FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

i love the idea of an x-factor tv show but i cant stand the thought of them fucking it up and catering to the " prime time " audiance
agents of shield sucks balls
and i had high hopes for that

Fox Near Deal for 'X-Men' Live-Action Series

"[For] X-Men, we're in negotiations with Marvel. We're hopeful we'll be able to announce something soon. We're not closed on a deal yet but it's something we're definitely pursuing," Fox Television Group chairman and CEO Dana Walden told THR on Thursday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour stop

Link

Update: October 14, 2015

X-Men's HELLFIRE and LEGION TV Series in the Works

Hellfire-Club-Legion-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel is expanding its reach to cable and a second broadcast network. The comic book powerhouse is teaming with FX and Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley to produce Legion, a pilot based on the comic character of the same name. Additionally, Marvel TV and Fox have put in development Hellfire, based on the Marvel comics group 'The Hellfire Club.'

The Legion pilot introduces the story of David Haller, a man who may be more than human and who has has struggled with mental illness since his teenage years. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real. In the comics, David is the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier (aka Professor X) and Israeli Holocost survivor Gabrielle Haller. The character first appeared in New Mutants #25 in March 1985.

Legion hails from FX Productions and Marvel Television, with FXP overseeing production. Hawley, who has an overall with FXP, will write the pilot and serve as an executive producer alongside Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg and Marvel Television topper Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

Meanwhile, Fox's Hellfire — which previously was considered a live-action X-Men — follows a young special agent who learns that a power-hungry woman with extraordinary abilities is working with a clandestine society of millionaires — known as "The Hellfire Club" — to take over the world.

The Marvel Television and 20th Century Fox TV co-production is co-created by 24's Evan Katz and Manny Coto, and Star Trek 3 duo Patrick McKay and John D. Payne. McKay and Payne will pen the script for Hellfire, based on a story by Katz, Coto, McKay and Payne. Donner, Singer, Kinberg, Loeb and Chory will executive produce alongside Katz and Coto, who will serve as showrunners.

Marvel Sets 'Legion' Pilot With Noah Hawley at FX, Readying 'Hellfire Club' for Fox

Hellfire Club needs curvy hotties in skimpy outfit like in John Byrne's X-Men Phoenix Saga.

i love the idea of an x-factor tv show but i cant stand the thought of them fucking it up and catering to the " prime time " audiance
agents of shield sucks balls
and i had high hopes for that

Really???? I've never watched Agents of Sheild but I've heard from many people that it's pretty good.

Please don't put any (more?) superhero stuff on basic cable. I won't watch it. Make something quality.

One question that popped in my head is are Hellfire and Legion going to be part of Fox's X-Men universe? I'm guessing it's not, which drastically lowers my excitement about these new shows. It's going to be like Gotham, Supergirl and Constantine where they just exist in their separate worlds.

Based on the two shows' premise, Hellfire doesn't interest me (for now) while Legion has potential.

I hate to say it, but Smallville was probably the best super hero television show we've ever had, and ultimately it wasn't very good.

It had flashes of brilliance trapped in clouds of toxic gas.

I'm mostly terrified of what network television would do to the X-Men.

Smallville had it's moments that were just brilliant. The whole Lex, Lana, clark triangle was around the best of the show. Those few seasons were great.

I think the will be a horrible show. I just don't see Fox doing this well. If this was netflix or HBO I would have higher hopes for this working.

Update: January 5, 2016

FARGO's Rachel Keller Lands Female Lead in LEGION

Rachel-Keller-Legion-Dragonlord.jpg

FX has cast the female lead in its X-Men drama take Legion. Fargo favorite Rachel Keller has been tapped to star in the drama, reuniting with showrunner Noah Hawley, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The Legion pilot introduces the story of David Haller, a man who may be more than human and who has has struggled with mental illness since his teenage years. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

In the comics, David is the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier (aka Professor X) and Israeli Holocost survivor Gabrielle Haller. The character first appeared in New Mutants #25 in March 1985.

