GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

Sucks for Tatum. Though i don't see him as Gambit, must suck for your passion project to get prolonged so many times. Hang in there, Tatum. You'll get your Deadpool.

source.gif

Some people say comedy is more so about timing and delivery than the content itself. You, sir, nailed it on all three fronts.

Third director? I don't care if the split was amicable, something has to be going on for the movie to be delayed this long and for them to piss through directors. I never knew much about Gambit outside of the cartoon, but i am excited for this film. Thought Kitsch did a decent job as Gambit in Origins, and though i'm not sure Tatum can pull it off, i really would like to see this movie get made.

Third director? I don't care if the split was amicable, something has to be going on for the movie to be delayed this long and for them to piss through directors. I never knew much about Gambit outside of the cartoon, but i am excited for this film. Thought Kitsch did a decent job as Gambit in Origins, and though i'm not sure Tatum can pull it off, i really would like to see this movie get made.
I think he's the stopgap. It's his project so I feel they're bending to his schedule and possibly his decisions as well. Verbinski is very hands on with the construction of his narrative, and I could see his "scheduling conflict" as something more like "I won't be able to do my best work handcuffed to a star who is also the producer."

10/10, and I liked that film. Kitsch is box office poison.

So I saw it on another forum, people found out that official twitter account of Gambit movie added "COMING SOON" to it's profile describtion yesterday.

So I saw it on another forum, people found out that official twitter account of Gambit movie added "COMING SOON" to it's profile describtion yesterday.

Coming soon to Hulu maybe.

It would be a crime if Lizzy didn't showcase her perfect natural boobs.

Coming soon to Hulu maybe.
Well, from what I understand last news was like that -- back in May there were reports that planned X-men movies or release dates for planned X-men movies were removed from schedule of Disney (aside from Dark Phoenix and New Mutants). Some time ago, maybe a week or two Kinberg, who should be one of the producers said that it's Disney who is now decides what to do with this movies. Too early to talk about Hulu I think movie doesn't have a director annd I think aside from Tatum news about other actors involved is like a few years old.

Love that the thread started date in 2013

This fucking movie, will they ever make it

I just googled it the other day and I read it was cancelled?

I just googled it the other day and I read it was cancelled?
Yeah, when I read these news about it being removed from schedule I thought it was equal to being cancelled. But then Kinberg revealed that Disney is still deciding what to do with it (and a couple of other films). And then this news about their twitter.

Not hating Tatum taking on this role (Huge Gambit fan). The smooth talking ladies man persona might be something Tatum could handle.

Back