GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

If I remember correctly, in the comics Bella is a member of the Assassin's Guild. I was never a huge Gambit fan, but I do recall one story where Gambit returns to New Orleans and talks about a war between the Thieves and Assassins that was so bad most norrmal people, including the cops, just tried to stay inside after dark until it was over.

Am I the only X-Men fan in the world who really doesn't like Gambit?

Such a ponce.

That sounds really over-stuffed.

Hard to give too much fucks about this.

Not for me. Gambit, Multiple Man, Mr. Sinister, an X-Men regular, Mardi Gras, and a bunch of other mutants? If they can actually get this thing off the ground and have competent people working on it, then I'm in.

I really hope Hollywood lets go of this comic book fetish sooner than later.

Couldn't agree more. I will be happy when they go the way of the western. Especially Marvel. I'll always be a fan of certain types of comic book movies but Marvel has WAY WAY WAY overstayed their welcome.

Such a ponce.

giphy.gif

I don't really have any thoughts one way or the other about Channing Tatum, but I do appreciate the hell out of the fact that this is a role he has been actively pursuing.

Such a ponce.
Truthfully for me, it's 50% the accent from the cartoon and 50% a deck of cards and a staff are easy to get ahold of as a kid. Plus he was with Rogue.

Such a ponce.
Before Twilight, there was #TeamGambit and #TeamWolvie

It seems like the plot outline misses the point of a charismatic loner type character with a Mysterious Past. But then I'm not a Gambit expert.

Before Twilight, there was #TeamGambit and #TeamWolvie

It seems like the plot outline misses the point of a charismatic loner type character with a Mysterious Past. But then I'm not a Gambit expert.

I thought it was always #Team Cylops and #TeamWolvie.

I thought back then I am one of the few Gambit fans.

I thought it was always #Team Cylops and #TeamWolvie.

I thought back then I am one of the few Gambit fans.
lol, who ever liked Cyclops? They turned him into a badass later on, but in the Clairmont (IMO glory) days he was a pantywaist.

You're probably right though.

lol, who ever liked Cyclops? They turned him into a badass later on, but in the Clairmont (IMO glory) days he was a pantywaist.

In our country X - Men only got popular during 1992 onwards because of the animated series.

Back then as kids we make groups and role play as X - Men characters a lot of kids wants to be Cyclops because he is the leader.

You really see the inevitable Spiderman 8: Toby's Revenge as good for the movie going public? 90 percent of these effects driven comic book movies are awful.
But for every Spider-Man reboot we have the possibility of a Deadpool or a GOTG.

I'm skeptical.... but I'll give it a try on DVD. I think Channing brings a lot toward the success of this... now it's up to smart writing & a believable surrounding cast & characters.

I was that one kid. People used to talk so much shit about my Cyclops action figure.

Update: October 3, 2017

Daniel Craig Reportedly Being Considered as Mister Sinister in GAMBIT Movie

pZJpc1I.jpg

A new rumor suggests that James Bond star Daniel Craig may be sitting in the villain's chair of Fox's next X-Men movies spinoff.

According to Splash Report, Craig is being considered to play the main villain in Channing Tatum's Gambit movie. That main villain is rumored to be the classic X-Men enemy Mr. Sinister.

Sinister, the brilliant but amoral geneticist Nathaniel Essex, was first mentioned in relation to the Gambit movie when rumored details about the plot surface in September.

For those who don't know who Mr. Sinister is, he is arguably the X-Men's greatest foe next to Magneto and maybe Apocalypse. While not a mutant, Sinister has been genetically altered and has shown a host of different superpowers over the years, including regeneration and psychic abilities.

It is also worth noting that the Essex name was shown on a suitcase collecting a genetic sample of Wolverine in the post-credits scene of X-Men: Apocalypse. In other words, the introduction of Mr. Sinister, especially with such a big star playing the character, could mean big things for the X-Men movies franchise going forward.

Daniel Craig Reportedly In Talks To Play Mr. Sinister In 'Gambit' Movie

Back