Game of Thrones S06E10 Discussion Thread: Cersei Didn't Start the Fire **NO Spoilers

Yeah, I was thinking Theon, Davos, Jorah and High Sparrow were the best of the male actors this season.......Varys is always good too, but had a quiet season.
True. Since Charles Dance never got nominated for his portrayal of Tywin I don't expect the best actors to get the nominations.

I just read Sapochnik is not directing any episodes in season 7. D&D already fucking up season 7.

I just read Sapochnik is not directing any episodes in season 7. D&D already fucking up season 7.
I think earlier in this thread we decided they were saving him for season 8. He can do the whole season.

Came around watching this season after quite some time and well... all the intrigue is gone along with decent writing I guess (last episode excluded). It's still the best tv-series out there, but just not on the level it was initially.

The kung-fu bullshit with Arya, with her getting away from the cult yet somehow keeping their powers (idk, perhaps I missed something, but how the shit is she able to change her face if she didn't complete the training).

Everything seems to try so hard to be EPIC, even the Hodor scene wasn't as powerful as it could be due to star-wars magic grenades and wall-walking zombies nonsense that lead to it. Dramatic teleporter is off the chain as well, Half-zomb uncle saving Brand, LF coming to the Bastard's Bowl just-in-time, Daenerys preventing the second bombing of Baghdad. Shit like that is level below the usual quality of the show, it's a shame really.

Most of the moves became predictable. Seems like "We're not clever like you Southerners. When we say we'll do something, we do it." became a motto for almost every single character.

Besides you can (could) fix almost every problem currently present just by shooting someone in the face and yet nobody does it (aside from the last ep, where it's shown how easy it would really be, with children of the corn and Cersei going all gangster and shit). Take Ramsey situation for example, imagine him getting shanked during their initial ball-flailing (pre-battle) meetup, by Snow or Sansa preferably. It would actually show some character development in their case (we already knew that Cersei is fucked up), but instead we got slightly less retarded Sansa and roughly the same Snow that we had for 6 seasons. Who by the way, is a true Stark for sure... the war ineptness gene's strong in this one.

Also, were there some budget cuts or something? CGI has been pretty shit this season.

Loved me some hound and Al Swearengen tho and of course:
Game-of-Thrones-Memes.jpg

So it wasn't all bad and last episode got me hyped for things to come, I just wish the real players would get more screen time next season (and better plot lines).. like Varys, Olenna, Little Finger and such.

_____

Davos is the man.
LOowBFK.jpg

Don't really know where to put this, so i'll resurrect this thread.

I have been rewatching S03.

When Qyburn is treating Jaime's maimed arm, why does Jaime refuse milk of the poppy?

Just simply he wants to keep a clear head? I guess it adds to his redemption arc, too. Shows that he is a bad ass and brave when he wants to be.

When Qyburn is treating Jaime's maimed arm, why does Jaime refuse milk of the poppy?

Just simply he wants to keep a clear head? I guess it adds to his redemption arc, too. Shows that he is a bad ass and brave when he wants to be.

He's lactose intolerant

I've been slowly and surely re-watching the series. Finished Season 4 the other day and loved it- just as good as I remembered.

By the way, I know we've said it before, but Grenn went out like a fucking boss. Easily, easily one of the most dignified deaths on the series.

Doesn't want to fall asleep and wake up without an arm.

I've been slowly and surely re-watching the series. Finished Season 4 the other day and loved it- just as good as I remembered.

By the way, I know we've said it before, but Grenn went out like a fucking boss. Easily, easily one of the most dignified deaths on the series.

Surely it's the most dignified death. He went out as a warrior poet, saving perhaps the entire North. If that giant had breached the gate he'd have turned the tide of the battle at castle black. The wildlings would have gone on to be sandwiched between the Boltons and Stannis, or, would have occupied the wall, killed Stannis from behind it, then lost to Ramsay, raiding and pillaging on their way to him.

An unmanned wall would be waiting for the walkers....Bran might have died if the night king hadn't been distracted by hardhome.... I could go on and on...

Back