GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

is this belong to marvel studios or 20th century fox

Gambit always had the coolest action figures they all came with pleather jackets. I had the 12" figure from kb toys as a kid.

ToyBiz+10in+Gambit+019sdtb.JPG

Update: August 6, 2016

Producer Simon Kinberg Explains the Delay in GAMBIT Production

Simon-Kinberg-Gambit-080616b-Dragonlord.jpg

In an interview with /Film, producer Simon Kinberg said that the character of Gambit has a very specific tone that he wanted to make sure the film nailed, even if the process took a little longer. Here’s exactly what Kinberg had to say via /Film:

“I think the truth is when you have these movies that need a very special and unique tone, it takes a little while to find that tone…’Deadpool’ feels like it exploded out of nowhere, but it was a 10-year development process on that movie. I think it was honed over those 10 years.”

“I hope that ‘Gambit’ doesn’t take 10 years, but it takes a little honing to get that tone and that voice exactly right. The character has such a specific voice in the comic in the same way that ‘Deadpool’ has a specific voice in the comic, that we want to make sure that we capture that voice on the page. Really it’s just about getting a screenplay that is worthy of that character, and I think we’re really close right now.”

‘Gambit': Simon Kinberg Explains Delays on the Channing Tatum-Led Marvel Movie

Update: August 24, 2016

Doug Liman Exits GAMBIT to Direct JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

ATla5Ry.png

Doug Liman is no longer directing Gambit. The Mr. and Mrs. Smith director has moved off Twentieth Century Fox’s X-Men spin-off, which still has Channing Tatum attached to star.

Liman is now attached to direct Justice League Dark, breathing new life into Warner Bros.' supernatural adventure project that will bring together heroes such as John Constantine, Deadman, Shade the Changing Man, Zatanna and Swamp Thing.

Insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter Fox is still intent on starting production in January and has Josh Zetumer on writing duties. A source describes the split as a “mutual parting of ways.”

A search is already underway for a new director to helm the project that tells of a New Orleans-based mutant with the power to manipulate kinetic energy and whose weapons include a staff and a deck of playing cards.

Liman signed onto the project in October 2015 after the departure of Rupert Wyatt. Gambit has seen its start date pushed several times — it was to have begun shooting in the fall of 2015, then early 2016. Script rewrites have been a recurring issue and earlier this year they pushed the start again to early 2017.

That delay left Liman to tackle another project, the small-scale psychological thriller The Wall set up at Amazon Studios, which he recently wrapped.

Doug Liman Exits 'X-Men' Spinoff Movie 'Gambit' to Direct Warner Bros.' 'Justice League Dark' (Exclusive)

Just scrap it. Its been over 20 years since Gambit was cool. Nobody's pulling off a duster and a cajun accent while throwing exploding cards in 2019.

Just scrap it. Its been over 20 years since Gambit was cool. Nobody's pulling off a duster and a cajun accent while throwing exploding cards in 2019.
I'm sure SOMEONE could...

Tatum though... no.

I still have such a bad taste from Origins. Will definitely have to see this to believe it can be any good. On the flip side, Deadpool was soooo good. Maybe this will be too.

If you want a good gambit movie let marvel produce it
IMO Liman has an insurmountable task ahead of him to make a half-decent DC live action movie.

Expectations for Gambit were low enough he probably could have phoned it in and made a decent flick.

Omfg a Gambit movie!!

I'm squealing like a schoolgirl over here. They better not fuck it up.

With this news the expectations drop even further. Hope this at least turns out better than the first Wolverine movie.

since they lost Liman they should get Christopher McQuarrie or someone like that, unless he's still busy making more Tom Cruise movies

they should follow the success of Deadpool and keep this fun, like a ragin cajun, mon ami carefree cool as hell gambit

tumblr_mxd838ca4N1r3maj7o1_500.gif

Looks like us Gambit fans got dealt a bad hand.

He was my favorite character from the cartoon. I even own his first appearance xmen issue. Hope things can be salvaged.

This is going the way of the Inhumans movie.

Update: September 23, 2017

Possible Plot Outline for GAMBIT Describes It as Ocean's Eleven Type Movie

37409335615_f5d0a82da3_b.jpg

Things have not been going well for Gambit. The movie has now gone through multiple rewrites, lost a number of directors, and has barely managed to hold on to leading man Channing Tatum. Its status is currently very much in the air but Splash Page has what they claim is a plot outline for the movie. It's obviously best to take this all with a pinch of salt for now but it makes for very interesting reading.

The site describes it as "the Ocean's Eleven" of the comic book genre and adds that it includes mutants like Rictor, Fifolet, Dani Moonstar, Multiple Man, Marrow, and a "blue X-Men regular" (presumably Mystique, Beast, or Nightcrawler). Gambit also reportedly makes reference to X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse, so it's obviously set somewhere, sometime in the X-Men Universe.

Remy Lebeau (Channing Tatum) is on trial in New-Orleans. He’s considered a huge security risk. We flashback to almost 25 years before. Master thief Luke Lebeau runs into eight-year-old Gambit while doing a heist. Impressed by his skills, he offers to take the mutant orphan under his wings. Raised alongside other strays he calls “cousins”, the teenage Gambit becomes the superstar of the Thief Guild. He encounters Bella Donna Boudreaux while on the run from the police. Sparks immediately fly since Bella is also a fellow mutant. Their love is directly prohibited by both families since the Boudreaux are sworn enemies of the Lebeau clan. Deciding to unite the two sides, Remy offers to have the two clans team up on a HUGE heist to profit both families. Of course, the whole plan goes awry, and in the chaos, Maryanne Boudreaux shoots and kill Luke Lebeau.

We jump to 10 years later; Gambit is hired to do a job in Paris to steal something from the Louvre Museum. It was apparently a test job to see if he still has it. His mysterious employer is revealed to be Nathaniel Essex a.k.a. Mr. Sinister. He offers Gambit 40 million to recover a mysterious trunk that was stolen by the Boudreaux clan. It will be auctioned off during the yearly Thieves Ball where all the criminal organizations in the world meet up. It uses New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebrations as a cover. Gambit decides to enlist a crew of mutants to pull off this seemingly impossible heist…

Rumored Plot Outline For 'Gambit' Includes Mr. Sinister And A Long List Of Fan-Favorite Mutants

Back