Fyodor Vladimirovich 'The Last Emperor' Emelianenko vs Matthew Steven 'Meathead' Mitrione

Winner

• Total voters

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor-Emelianenko.jpg

matt_mitrione.jpg

Fyodor inside the distance - both KO or submission are possible.

This could be a trap... voting against Fedor = double yellow?

Hopefully Fedor but with the way he approaches his fights these days its probably going to be a shootout where anyone can go down.

The closer this gets the more I'm certain meathead cracks him first...then again I thought Hunt would KO Lewis early, this could be a slugfest that goes to the judges and shock us all.

Obviously Fyodor has the superior ground game and the deeper portfolio. Mitrione is fast and hits hard but that's nothing new for the Last Emperor.

With a heavy heart, I vote Mitrione by KO after Fedor decides to brawl with him.

Mitrione by being the first legit heavyweight Fedor has fought in 6 years.

Voted Fedor, but I have a bad feeling about this fight, to the point where it would actually surprise me if he wins.

Heart says Fedor, mind says Mitrione. So, no, this isn't a trap.

Voted Mitrione but hoping it's God will that I'm wrong

<Prem974>

Young Fedor in less than a round...this version of Fedor, old and just in it for the money...he gets lit up. I laugh at the sub suggestions, all Fedor does now is throw haymakers.

Mitrione is too long (81") and too strong a striker to lose to 2017 Fedor and his 74" reach. We might even see Fedor's Legs chopped down early, with Mitrione being the tactician.

I love both Fighters so this is a win win for me.

Every fight in the US Fedor has just tried to throw bombs with zero gameplan. He better fight smart this time or he could get brutally knocked out.
It's kind of weird considering he fought very smart against Monson for example but went to the ground with Werdum who is far more dangerous off his back than Monson.

Matt is legit and big and fast and I think will be too much for Fedor right now

Unless Fedor uses all his craft, guile and is elusive like he used to be (had one of the lowest hit-rates ever in MMA) he's going to find it hard

As will post-Pride Fedor, I expect him to brawl, and if that's the case, Fedor likely won't up on the good side of it

A smart, calculated Fedor will give himself every chance, even at 40+... but I see Mitrione taking it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back