us,then"
Thats not adaptability,its total delusion,ignoring the serious problems,not really willing to face it.

Just started watching, tyrone lancaster is my favorite character so far

She's on the list and Arya has expanded that greatly. It will be interesting to see if she kills the Lannister soldiers.

Melisandre also said that she will meet Arya again. She looked disturbed when she looked into Arya's eyes.

ah yes..tyrone

also, jamal snow is dope too

Tyrone Lannister
Tyrone+lannister+a+quick+photo+manipulation+by+me+the+hood+sends_bf92bf_5526361.jpg

Terry "aka the other Tyrone" Lannister
Hd0Rd2r.jpg

As far as I know there is no character by the name of Jamal Snow... I think you have him confused with Jamarcus Snow who is the adopted son of Nerd Stark.
jamarcus-russell-fat.jpg

Nerd Stark
wBzgAIa.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that Stannis was a fucking retard for burning Shireen but i think he also thought it was the only way to save the realm. He was deluded into thinking it was up to him to save everyone from the White Walkers and Ramsey. All the talk about Azor Ahai killing his wife. I think Stannis thought that shit was part of the job because of everything Melisandre had been telling. Its awful but its not he did it for fun

To quote the Hound, "Half the horrible shite in this world gets done for something, bigger than ourselves". In other words, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Convince me I have to die to save the world, and I'll probably do it. Tell me I have to kill my own bairn and the world can fuck off and burn. I'll make sure I live just long enough to piss in the ashes.

Nothing is more important than family. Not God(s)not country. Not the whole fucking world.

She never needed to put her children at risk. Tommen's death could have been completley avoided,if it were not for her own stupidity. In trying to clean up her mess,the one she started,she had to sacrifice her child. She needed her son to be her pawn instead of a Tyrell pawn or a pawn of the high sparrow. What did she say when Jamie told her all her children are dead? she said "for us,then"
Thats not adaptability,its total delusion,ignoring the serious problems,not really willing to face it.

How old is Cersei at this point? Dany is supposed to be around 20 and was born prior to Robert becoming King. Cersei was 19 when she married Robert so she would be about 40? Plenty of time to have more children.

Slowest first episode of new season I ever see.

Arya with Ed Sheeran and motley crue is total waste.

I will wed Gilly

Just focus on two characters per episode, not Jon Snow/sister, Arya, Fat boy cleaning up barf and poo, Euron courting Cersei, Clegane with friends.

And then finally the Dragon Queen. And all she does is set foot on the island and walk around. Not even saying anything. Just do two from now on goddamnit ! ! ! ! ! !

I hate that little shit Guffrey

Slowest first episode of new season I ever see.

Arya with Ed Sheeran and motley crue is total waste.

I will wed Gilly

Just focus on two characters per episode, not Jon Snow/sister, Arya, Fat boy cleaning up barf and poo, Euron courting Cersei, Clegane with friends.

And then finally the Dragon Queen. And all she does is set foot on the island and walk around. Not even saying anything. Just do two from now on goddamnit ! ! ! ! ! !

Lost @ motley crue.

I agree that Stannis was a fucking retard for burning Shireen but i think he also thought it was the only way to save the realm. He was deluded into thinking it was up to him to save everyone from the White Walkers and Ramsey. All the talk about Azor Ahai killing his wife. I think Stannis thought that shit was part of the job because of everything Melisandre had been telling. Its awful but its not he did it for fun

Didn't do it for fun, but he let Mel make a fucking spectacle out of it. Imagine that shit- letting her walk among the soldiers toward Melisandre and a pyre. She then desperately yells out for him and that POS is nowhere to be found, standing in the background hiding.

Mel sure seemed to get a kick out of it too, just like she did when she told Tormund and co. she was sending them a message before burning Mance. Another scumbag who should get her comeuppance.

How old is Cersei at this point? Dany is supposed to be around 20 and was born prior to Robert becoming King. Cersei was 19 when she married Robert so she would be about 40? Plenty of time to have more children.
Kinda hard to be pregnant when you are trying to fight a war and have no king to do it for you.

Correct me if I m wrong but Cersei said that after listening to her father for 40 years she ought to have learned something.

That makes her 40.

True say. He had to accept that the mountain wasn't going to admit it was Tywin, but that he had his revenge on the actual person who did the killing - and then search for evidence or plot against the Lannisters some other way. Tyrion was about to owe him his life - and Cercei was about to hate him forever. There were ways to get what he wanted without a confession from the mountain - a confession that would have been impossible to coax out of him.

I remember watching on the first airing and that point when Oberyn starts pointing up at Tywin and saying "Who gave you the order," I was completely captivated. Pascal was too fucking good that season.

Well said- I notice Tommen's death seems to affect her the least. Partly reflects the gradual hardening of a heart- she seems to have become even more callous and cruel as the show has gone on. But also seems to reflect that delusion you're talking about. Unlike the other two where they were killed at the hand of others, King Cuck took his own life. As such, one would think Cersei should take a long hard look at what she did to really fuck up Tommen's life because, after all, she is very much responsible for the chain of events that led to him losing his wife, becoming a helpless pawn, and killing himself. But, instead, she blames him. "He betrayed us," she told Jaime.

Well said- I notice Tommen's death seems to affect her the least. Partly reflects the gradual hardening of a heart- she seems to have become even more callous and cruel as the show has gone on. But also seems to reflect that delusion you're talking about. Unlike the other two where they were killed at the hand of others, King Cuck took his own life. As such, one would think Cersei should take a long hard look at what she did to really fuck up Tommen's life because, after all, she is very much responsible for the chain of events that led to him losing his wife, becoming a helpless pawn, and killing himself. But, instead, she blames him. "He betrayed us," she told Jaime.
She could have had him locked up in a cell instead of leaving him unsupervised in a place with a open window. Maybe she wanted him to jump at that point. As long as the enemy doesnt win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back