Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I wouldn't say best premier. Two Swords, the season 4 premier was muuuuuuch better.

I didn't hate it, I'll probably appreciate it more as time goes on, but the season only has 6 more episodes. I hope they pick up the pace next week.
season 1 premier was tits too.

Shitty thread title IMO. Let's make these titles great again.
A lot of people didn't like the thread titles from last season and felt they were spoiler-y. Also I think the first episode thread is usually titled something like this. @Lethal would know.

A lot of people didn't like the thread titles from last season and felt they were spoiler-y. Also I think the first episode thread is usually titled something like this.
Fuck that, thread titles all day. Make them on Monday night if spoilers are an issue.

Euron reminds me of the typical club jumper in Scottsdale. Button up your shirt you dam hipster

Thoros should have been a bro and helped the hound out with the last rites.. was cool of him to help him bury those 2 though. Dude is still a priest though, and he has his faith back. Maybe its cause Sandor didnt look to him for aid.

I tnought the Sam scenes were great, must of been the only one. This show needs some levity and some comic relief. He provides that. The montage of him collecting the Maesters bedpans and pouring the stew or w/e that was, was hilarious.

Samwell thinking he would have it good on easy st.at the Citadel.

I guess there's an infirmary there too, hence why you know who was there.

The ending with Danny was meh. No dialogue and just walking around a set we already know. Waste of time honestly.
The problem with Sam's scenes are they took up valuable time from a finite amount available, the payoff was weak as he already knew the info he found and that he's been there for 1-3 years and he doesn't seem to have one fucking maester link/still doing intern work.

Get your shit together, Sam.

Thoros should have been a bro and helped the hound out with the last rites.. was cool of him to help him bury those 2 though. Dude is still a priest though, and he has his faith back. Maybe its cause the Sandor didnt look to him for aid.
what do you mean, spoiler? this is a no spoilers thread.

First scene with Jon, Sansa, and Lyanna was cringe worthy. Also didn't think much of Arya poisoning the Freys. Dany's stuff was good because she didn't speak much.

6/10 episode

Fucking lol @ Friendstone. Chilling in a dungeon, waiting for Khalessi to come home.

What the fuck is he gonna do when she gets there? Run off to see her looking like Geodude?

First scene with Jon, Sansa, and Lyanna was cringe worthy. Also didn't think much of Arya poisoning the Freys. Dany's stuff was good because she didn't speak much.

6/10 episode
Damn, that's a piss poor review. I hope your expectations for the Clegane bowl aren't as high.

i think Sam scene was to show that some people eat their own shit on a daily basis, could be a dig to the fans, dirty bastards

The problem with Sam's scenes are they took up valuable time from a finite amount available, the payoff was weak as he already knew the info he found and that he's been there for 1-3 years and he doesn't seem to have one fucking maester link/still doing intern work.

Get your shit together, Sam.

There was lots of filler in the entire episode. That Arya scene with the Lannisters moved nothing along plot wise. I liked the scenes with Sam, I chuckled at him suffering. Dan and David have no source material, so clearly they are goin the Walking dead approach and using lots of filler.

The ending of the episode was more of a waste of time then any of Sams scenes. I get it, it's supposed to be dramatic and emotional. It was just no dialogue walking. We already have seen Dragonstone, who cares.

what do you mean, spoiler? this is a no spoilers thread.

No spoilers ITT, it's right in the title.

Thoros should have been a bro and helped the hound out with the last rites.. was cool of him to help him bury those 2 though. Dude is still a priest though, and he has his faith back. Maybe its cause Sandor didnt look to him for aid.

Maybe it gave the Hound a chance to lament their death in his own way, which one would not expect from the old hound.

There was lots of filler in the entire episode. That Arya scene with the Lannisters moved nothing along plot wise. I liked the scenes with Sam, I chuckled at him suffering. Dan and David have no source material, so clearly they are goin the Walking dead approach and using lots of filler.

The ending of the episode was more of a waste of time then any of Sams scenes. I get it, it's supposed to be dramatic and emotional. It was just no dialogue walking. We already have seen Dragonstone, who cares.

No spoilers ITT, it's right in the title.
Dragonstone hasn't been seen for awhile and Stannis' reign is history now. From a historical, redemption standpoint it's nice to see House Targaryen (EG DANY) regain her birth place.

I was surprised by Euron's interaction with Cersei. I figured he would already have a trinket for her. Really like he's been at Sea for like 10+ years and never found a trinket good enough, but now is gonna find one in an episode or 2. Wtf?

I suspect it will be her brother.

Tormund making moves... I wonder what his line is going to be, instead of creeping looks to Brienne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back