Gabrielle Garcia vs Valentina Shevchenko

Discussion in 'The Wasteland' started by Dankoz, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dankoz

Dankoz Green Belt

Me and my friend had discussion about hypothetical fight between Gabi and Valentina. He told me that Gabi would absolutely dominate by horrible strength and size advantange. I didn't agree with that and told him that Valentina is light years ahead in skill and would be able to use her size advantage & clumsiness against her and secure decision without any kind of issues. Now i'll like to ask what you Sherdoggers think about it?

Kenny Powerth likes this.
  2. Thepaintbucket

Thepaintbucket Silver Belt

Gabby is a terrible striker and athlete but she's like 250 lbs. Probably could sit on little ole Valentina

3. Subdepth

Subdepth Captain of a Capsized Ship

So long as her TDD holds, its Valentina's fight to lose.

4. Cheapshart

Cheapshart A farce to be reckoned with.

Size matters and Gabi is big enough for it to be decisive.

julmma and youllneverwalkalone like this.
  5. Dankoz

Dankoz Green Belt

I'll believe that Valentina's advantage in footwork, pace, striking and understanding of range would be enough to avoid every takedown.

julmma and Juchi like this.
  6. Washad

Washad Blue Belt

U bums sayin Gabi wins are retarded, look at her fights lmao, she almost got ktfo by a complete soccer mom bum, her chin is probably p4p goat weak.

Dankoz likes this.
  7. Sapp

Sapp Red Belt

Gabi has a legit grappling pedigree. Her striking and movement are so bad that Val might just be able to pick her apart until she gasses though. Gabi hasn't taken her MMA career very seriously because of how stacked every fight has been in her favor. I'd favor Valentina, but who knows what Gabi would look like if she trained very seriously.

Juchi likes this.
  8. xMaxPower

xMaxPower Black Belt

I only see one path to victory for shev.

its much more easy for gab to win. shes just going to crash forward untill shed gets the clinch.

Being a smaller dude myself, if I ever got into a fight with someone much bigger then me, I would use my quickness to avoid him from getting close, and time him so that when he has all his weight on his lead leg, and also when hes not expecting it, I would explode and throw a spinning back kick to his knee. If that works then the fight gets much easier from there on. Just keep breaking their base down until they cant stand. This technique can be done at very long range which is why it is useful.
    The smaller person must use their strengths to their advantage (quickness, accuracy, and techinical skill).

Shev has a very fast spinning back kick, so I do believe she can use this strategy.

9. Willek

Willek Silver Belt

Grandma going for some Irish Whip attacks

<{anton}>

10. Legumes

Legumes Shoe String Belt

Garcia weighs in at 250ish, so that's a solid 100lb difference over Valentina even if she were still in the 135 division. Despite Gabi's lackluster striking, that's a huge size advantage and she will eventually grab Valentina and ragdoll her imo.

11. Juchi

Juchi Yellow Belt

Given that Gabi lost to Mackenzie Dern, I'm not sure how valid that statement is.

12. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Gabi may be 250, but Dern is borderline 200.

Anyway, I think Val would be the favorite in that fight. If Ronda was the Royce of WMMA and Cyborg is the Wanderlei, Gabi is the Giant Silva of WMMA.

Which Doctor likes this.
  13. Juchi

Juchi Yellow Belt

While the spinning back kick to the knee would be impressive if she connects, that's a pretty small target for a fast spinning back kick. An accumulation of kicks to the knees and lower legs might be more attainable and if Gabi bends over to catch it a knee to the face.

14. Juchi

Juchi Yellow Belt

I take it you're jesting about Dern, but in case not, I know Dern frequently comes in overweight, but even this strawweight rarely comes in more than 10 pounds so. She probably weighed more than 125 when she fought Gabi, but probably not much more.

15. Killashaw

Killashaw It's all mental warfare Yellow Card

I don't know. Val should be able to win it but if she gets taken down I don't know...

16. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments I'm on the prowl... for sexy attachments! Yellow Card

Gabi wins easily. Valentina couldn't rock a rabbit with her punches and is weak on the ground.

17. Juchi

Juchi Yellow Belt

IF she could catch her. Valentina would probably run around the first few rounds, throwing an occasional kick to the legs, hoping to tire Gabi out. Watching her in her fights to date, Gabi's usually pooped by the second half of the first round. She's only gotten to the second round once. If Val is able to avoid her for 2-3 rounds, I have Val winning it unless Gabi opts just to stand still.

18. cmw43

cmw43 Bad Boys Club

Valentina doesn't have a lot of power and Gabi has a legit 100lbs on her and is a BJJ black belt.

Wand looks tiny next to her.

[​IMG]

Or with Crocop

[​IMG]

19. lalaland

lalaland Brown Belt

You are dumb af if you think Valentina could defend TD's from a jacked 240 lbs steroid freak.

20. lalaland

lalaland Brown Belt

Her opponent in that fight is 5'11 and weighed in at 201 lbs. She's 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier than walking weight Cyborg.