Keller will play the female lead, described as a scrappy and optimistic woman in her 20s. As with most Marvel fare, more specific details about her character are being kept under wraps, including her potential powers though it's rumored she may be an incarnation of Rogue and Spyke.

The casting comes after Keller's breakout turn in Fargo season two as Simon Gerhardt. The role was the actress' first leading gig and helped her become a fan favorite.

FX's 'X-Men' Take 'Legion' Taps 'Fargo' Favorite Rachel Keller to Star

Update: January 15, 2016

Fox's X-Men Spinoff HELLFIRE Showrunners Exit to Reboot 24

Manny-Coto-Evan-Katz-Hellfire-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox's X-Men drama Hellfire is making a change at the top. Writers Evan Katz and Manny Coto, who co-created the drama, are exiting, THR has learned. Also out are Patrick McKay and John D. Payne, who came up the the story for the drama alongside Katz and Coto and were set to pen the script. A search is under way for a new writer.

The changes come as Hellfire is on a slower development track, insiders say. Hellfire, which previously was considered a live-action X-Men, follows a young special agent who learns that a power-hungry woman with extraordinary abilities is working with a clandestine society of millionaires — known as "The Hellfire Club" — to take over the world.

Sources say the X-Men drama is not likely to go to pilot this season as it remains on a slower track. The change comes as Katz and Coto are shifting their focus to Fox's 24: Legacy, which received a formal pilot orde. The new take on 24 will feature an entirely new cast with a diverse lead as Fox has high hopes to reboot the franchise for a new era.

The change at the top should not worry diehard fans of the X-Men franchise. Sources say Fox remains committed to Hellfire and wants to get it completely right as the X-Men franchise remains a valuable asset for the company.

Fox's 'X-Men' Spinoff Showrunners Exit to Reboot '24' (Exclusive)

Update: January 16, 2016

FX's LEGION Will Not Be Set in Fox's X-MEN Cinematic Universe

FX-Legion-011616-Dragonlord.jpg

FX President John Landgraf confirmed at the Television Critics Association press tour today that Legion will likely premiere on the network by the end of 2016, but also revealed that there are no plans for the series to tie into the X-Men Universe. In fact, it's set in an entirely different world.

"It's not in the continuity of those films in the sense the current X-Men films take place in a universe in which everybody on planet Earth is aware of the existence of mutants," Landgraf said.

"The series Legion takes place in a parallel universe, if you will, in which the US government is in the early days of being aware that something called mutants exist but the public is not. I wouldn't foresee characters moving back and forth because they really are parallel universes," he adds.

Adding that the show will take place in the past, Landgraf said that the show will run for ten episodes and indicated that we won't see characters from the movies factoring into it in any way.

"It’s still in process but I think at the moment they’re all new characters... But I’m not 100% sure thatll be the case by the time it airs."

"We're quite well along," he said. "We've had a writing staff working. We've seen not only the pilot but several episodes and we're well in process of casting. I would anticipate that Legion would go on the air some time in 2016, this year."

LEGION Won't Be Set In The X-MEN Universe; Surprising New Plot Details Revealed

Update: February 4, 2016

Dan Stevens to Play the Lead in LEGION; Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart Also Join Cast

Dan-Stevens-Aubrey-Plaza-Legion-Dragonlord.jpg

FX is going big for its X-Men take, Legion. The network has tapped Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens, Parks and Recreation grad Aubrey Plaza and Fargo alum Jean Smart to star in the pilot from Noah Hawley (Fargo), THR has learned.

The Legion pilot introduces the story of David Haller, a man who may be more than human and who has struggled with mental illness since his teenage years. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he is confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Stevens will play David, a haunted man trying to find his way back to sanity; he's getting tired and is about to give up when he meets the girl of his dreams.

