GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

There were two people I wanted to be when I was a kid. Gambit and Tommy from Power Rangers. One had Rogue and the other had Kimberly...... Oh and they had super powers.

We just need a Gambit like the 90's cartoon, he was cool as hell and the #1 reason why he was one of my favorite cartoon characters as a kid.

Agreed, imo Gambit has to be able to pull off saying 'Mon Cheri' haha.

Olivier Martinez would be a great Gambit, He's got the right looks and attitude, accent and they already have his girl Halle on board anyway so that cant hurt.

Poor Taylor Kitsch, no one likes him anymore
Well, I don't mind him as an actor in general...I thought he was good in Lone Survivor.

Speaking of which, I'll dump these here..

ibb7F5MjvZoXUv.gif

i1CHQdd3UOkef.gif

iiqOW8klbVPP8.gif

Well, I don't mind him as an actor in general...I thought he was good in Lone Survivor.

Speaking of which, I'll dump these here..

i1CHQdd3UOkef.gif

I never watched this one (thank goodness) but that seems an awful lot like something I would think might work when I was 6 and something I would feel stupid for thinking it would work by the time I was 12.

I never watched this one (thank goodness) but that seems an awful lot like something I would think might work when I was 6 and something I would feel stupid for thinking it would work by the time I was 12.
You mean the "staff helicopter"? :)

It's one of those things that I think I've seen him do in the comics but when you re-create to do it on-screen, it just doesn't sell very well---at least not within the tone and context of this film(X-Men Origins), which for the most part, attempted to play it straight. :eek:

iQwkKVPtWReE2.gif

Oh yeah, I thought he was OK in John Carter as well. I almost forgot about that movie.

Absolutely. Might as well given him an umbrella.
I know what they were thinking in the writing room.

"If Gambit can manipulate kinetic energy, it shouldn't be a stretch for him to spin his little staff around to allow him to spin it and let him "glide" down to the street and convert that kinetic energy into a big shockwave!"

I know what they were thinking in the writing room.

"If Gambit can manipulate kinetic energy, it shouldn't be a stretch for him to spin his little staff around to allow him to spin it and let him "glide" down to the street and convert that kinetic energy into a big shockwave!"

Then, someone should have pointed out that the shockwave is probably enough and the spinning is useless. The spinning, it does nothing.

Then, someone should have pointed out that the shockwave is probably enough and the spinning is useless. The spinning, it does nothing.
But it looked cool...and that's good for somethin', right? :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I'm no Neil DeGrasse Tyson, but I'd assume that spinning of the staff could, in mutant terms, create a kinetic boost from the centrifugal force?

Update: March 20, 2014

Bryan Singer Wants Nightcrawler and Gambit in APOCALYPSE

Nightcrawler-Gambit-Dragonlord.jpg

X-Men: Days of Future Past doesn't hit theaters for another 2 months, but that hasn't stopped director Bryan Singer from teasing the 2016 follow-up to the "inbetweenquel," X-Men: Apocalypse. As he previously declared that the massively-destructive sequel will take place in the 1980s and will include younger versions of familiar mutants, many fans garnered hope that we'd finally see Cyclops and Jean Grey in full glory again. While that possibility still remains, Singer recently revealed to Cine Premiere there're two other familiar mutants he is mulling over.

"I'm considering a Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for Apocalypse," he said. "[I was] going to have Nightcrawler appear [in Days of Future Past] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants known history." As for the rest of the team, the Mexican magazine source suggests that Bryan Singer "ensured that the film will only show the last mutants (Google Translated)."

Bryan Singer Considering Nightcrawler and Gambit for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

leave out Gambit, he's soooooooooooo lame, almost claw man level lame

Update: April 15, 2014

Channing Tatum Has Met with X-MEN Producer for GAMBIT Role

Channing-Tatum-041514b-Dragonlord.jpg

Channing Tatum revealed that he has indeed met about playing Gambit in a potential X-Men spinoff film, expressing his love for the character and willingness to tackle the role. He also provided an update on Magic Mike 2, saying the sequel won

Not really interested in a Gambit spinoff. Just make him a lead character in Apocalypse and leave Wolverine out.

tatum would be good as gambit
not sure if he can do the accent
but looks wise much better than the other guy
taylor kitsch?

A Gambit movie could actually work pretty well, his early solo stories weren't half bad. It would be better to have no other X-Men in it (allies wise) though. But you know Fox... they can't help themselves. They had an unbelievable solo Nazi Hunter Magneto story and ruined it by shoehorning in a bunch of kids for the child demographic.

Embarrassing.

How exactly is that X-Perience supposed to make people go see this movie?

Who cares is James McAvoy is in Singapore...? Such a ridiculous premise.

That's why they need Channing Tatum as Gambit so that they'll have somebody out there that knows how to dance. :icon_chee

Lauren Shuler Donner confirms Channing Tatum Gambit casting

13th May 2014 | 09:25

"It's Channing."

Total Film took part in the X-Men X-Perience Global Tour last night, by standing on a rainy blue carpet and chatting to some of the stars and creators of the awesome X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

And while we were there, we got a little bit of a scoop. We asked Lauren Shuler Donner how the Channing Tatum talks are going, and she told us that the talks are over. In the best possible way.

Hit the video below to see Shuler Donner confirm Tatum for Gambit for the first time, and to hear her tell us why he'd be such a good fit for the role.

Oh, and we also got some cool X-Force info. Check it all out below:

X-Men: Days Of Future Past opens in the UK on 22 May 2014.

And, you can go right back to where it all started when Channing Tatum told us he wanted to play Gambit back in September 2013:
http://m.totalfilm.com/news/lauren-s...gambit-casting

Yuck.

Can't wait for the reboot.

Back