GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

This is was the best possible actor for Gambit.

billy.jpg

Alas, that was 20 years ago. Chatum could work.

Adrian Brody would may a good remy but I think he's to old.
This won't sound very PC but he's too Jewish-looking for Gambit.

This is was the best possible actor for Gambit.

Alas, that was 20 years ago.

Billy Baldwin's okay for the part but he's a bit stiff even back then and he still can't match the charisma level of early 80's Dennis Quaid as Gambit.

I remember watching Hard Target and thinking that Prime, Healthy, Motivated Van Damme with That Look in his eyes would have made a fine Gambit.

This won't sound very PC but he's too Jewish-looking for Gambit.

The term is "jewy".

Billy Baldwin's okay for the part but he's a bit stiff even back then and he still can't match the charisma level of early 80's Dennis Quaid as Gambit.

Baldwin looks exactly like Gambit, tho. And Gambit isn't so much charismatic as really, really good looking (I love a theme) and slick with the woman. Baldwin plays.

The term is "jewy".

Baldwin looks exactly like Gambit, tho. And Gambit isn't so much charismatic as really, really ridiculously good looking (I love a theme) and slick with the woman. Baldwin plays.

Fixed that for you, old friend.:)

Gambit movie would work if the tone is right. Can't be campy at all IMO.

I probably said this before when this was brought up but I'm not sure if I could buy-into Tatum as Gambit necessarily. It feels like a Ben Affleck/Batman situation. I'm sure he'd be fine in the role, but to my eyes, I'll feel like it'll be too distracting because it's Channing Tatum.

You of all people complaining about the actor choice? Willing to give Gal Gadot the benefit of the doubt but not channing tatum?

Interesting...

gambit seems to have a pretty solid fanbase, i'm pretty surprised they didnt try to do a movie with him yet.

Poor Taylor Kitsch, no one likes him anymore

Wolverine ages at a very slow pace. In the film universe, he was born in 1832. DOFP is set around 2023. At nearly 200 years even Wolverine is bound to look old.

+1

What a dud he is

Not his fault imo. He just made really, really, really bad choices.
Hopefully his career isn't ruined (Savages was good imo).

No, I am not Cint's gimmick account.

+1

Not his fault imo. He just made really, really, really bad choices.
Hopefully his career isn't ruined (Savages was good imo).

No, I am not Cint's gimmick account.

I liked Savages too. But Gambit, John Carter and Battleship haven't left me with too much hope for his career. I do know he has a role in Lone Survivor however, so I'll wait to pass judgement until I see that.

We just need a Gambit like the 90's cartoon, he was cool as hell and the #1 reason why he was one of my favorite cartoon characters as a kid.

Back