FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Finally got around to finishing it. Probably my fav of all the TV comic book shows including the Netflix ones. I'm very glad they used SK. Damned creepy bastid. Didn't even know it was him at the beginning since he looks more like Mojo.

just for shits & giggles, but anyone else find it corny how David just floats down out of nowhere to face the SK possessed Kerry in the hallway? haha like logically thinking, where the F did he come from? it's like he floated through the ceiling.

Completely forgot to mention that email part also. Yeah for a while I thought Legion's setting was in 1970s. So unless that email part was a mistake, then the show is apparently set in a quasi-modern setting with a retro look.

Well, Oliver dresses like someone from the '70s, and he's been stuck in an ice cube for 20-some years, so I'd guess '90s or '00s.

I'm guessing X vs. SK took place in the '70s or maybe '80s, then +30 for David's current age.

Last edited:
just for shits & giggles, but anyone else find it corny how David just floats down out of nowhere to face the SK possessed Kerry in the hallway? haha like logically thinking, where the F did he come from? it's like he floated through the ceiling.
Yes and no.

Yes, because unless he's phasing through objects, it makes no sense.

No, because it lends to the theory that the whole show is still in his mind.

He can manipulate matter as was mentioned earlier on in the show and as evidenced from various earlier events.

Strokes terrify me.

They can cause Locked in Syndrome.

Screw that. Screw all of that.
It is really cruel that we can't make binding legal contracts to be euthanized in these situations. And once you're stuck in it, you can't ask to be killed or do it yourself. Gotta live forever in your immobile body like a man buried alive in a coffin.

Finally watched the season finale (episode 8) yesterday. Good episode. Episode 7 was better though.

The slow mo action scenes are the show's weak point. The action would have been more effective if it was done in real time.

Love the zombiefied look of Lenny.

Hope they replace Amber Midthunder next season.

I like the twist at the end where Burned Face Man made an uneasy alliance with David and the school.

I had a feeling Jemaine Clement would be the new host for Shadow King because it would have been a waste to not see Jemaine's evil side. Mark my words, Jemaine will be a very creepy, sinister Shadow King next season.

When Burned Face Man was talking to HR, the office was shown to have modern computers and monitors.

When Burned Face Man was talking to HR, the office was shown to have modern computers and monitors.

I noticed this too. it looked like they had those old school iMacs or computers similar to them.

img_3q_right_400x350.jpg

Finally watched the season finale (episode 8) yesterday. Good episode. Episode 7 was better though.

The slow mo action scenes are the show's weak point. The action would have been more effective if it was done in real time.

I like the twist at the end where Burned Face Man have an uneasy alliance with David and the school.

I had a feeling Jemaine Clement would be the new host for Shadow King because it would have been a waste to not see Jemaine's evil side. Mark my words, Jemaine will be a very creepy, sinister Shadow King next season.

What I'm worried about is SK being funny all of a sudden.

I wish they added a Morrocan hat on his Mojo counterpart. but that would have been a dead give away.

Amahl_Farouk_The_Shadow_King.jpg

It is really cruel that we can't make binding legal contracts to be euthanized in these situations. And once you're stuck in it, you can't ask to be killed or do it yourself. Gotta live forever in your immobile body like a man buried alive in a coffin.

johnnygothisgun1.jpg

I was slightly underwhelmed by the finale. Maybe because episode 7 was so great?

Still my favourite comic show (along with DD season 1) to date.

Don't know for sure if she's a bad actress or not, but her character and the way she acts all tough is just off-putting. Not sure if the petulant, macho act is intentional or not in consideration of her special relationship with Cary and her stunted growth but the result is the same, I don't like her and the acting seemed bad. The only performance of hers that I liked was when she was scared and chased by The Eye, thought her acting was good in that one.

Don't know for sure if she's a bad actress or not, but her character and the way she acts all tough is just off-putting. Not sure if the petulant, macho act is intentional or not in consideration of her special relationship with Cary and her stunted growth but the result is the same, I don't like her and the acting seemed bad. The only performance of hers that I liked was when she was scared and chased by The Eye, thought her acting was good in that one.
I know what u mean, when I see her on screen I always think, "They hired you?"

I really, really liked her, but it's because she pushed all my buttons. Her acting wasn't great.

Rather than replace her I hope she gets better.*

*And wears more revealing clothing.

This is why I didn't have an issue with her performance.

I like the twist at the end where Burned Face Man made an uneasy alliance with David and the school.

Yep I was hoping her character would die this season.

Back