Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam is the Jar Jar Binks of Game of Thrones.

I'm coining a new name tonight, let him forever be known from this day forth as..

Jar Jar Tarly

@Lethal @Peteyandjia
7 Seasons in and Sam still has some of worst scenes lol.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Heh, the first time we saw Arya in the riverlands area wasn't she learning from Tywin Lannister?

She just Tywin'd house Frey.

Anyone else have a slew of commentary about the episodes but by the end can't remember it all because of how much awesomeness there is?

I aboslulety love that one lone assassin just completely took out a key fighting force and ally of the Lannisters. This probably won't cross Arya's mind now but if she had realized the true power a faceless man then Jaqen's main target would have been Tywinn while they were all still at Harrenhal.
I can't remember if it was in the show but rowboat Gendry questions that in the book.

3bvo5dqqvz9z.jpg

I'm bringing a note pad next week.

ah okay basically what id heard except it will drag on for another calendar year

Yea I mean basically there is only one season left. 13 episodes is basically one season. Instead of having season 7 be 13 episodes then its over they are breaking it in half so its season 7 is 7 episodes and season 8 is 6 episodes.....but yea, that's really just one season. Bastards want to drag it out long as possible.

Yea I mean basically there is only one season left. 13 episodes is basically one season. Instead of having season 7 be 13 episodes then its over they are breaking it in half so its season 7 is 7 episodes and season 8 is 6 episodes.....but yea, that's really just one season. Bastards want to drag it out long as possible.

The only benefit from this is that season 7 will generate good money so then season 8 will have a good budget and they can but good time and production to the Episodes.

Not gonna lie, little underwhelmed.

Bran seeing Giant Wights was fucking dope, seeing Edd again also dope.
Arya ending House Frey was a great way to kick shit off.
Dany finally getting home, been waiting for that shit since I read the first book 7 years ago.
Hounderlei, great as always.

The rest was just whatever.

Major problem I had is, the Hound can fucking see visions now? Maybe they can grant that power, but I always liked it better when he was a major skeptic. Waiting for him to actually see the threat in person would have been much better imo.

uDvWd3b.gif

still the saddest scene in the whole series for me, but all will be forgiven when they reunite. <3

Also yeah, love Sam, but that was a fucking waste of time. He literally said it in the scene, Stannis gave you the heads up bruh. Dragonglass at Dragonstone shouldn't be something you need to steal a pair of keys for.

Sansa got reversed feministed by Jon and I loved every second of it. You can read the foreshadowing for betrayal between the two clearer than day but that's either blatant or misdirection by the GOT crew. Maybe it's both we'll see. FYI on my phone I tried to type both and it autocorrected to north for some reason #mindblown

EDIT: Upon further review Sansa just playing da game of thrones. Don't hate da player, hate the game.

Last edited:
Sam wastes too much screen time in my eye.

Last edited:
Just saw next weeks preview. Looks like someone finds their long lost Direwolf.

Hardest I laughed though was when Jaime asked "Bitch, what dynasty, there's only two of us. Who the fuck are you gonna pass shit on to?"

If Cersei and Little Finger don't die this season, I'm going to be pissed. Jaime needs to man up and do the what needs to be done, and if Sansa is smart, she finds a way to end that manipulative little twat quietly.

If Cersei and Little Finger don't die this season, I'm going to be pissed. Jaime needs to man up and do the what needs to be done, and if Sansa is smart, she finds a way to end that manipulative little twat quietly.

Cersei is unkillable as long as she has zombie mountain

Sansa needs to fall the fuck back and respect the ONE TRUE KING.

Army of the dead marching and she wants to settle past beefs, and worry about a bunch of Lannisters who would never make it past the neck. Let Arya handle the family beef, you just keep Littlepeen in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back