Game of Thrones S06E10 Discussion Thread: Cersei Didn't Start the Fire **NO Spoilers

Great reminder of this fucking thread title spoiling everything having 'NO SPOILERS' next to it...

giphy.gif

Peter Vaughan, GAME OF THRONES Star, Dies at 93

aemon-targaryen-1920.jpg

Peter Vaughan, known to legions of Game of Thrones fans as Maester Aemon in the HBO series, has died at the age of 93.

His agent Sally Long-Innes confirmed the news on Tuesday.

"This is to confirm that very sadly Peter Vaughan passed away at approximately 10.30 this morning," she said. "He died peacefully with his family around him."

Vaughan was a veteran of British TV, starring in shows including Citizen Smith, Chancer, Our Friends in the North and Silk. He is perhaps best remembered for his role as the feared Grouty in the prison-based comedy series Porridge. He also played Aemon Targaryen, Maester of the Night's Watch, in the first, third, fourth and fifth seasons of Game of Thrones.

On the big screen, after making his debut in the 1959 remake of Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps, Vaughan starred alongside the likes of Frank Sinatra (1967 spy film The Naked Runner), the fresh faces of Meryl Streep and Jeremy Irons (1981's The French Lieutenant's Woman) and Anthony Hopkins (1993's The Remains of the Day, playing Hopkins' father). He also worked with Terry Gilliam, appearing in Time Bandits and Brazil, and was cast in one of the director's ill-fated attempts to make The Man Who Killed Don Quixote.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peter-vaughan-dead-game-thrones-star-dies-at-93-953255

RIP

One of my favorite scenes in the show.

Kind of crazy that the actor who played Iilyn Payne is still alive even though he was told he'd be dead by now. I would have preferred the Jamie/Payne relationship from the books over the current Bronn/Jamie bromance.

RIP. Vaughan was great on the show and Maester Aemon was an awesome character.

Peter Vaughan, GAME OF THRONES Star, Dies at 93

aemon-targaryen-1920.jpg

Peter Vaughan, known to legions of Game of Thrones fans as Maester Aemon in the HBO series, has died at the age of 93.

His agent Sally Long-Innes confirmed the news on Tuesday.

"This is to confirm that very sadly Peter Vaughan passed away at approximately 10.30 this morning," she said. "He died peacefully with his family around him."

Vaughan was a veteran of British TV, starring in shows including Citizen Smith, Chancer, Our Friends in the North and Silk. He is perhaps best remembered for his role as the feared Grouty in the prison-based comedy series Porridge. He also played Aemon Targaryen, Maester of the Night's Watch, in the first, third, fourth and fifth seasons of Game of Thrones.

On the big screen, after making his debut in the 1959 remake of Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps, Vaughan starred alongside the likes of Frank Sinatra (1967 spy film The Naked Runner), the fresh faces of Meryl Streep and Jeremy Irons (1981's The French Lieutenant's Woman) and Anthony Hopkins (1993's The Remains of the Day, playing Hopkins' father). He also worked with Terry Gilliam, appearing in Time Bandits and Brazil, and was cast in one of the director's ill-fated attempts to make The Man Who Killed Don Quixote.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peter-vaughan-dead-game-thrones-star-dies-at-93-953255

I had sex with his granddaughter Veronica

tumblr_mbci519v6J1rd46lqo1_500.jpg

Don't really know where to put this, so i'll resurrect this thread.

I have been rewatching S03.

When Qyburn is treating Jaime's maimed arm, why does Jaime refuse milk of the poppy?

Just simply he wants to keep a clear head? I guess it adds to his redemption arc, too. Shows that he is a bad ass and brave when he wants to be.

I think it's because he doesn't trust Qyburn. All drugged out and this fucker could just sever your arm out.

It's an hour long. Lol. Cliffs? Say anything interesting?
"There are a lot of dark chapters right now in the book that I'm writing," Martin said. "It is called The Winds of Winter, and I've been telling you for 20 years that winter was coming. Winter is the time when things die, and cold and ice and darkness fill the world, so this is not going to be the happy feel-good that people may be hoping for. Some of the characters [are] in very dark places."

He added, "In any story, the classic structure is, 'Things get worse before they get better,' so things are getting worse for a lot of people."

"There are a lot of dark chapters right now in the book that I'm writing," Martin said. "It is called The Winds of Winter, and I've been telling you for 20 years that winter was coming. Winter is the time when things die, and cold and ice and darkness fill the world, so this is not going to be the happy feel-good that people may be hoping for. Some of the characters [are] in very dark places."

He added, "In any story, the classic structure is, 'Things get worse before they get better,' so things are getting worse for a lot of people."
I got depressed just reading that lol.

HAS A RELEASE DATE BEEN GIVEN. AS LAUGHABLE AS THAT IS I KNOW. I'd still like one tho.

Update: December 8, 2016

Conor McGregor Confirmed to Appear in GAME OF THRONES

Dana White confirms McGregor appearing in Game of Thrones. "I'm glad he did it. It'll be great... I'm excited for him," White said. Go to 4:28 mark.

Just rewatched S2E9, Blackwater.

I wish they showed a bit of Bronn and Hound's "drink before the war." I'd like to hear the discussion.

Just rewatched S2E9, Blackwater.

I wish they showed a bit of Bronn and Hound's "drink before the war." I'd like to hear the discussion.

the hound "i saved sansa stark from getting gang raped and me and her got it on"
bronn "no you didn't"
the hound, wistfully, "no, but you can imagine what it would have been like if we had, amirite?"

the hound "i saved sansa stark from getting gang raped and me and her got it on"
bronn "no you didn't"
the hound, wistfully, "no, but you can imagine what it would have been like if we had, amirite?"

Ok, I lol'd.

Back