FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Just can't get into this show anymore. First season was good but the start of this season and I just realized this show is to out there for me.

And that shower mother boyfriend scene we had already seen in season one, hadn't we?
She described it in great detail.

One thing that really confused me is that her mother apparently didn't know about her powers? I don't understand how that's possible. Not matter how careful Syd was, she would have surely had some physical contact with her mother at some point, even if by accident.

Just can't get into this show anymore. First season was good but the start of this season and I just realized this show is to out there for me.
the episodes have definitely been too slow this season last season they had a better pace and it was must see tv. now I just watch it later instead of live.

One thing that really confused me is that her mother apparently didn't know about her powers? I don't understand how that's possible. Not matter how careful Syd was, she would have surely had some physical contact with her mother at some point, even if by accident.
I agree.

I'm really enjoying this season, although I admit I wish there was a bit more action.

The story is compelling though, and the writing is superb. The dialogue is as good as it gets.

Damn good episode this week. Oliver is such an interesting character. Also, very cool Tom Petty cover.

Holy shit guys we're back!! What an amazing episode! Holy freaking moly! What did I just watch!? That was great from start to finish. Farook, Oliver, Lenny, I can watch those characters all day. I had no clue what was going on and then I realized... Shit, that's David's sister. And then I realized... holy shit!!!

Looks like this is what will turn David a little crazy, aggressive and possibly evil. He's coming for him now. And rightfully so. He has to kick his ass now.

Also, what the hell is going on with that thing that crawled into Pythonamy's (?) head? That weird dead Japanese named boss appeared to him when he tried to see Lenny's memories.

This season.......... thumbs up. Jermaine is by far my favorite character this season after this last episode. His threat and ambiguity towards Farouk was the best. Also great use of this velvet underground song.

There had to be a million times during her baby months that she accidentally switched bodies with her mom. Imagine a 2 day old baby's mind in the body of a full grown adult.

This week's episode was incredible.

Homeless David just wanted to be left alone.

tumblr_p8hh2l4DFG1r4d3w4o9_540.gifv

tumblr_p8gzhkYH9J1wktrqko7_540.gifv

This show is hard to talk about bc I never know where to even start. It's almost too clever for its own good. Love it.

Something that stands out to me about Legion above most other shows out there is that it takes what in a normal show would seem like unrelated filler, and make it either crucial to the story, a way to portray psychological instability, or David learning about his powers. There's no pointless filler, it's all a means to an end, even if it's crazy and bizarre. It fits together one way or another, whether we the audience believe what we're seeing to be true.

I do so enjoy the "unreliable narrator" writing style.

So what was the purpose of this latest episode? Just to show that maybe possibly David can change the entire reality? Didn't like it that much. That's two episodes now.

I’m confused. I thought her mother did know about her powers and that’s why they show her avoiding touching Syd as a baby and when they’re laying down in bed together when syd was young, she pulls the blanket up between them before putting her arm around syd.

the last 2 episodes have been what I imagine Legion considers "filler" as neither episode has moved the narrative forward at all.

So what was the purpose of this latest episode? Just to show that maybe possibly David can change the entire reality? Didn't like it that much. That's two episodes now.

In the comics, David at his peak has the power of shifting reality and time manipulation. Farouk even reminds David of his powers to change reality. That's the power potential he has. In the last episode he loses Amy, and you can see the instant emotional impact that has on him.

I could be completely off (with this show, I probably am), but I think this entire episode was basically a coping mechanism for David's grief for what's happened to Amy. The emotional trauma has caused David to look back at the multiple timelines. A clue to this is when young homeless David recognizes Syd. Or so I think...

This is also another episode showing the negative impacts these powers can have on a person. I appreciate the way this show explores that aspect, as they did with the Syd episode. And Legion does this better than any other comic book show or movie. I liked how they showed the only timeline of David being truly happy was the one without having powers. But then in a sick twist, it's also a timeline without his sister.

I also wasn't a huge fan of the Syd episode (mainly bc she's just not one of my favorite characters), but this past episode was definitely one of my favorites. There are five episodes left, and I have faith in the writing of this show to make it work. I have a feeling these "filler" episodes will only add to the eventual payoff. And that payoff will make it all worth it.

Last edited:
Back