Galaxy vs IPhone: Which do you prefer and why?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
The s8 looks sexy as hell but I'm waiting until apple releases their new lineup. The iPhone 7 didn't impress me at all. I'm hoping apple turns up for the 8 and 7s series.
iPhone 8 is the 10-year anniversary phone. They purposely made the 7 a shitty upgrade to save all the big guns for the 8; it should be a decent upgrade. Too bad my 6s plus died on me or I would have waited another year for the 8. Was planning to switch to the Note 7 but that idea blew up on me.

Holy shit this phone is huge, I'm coming from a 4S

just ordered an s8+,love galaxy phones.

How are sales for the iPhone SE? Are there many people who still prefer a compact phone?

We order these primarily for office workers and field foreman, and they love them. Great hardware in a smaller form factor. I Think we are getting 64gb ones for .99 now.

I remember when the first Galaxy Note came out and what a monster it was considered to be.
And it was just 5.3". People forget that, but the iPhones were still 3.5", and Androids flagships ran from 3.7"-4.3". People made reaction jpegs like this:

upload_2017-5-29_1-55-4.jpeg

upload_2017-5-29_1-52-47.jpeg

Love my Note 5. My mom has an iphone and its a pain in the ass

So does anybody else get blurry pics when taking them in low light??

S6

I am most excited for the advancement towards the cell phone eventually obsoleting the tablet and laptop and PC.

The S8 makes a big jump in that direction with its desktop optimization so you can use it docked in the place of a laptop/tablet.

We are so very close to not needing to carry around a laptop or Tablet anywhere.

The phone will never replace the desktop/laptop for power users. Small touchscreens are too inefficient for people who have to get shit done.

Dumped my Iphone 6S for Samsung S8. Not having to use Itunes anymore is heaven. way more diverse apps. Adding removing content is as easy as a thumbdrive.The resolution is much better, screen is both brighter and can be darkened better for night reading.

You don't need to have the bullshit screen lock to have app passwords saved.

Cons: The voicemail app isn't as polished as the iPhone. Security probably not 100% as good.

Iris and facial recognition is cool but it also shows your own face. I don't need to be reminded I'm ugly every time I want to unlock my phone.

How do you get away from iTunes? I haven't found a solution.

The phone will never replace the desktop/laptop for power users. Small touchscreens are too inefficient for people who have to get shit done.
I would never say never for technology.

I'm not suggesting that people will use small touch screens. I'm saying the improved docking ability and large screen optimization means you don't ever have to work off a small screen.

You have the computing power so you don't have to carry a bigger device and you have the docs so you don't have to work on a small screen.

i love that i can ad a memory card. galaxy is aesthetic and so much faster but i hate their texting. it's so cumbersome, especially the spell check compared to iOS

So does anybody else get blurry pics when taking them in low light??

S6

A tripod and optical image stabilization will help. The problem is the small sensors in smartphones. The S6 has a Pro Mode for manual control to set for exposure and control of ISO to help with low light photos. I'm not sure if one can select different shutter speeds.

Last edited:
I would never say never for technology.

I'm not suggesting that people will use small touch screens. I'm saying the improved docking ability and large screen optimization means you don't ever have to work off a small screen.

You have the computing power so you don't have to carry a bigger device and you have the docs so you don't have to work on a small screen.

You need a regular size computer screen, keyboard, and mouse, to work efficiently. Tacking all that onto a phone defeats the purpose of having one.

i love that i can ad a memory card. galaxy is aesthetic and so much faster but i hate their texting. it's so cumbersome, especially the spell check compared to iOS

This is the biggest thing I noticed right off the bat. Something isn't right with the keyboard sensitivity with the Galaxy compared to IPhone.

You need a regular size computer screen, keyboard, and mouse, to work efficiently. Tacking all that onto a phone defeats the purpose of having one.
Yea you are not understanding.

I recently went to a Surface Pro which I carry between offices and cities. I love the Surface Pro because it's small and light and yet has the processing power.

And since I have a docking station in each office with Two full size monitors and a full keyboard and mouse it's like I'm always working on a full size desktop.

The only time I use my Surface as is, is when I'm out mobile and don't have my doc.

So if phones get the same processing power and are optimized for full screen usage I would doc it the same way I do my Surface and not be working on the small screen. No need for the Surface or any full size stationary computer at any one location.

The entire issue you keep bringing up does not exist.

Last edited:
iPhone 8 is the 10-year anniversary phone. They purposely made the 7 a shitty upgrade to save all the big guns for the 8; it should be a decent upgrade. Too bad my 6s plus died on me or I would have waited another year for the 8. Was planning to switch to the Note 7 but that idea blew up on me.

It's a tough decision but I'm going to wait until all of the phones are released to wait out for possible bugs. Although I did buy the note 5 at release and it has been running strong for almost 2 years now. I just wish They would revert back to replaceable batteries and dual sim cards which is more use to me than waterproofing, dual cameras, infinity screens, and '3-d touch' lol.

It's a tough decision but I'm going to wait until all of the phones are released to wait out for possible bugs. Although I did buy the note 5 at release and it has been running strong for almost 2 years now. I just wish They would revert back to replaceable batteries and dual sim cards which is more use to me than waterproofing, dual cameras, infinity screens, and '3-d touch' lol.

I also bought a Note 5, and am overall really happy with it. The only drawback for me is lack of removable battery, so my next phone will likely be a LG V20. It's almost a year old and I'll miss the stylus, but removable battery is the feature I enjoy the most.

EXACTLY! Dual SIM is huge for me. Also wouldn't mind the RF remote being put back in.

Long post

8+ owner checking in. The size of the phone is daunting at first, but eventually you just get a feel for how to move it in one hand to access the upper portion.

Voted Galaxy. Never owned an iPhone, but the S7 and 8+ have been tremendous for me. My only complaint about the 8+ is that the "swype" feature for texting feels disjointed and significantly less intuitive than it was on my S7, but I may just be having the "new phone" pains that my brain has blocked from the last time I got a new one.

Back