Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
1 hour until showtime.

Synchronize your watches, get your snacks ready, set your kids on fire.

melsbodyisreadyFLASH.gif

Episode running time is 63 minutes, by the way.

Second!

I hope Jon's steward doesn't do anything stupid (he probably will). Just got a bad feeling when Sam told him about doing the right thing and all.

Damn, can't believe it's all over, time really went by fast. Gonna have to wait another year for the next season :icon_cry2.

Se4vgfk.png

Stannis is getting played by Melisandre, and so are all of you that support him. Thoros worships the lord of light, can resurrect the dead, something Melisandre can't even do, and he has never had to resort to human sacrifice. You guys mistake a nice pair of tits, blood magic, and a lot of chance for the Lord's work. The only proven supernatural thing Melisandre has done is the shadow baby.

lol that a good meme right there.

Yup I think she's playing him too. She's given the impression of shadiness from day one.

As for those saying that Stannis is supposed to be this awesome military leader and yet he's making poor logistic/strategic decisions and getting tooled by Ramsay and 20 good men...I think that's kind of the point- I feel like Mel has rendered him overconfident in his status as the chosen one to the extent that he feels he can get away with shit that he wouldn't have contemplated 20 years ago because he's got this Lord of Light trump card in his pocket.

Maester Cressen kind of made the point to Davos right in the first Stannis/Melisandre sequence- she was leading him into a war he couldn't win- by an objective viewpoint, Stannis was at a huge disadvantage even as a proven military commander and yet he went forward because he could rely on Melisandre to stack the deck in his favor. As such, I feel like a lot of the great tactician and battle skills he brought to the table may be falling by the wayside because he's overly dependent on blood magic to get what he needs to win.

And the fucker killed Shireen in a completely vicious way. Yeah I'm still pissed. Know that neither he or Mel are dying this episode but I sure would like to see it.

Second!

I hope Jon's steward doesn't do anything stupid (he probably will). Just got a bad feeling when Sam told him about doing the right thing and all.

One doesn't just mean mug enough to make Nick Diaz blush and then not do anything...the only question is what stupid thing does he do???

That's like saying, 'the only proven secret weapon thing the Allies have done, is that mushroom cloud thingy.'

I'd say it's pretty fucking compelling.

Doesn't mean she's a true worshiper of the Lord of Light or she has Stannis' best intentions in mind.

Title should have been, "break the Internet" edition.

I hope it's good enough to make Sherdog crash.

i think Thoros is a allegedly good meaning priest of the lord of light and Melisandre is just a rouge witch that follows her own agenda, like little finger with hot tits

One doesn't just mean mug enough to make Nick Diaz blush and then not do anything...the only question is what stupid thing does he do???

My guess.

He finds a way to kill Tormund. I hope not.

I think one of the boltons die brutally tonight. A trial by combat in the sparrow storyline would be choice. Seeing a character we haven't seen since season 3 or before would be enjoyable as well.

Title should have been, "break the Internet" edition.

I hope it's good enough to make Sherdog crash.

We're just a subset over here, that's a problem for IMDB mods.

Our problems are like, if Kimbo gets KO'd or somethin'.

I think one of the boltons die brutally tonight. A trial by combat in the sparrow storyline would be choice. Seeing a character we haven't seen since season 3 or before would be enjoyable as well.

Shritless Ramsay (with 20 good cornermen) is clearly the p4p best of the season so him getting killed by anyone is an upset...but I think it does happen. Werdum beating the brakes off Cain and then subbing him already sort of prefigured another upset tonight.

I want to see Olly vs. Wun Wun

i think Thoros is a allegedly good meaning priest of the lord of light and Melisandre is just a rouge witch that follows her own agenda, like little finger with hot tits

The episode where the RW met the BWB made it seem like the opposite. Thoros half-assed everything while the RW took it all rather seriously.

every decent person that practices religion half asses it

Replaying the previous episode, Hizdar sits down late for the games saying he was "checking that everything was in order" then gets offed by the rebels. Don't get that really, like why bother?

Replaying the previous episode, Hizdar sits down late for the games saying he was "checking that everything was in order" then gets offed by the rebels. Don't get that really, like why bother?

I think they basically just wanted to Red Herring the shit out of him and so they did by giving us every reason to think he was in league with the Harpies or leading them only to have him get offed and exonerated.

I hope we get a bit more insight into those fuckers this episode. Is there any motivation other than to rid Mereen of Dany? Why are there so many of them? etc

I think they basically just wanted to Red Herring the shit out of him and so they did by giving us every reason to think he was in league with the Harpies or leading them only to have him get offed and exonerated.

I hope we get a bit more insight into those fuckers this episode. Is there any motivation to rid Mereen of Dany? Why are there so many of them? etc

Yeah, I'm not all that big on how it was done, like I completely missed it the first time, seeing as it was right after the burning, it only registered later after his death was already established.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back