FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Amazing, amazing, amazing. I love this show. Cant believe the season will be over next week. What a ride it has been.

A lot of things are happening that I kinda sorta predicted/expressed concerns about. David is now last 20 minutes of Matrix Keanue and can do anything he wishes with his powers. It looks like they will address this directly in the finale, which is great. However, I'm still worried this doesn't turn into "I'm omnipotent, but I can't send you all to a black hole because the plot demands you be alive for another 5 episodes" . Which is something Smallville was guiltily of doing constantly.

David's sister said email. When the hell is this based in?

It seems like Noah Hawley is being ambiguous with when the show is set. I'm having a hard time finding anytime they mention an actual time period. I just assumed the 70s maybe late 60s. All because of the pilot and it's damn music.

David's sister said email. When the hell is this based in?

It seems like Noah Hawley is being ambiguous with when the show is set. I'm having a hard time finding anytime they mention an actual time period. I just assumed the 70s maybe late 60s. All because of the pilot and it's damn music.
Completely forgot to mention that email part also. Yeah for a while I thought Legion's setting was in 1970s. So unless that email part was a mistake, then the show is apparently set in a quasi-modern setting with a retro look.

holy shit. I didn't read any of the spoilers & was hoping Oliver was The Shadow King, before we found out of course. Now it turns out David's monster was indeed The Shadow King.

so much to talk about but I'm going to digest it all for a bit.

but first & foremost - when the fuck is this all going down? I mean I thought this was happening during the 70s but Aselton's character said she wanted to e-mail her husband at least.. wtf??

This reminds me of my stance on superhero movies and the era setting. I were in charge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I want my world to be set in the 60s, 70s or 80s where technology isn't so advanced, isn't so all-seeing and connected, that a superhero can still plausibly have a secret identity or bad guys can still plausibly escape. Alternately, I also want the setting to be in the modern era (complete with contemporary fashion, hairstyle, etc) but the technology is outdated.

Anyway, it's possible Noah Hawley had the same vision I had in creating Legion.

I stopped watching the show; too abstract and circular? for my taste, but I am intrigued and delighted to hear they've introduced Shadow King. I might revisit.

I stopped watching the show; too abstract and circular? for my taste, but I am intrigued and delighted to hear they've introduced Shadow King. I might revisit.
Hope you give it another shot. Almost everything will be explained or resolved by episode 7.

Great episode, felt very rewarding after at times being all "wat?" with the weirdness of the show.

My guess: Every single character has been one of David's personalities.

Blink once for yes.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I just read the posts before I made mine. derp haha

yous guys are talking about exactly what was bugging me.

I figured it out by E3. I still think its high quality, just not my cup of tea. I might revisit because SK is one of my favorite characters.
I'm just kidding with the blinking GIFs. The truth is what you are predicting (and what most of us are dreading) isn't true (or hasn't come true yet).

Completely forgot to mention that email part also. Yeah for a while I thought Legion's setting was in 1970s. So unless that email part was a mistake, then the show is apparently set in a quasi-modern setting with a retro look.
Quasi-modern. In the first episode, the agent guy (the one that returned in the latest episode) used a very modern looking tablet.

Episode 7 was the best. I didn't even think about Shadow King.

Throwing an ass pull with this being part of David's personas would be stupid. It wouldn't work and would be way to obvious.

Back