Game of Thrones S06E10 Discussion Thread: Cersei Didn't Start the Fire **NO Spoilers

Not at all.

I actually predicted it after 20 minutes of episode 1.

For it to take you until episode 2 shows how unperceptive you are.

Lmfao With every reply you're only stroking my ego. Your arguement is entirely predicted on me being so much more perceptive than you are that you can't believe I'm not making it up.

Lmfao With every reply you're only stroking my ego. Your arguement is entirely predicted on me being so much more perceptive than you are that you can't believe I'm not making it up.

Episode 1 was before episode 2, believe it or not.

Proof that I am indeed more perceptive than you.

.....and that's science!

I mean, no one doubts this at this point, correct?

Last night my dad told me he finished S6 of GoT and I was like, "So you realize who Jon's dad is at this point, right?"

And he says, "Yeah, it's Ned Stark. I've known that since Season 1."

And of course I was like, "NOPE!"

So I showed him some stuff about R + L = J and pointed out the specific scene in S6 which confirms it and he was like, "Ehh, maybe, maybe not."

Apparently until someone directly comes out and says, "JON, YOU'RE A TARGARYEN!" he's just not going to get on board.

I assume that everyone watching GoT now believes that R + L = J is officially confirmed. Or am I wrong?

BTW, for anyone who watches the show but is somehow NOT familiar with the fan theory, here you go:

Friggin Casual

Episode 1 was before episode 2, believe it or not.

Proof that I am indeed more perceptive than you.

.....and that's science!

I'm sorry dude, but you have to be pretty slow if you didn't expect there to be a twist with Jon's parentage. You really thought Ned was going to end up being his true father? You're naive enough to believe it was going to be that straight forward? From the very moment I heard he was a bastard I knew there would be more to it than that.

Ned's facial expressions and his evasiveness during the scene make it clear that he's hiding something. I seriously don't know how someone could watch that scene and not pick up on it.

That and the fact that Ned's sister just mysterious died - which should have been obvious to everyone was due to child birth - made it a pretty easy induction.

I'm sorry dude, but you have to be pretty slow if you didn't expect there to be a twist with Jon's parentage. You really thought Ned was going to end up being his true father? You're naive enough to believe it was going to be that straight forward?

Ned's facial expressions and his evasiveness during the scene make it clear that he's hiding something. I seriously don't know how someone could watch that scene and not pick up on it.

That and the fact that Ned's sister just mysterious died - which should have been obvious to everyone was due to child birth - made it a pretty easy induction.

So not only did you figure out Ned was not the father, but Lyanna was the mother......all before the end of episode 2?

<45><45>

As I said, I figured it out in episode 1, but I am far more perceptive than you.

So not only did you figure out Ned was not the father, but Lyanna was the mother......all before the end of episode 2?

<45><45>

As I said, I figured it out in episode 1, but I am far more perceptive than you.

It was obvious, so yeah. You really thought Ned was the father? That it would be so simple?

This makes me wonder how many people that watch the show are still gonna be shocked to find out. I mean, I suppose it was pretty subtle, unless you've read the books and/or check out forums/websites about the show. Personally, I went into season 1 having read all the books already, multiple times for some of them. So I think it was easier for me to keep track of everything that was going on, but I can imagine how difficult it would be if you just watched the show. Hell, I still find shit I missed whenever I reread the books or rewatch the show.

People were shocked when Rob and Kat got killed and it was easy to see that coming a mile away.

It was obvious, so yeah. You really thought Ned was the father? That it would be so simple?

No, I figured it all out after 10 minutes, like I told you thrice already.

I would tell you how it all ends, but I am certain a perceptive gentleman like yourself already knows.

No, I figured it all out after 10 minutes, like I told you thrice already.

I would tell you how it all ends, but I am certain a perceptive gentleman like yourself already knows.

Just so you know and aren't caughted flabbergasted mouth agape in the future: When a character has a mysterious or ambiguous origin it usually indicates a future plot twist. This isn't something new that Gerorge R. R. Martin has invented. It is quite common as a literary device.

Just so you know and aren't caughted flabbergasted mouth agape in the future: When a character has a mysterious or ambiguous origin it usually indicates a future plot twist. This isn't something new that Gerorge R. R. Martin has invented. It is quite common as a literary device.

I agree.....like you said it was clear Lyanna was Jon's mother by episode 2.

Anyone who didn't figure that out is a mong.

Hope I won't be "caughted" out in future, though.

You're so much more perceptive than me that I cannot believe it is possible. I will make endless replies further proving how obtuse I am in a futile attempt to preserve my own ego. I believe everything that I am presented in a story and question nothing. I just turn off my brain and engage autopilot. I totally thought that this main character with a mysterious origin in a fantasy series was just going to be as straightforward as it was presented. Now I'm going to go watch Yo Gabba Gabba

Fixed that for you.

People were shocked when Rob and Kat got killed and it was easy to see that coming a mile away.
Sorta. It was clear that Frey and Bolton were kind of shady. But even he shadier characters usually respected the "no violence towards guests" rule. Even the Lannisters said wtf in response to the red wedding.

Triggered.

You have sure caughted me out.

;);););););););)

By the fact that all you can manage to do is point out a grammatical mistake due to my phone's autocorrect shows who has triggered whom. This is such an impotent reply that I actually feel kind of bad now. I accept your capitulation and to spare your ego any further damage I will refrain from making further replies.

I hope you feel better soon.

If you are a show only viewer, as claimed, tell me why was it obvious Lyanna "mystery" died in child birth (Until we actually saw it in S6)?

By the fact that all you can manage to do is point out a grammatical mistake due to my phone's autocorrect shows who has triggered whom. This is such an impotent reply that I actually feel kind of bad now. I accept your capitulation and to spare your ego any further damage I will refrain from making further replies.

I hope you feel better soon.

Your phone auto-corrects to words which don't exist? How odd. Must be defective.

Back