Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say that his only value is a sword hes the commander of the lannister army. Him turning and going north is nothing but an advantage and Jon isnt out for vengeance he is out to unite EVERYONE to fight the walk walkers.

I am seriously having a hard time with why this seems so insane to you guys. This isnt about Stark and Lannister rivalry and old beefs its about survival .

Jamie is going to end up in the north to do something worth doing for once and Jon is going to take him and whatever resources he brings with him .
Why would the army go with Jamie? How is the army even still around?

The Lannisters are broke right now. I still don't know why the other nobles haven't poached men from them and gone on their merry way.

Cersei holding Kings Landing is terribly perplexing.

I'm pretty sure Jaimie's role in the story from here on is to stop Cersei and gain his redemption.
That's one of the safer predictions at this point.

Cersei was boss as fuck last season, but let's face it, she's massively outnumbered and out of moves.
Dat scrub Euron can't save her.
The only thing she has is King's Landing. No doubt she will hold it to ransom when the time comes.

Man, Pod has a seriously unevolved face. He carries more than 4% neanderthal DNA. Shame he didn't get a swoleness and athleticism that should be his birthright.
He led a soft life under that sod Tyrion. A full year of training under Brienne and he'll be shadowboxing like Romero.

Premier felt like watching a sitcom. Awkward comedic one liners and not a whole lot happening. Sophie Turner can't act like anything but a scared girl. Soon Sansa will truly realise the only value she offers is ginger minge.

Glad we have Euron. He seems ambitious enough.

Does anyone know the gift Euron plans to bring back to Cersei? I have a theory what it is.

Tyrion.

Not Ewan McGregor is going to get Tyrion.

those who say nothing happened, you need some character development and setting events up too. it can't all be action or it becomes a fucking Michael Bay movie.

Cersei is having a Hitler mid1944 moment. completely surrounded by enemies, massively outnumbered and outgunned. I don't think Euron's ships will be able to do much against dragons.
Jaime's plan is to go get the Tyrells, which seems like a good idea. Olenna is the only Tyrell left so the bloodline is doomed anyway, maybe Sam's cunt father will switch sides if they name him Lord of the Reach.

the Hound on screen is always gold. even if he is becoming a good guy now, his past is still haunting him. one of the best characters on the show, who would have thought during season 1 that he would develope this much?

Tormund being sent to the exact place the dead will break through? I see a battle soon. hopefully he survives.

I don't know if Jon's decision was good or bad. it had mixed reactions from the bannermen, but it's early to tell.
and LF is definitely plotting against him. Sansa is right in that Ned and Robb's noble and righteous ways were not suited for politics. Jon needs to learn to play the game.

I think Arya's scene with the Lannister soldiers was supposed to show that she is not a complete psychopath, and that even if they are Lannister soldiers, she won't kill them because they seem to be decent people. I could be wrong though. fuck the Freys, good riddance. who is in power over there now? that useless moron Edmure Tully could end up as the Lord of the Riverlands just by outlasting everyone from his cell.

poor Mormont is rotting at a fast pace, they need a cure soon. maybe Qyburn could do something.

Fucking lol @ Friendstone. Chilling in a dungeon, waiting for Khalessi to come home.

What the fuck is he gonna do when she gets there? Run off to see her looking like Geodude?

I just wanna know how he got all the way over there to Old Town from the middle of the Dothraki Sea with no coin, horse, ship and in his condition and still made it over the narrow sea before Danny. I guess he had a head start?! *Shrugs* Or he found Varys' teleporter.

I assuming he went there searching for a cure and they threw him in a sanitarium/infirmary?!?

the Hound on screen is always gold. even if he is becoming a good guy now, his past is still haunting him. one of the best characters on the show, who would have thought during season 1 that he would develope this much?

He's been one of the best developed characters in the show. Its alot less forced with him. He's failed at so many things he's tried to do,but the hard bastard wont die,and no one seems tough enough to put him down for good. His face turn also makes the Clegane bowl that much sweeter.

The hounds scenes were head and shoulders above the rest of the episode tbh.

fucking lol @ Ed Sheeran and his stupid smirking face.

The hounds scenes were head and shoulders above the rest of the episode tbh.

fucking lol @ Ed Sheeran and his stupid smirking face.
he had that "im in game of thrones and your not" face

Snow needs the dragon glass. He's going to team with Daenerys.

Yeah, I got that. The show can't end without a Jon/Danaerys sex scene anyway. But, with the great war upon them, he's got a very bruised ego.

Yeah, I got that. The show can't end without a Jon/Danaerys sex scene anyway. But, with the great war upon them, he's got a very bruised ego.
Jon's too good for her. We saw how Sansa acting like a right cunt at that meeting,just imagine what Miss Stormborn the unburnts gonna do?

That piece of ass Danaerys will fix his ego up just fine.

If Jamie was still good with a sword, Jon might let it go. But he's barely capable and helped screw over his family multiple times. Outlook doesn't look good.
I dunno, I think it's clear that he's going to continue his turn toward face and try to make up for some shitty things he has done as well as a lack of heroic knightly things on his resume and do some good stuff. Have to think that he'll end up going some important stuff and maybe even sacrificing himself for like...sansa or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back