Parks breakout Plaza will play Lenny, David's friend who, despite a life of drugs and alcohol abuse, knows that any day now her life is going to turn around — which gives Lenny the likeable energy of the impossible optimist despite her rough demeanor.

Smart, who reunites with Hawley after her role in season two of FX's Fargo, is set as Melanie, a nurturing, demanding therapist with a sharp mind and unconventional methods.

Stevens and Plaza join the previously cast Rachel Keller, a Fargo season two breakout who will also reunite with Hawley on Legion. Keller will play the female lead, Syd, a self-sufficient and street smart woman who uses her sharp and prickly demeanor to protect her soft core because even though it makes her a sucker and puts her at risk, she still believes in happily ever after.

For Stevens, the role marks his TV follow-up to Downton Abbey, where he played Matthew Crawley for three years (and 25 episodes). He most recently starred as the Beast in the live-action Beauty and the Beastmovie.

Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart to Star in FX's 'X-Men' Take 'Legion'

Please no superhero shows. Especially where they have superpowers. It looks horrible with special effects, Arrow works because its supposed to be mildly realistic.
Agreed.

Only things that work are not that heavy on the special effects, like DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage etc. Flash has its moments, but sometimes i just cringe at the low level CGI. Not sure if Supergirl is sustainable in this environment.

Update: February 18, 2016

Newcomer Jeremie Harris Joins the Cast of FX's LEGION

Jeremie-Harris-Legion-Dragonlord.jpg

FX's X-Men take Legion is adding to its cast. Newcomer Jeremie Harris has booked a series-regular role on the drama pilot from Fargo's Noah Hawley,The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The Legion pilot introduces the story of David Haller (Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens), a man who may be more than human and who has struggled with mental illness since his teenage years. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he is confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Harris will take on the role of Ptonomy, an outsider by nature, stand-offish and sardonic, who is a former child prodigy who feels trapped in the past.

Harris, a Juilliard graduate, is currently recurring on Netflix's Baz Luhrmann's 1970s hip-hop drama The Get Down. His credits include playing Langston Hughes in HBO's Bessie as well as episodes of CBS' Blue Bloods and Person of Interest.

FX's 'X-Men' Drama 'Legion' Adds to Newcomer Jeremie Harris to the Cast (Exclusive)

Update: February 22, 2016

Amber Midthunder Joins the Cast of FX's LEGION

Amber-Midthunder-Legion-Dragonlord.jpg

Amber Midthunder (Banshee) is set to co-star opposite Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza in Legion, FX’s X-Men-universe pilot from Fargo creator Noah Hawley, Marvel TV and FX Prods.

Legion introduces the story of David Haller (Stevens), based on the Marvel comics character Legion, the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier. Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. A haunted man, David is getting tired of finding his way back to sanity and is about to give up when he meets the girl of his dreams, a fellow patient, and is confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Midthunder will play Kerry, a woman of action with a childlike sense of wonder. A true savant, Kerry has lived a sheltered, but never dull life. The actress will next be seen in the feature Comancheria starring Chris Pine and Ben Foster.

Banshee's Alicia Midthunder Joins Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza in FX's Legion

Update: March 1, 2016

THE LEAGUE's Katie Aselton Joins FX's X-MEN Series LEGION

Katie-Aselton-Legion-Dragonlord.jpg

Katie Aselton has been cast opposite Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart in Legion, FX’s X-Men-universe pilot from Fargo creator Noah Hawley, Marvel TV and FX Prods.

Legion introduces the story of David Haller (Stevens), based on the Marvel comics character Legion, the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier. Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. A haunted man, David is getting tired of finding his way back to sanity and is about to give up when he meets the girl of his dreams, a fellow patient, and is confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Aselton will play Amy, the fellow inmate at David’s mental health institute who proves to be an inspiring presence.

A busy Aselton will also concurrently appear in Jason Reitman’s Hulu series Casual and will next be seen in a recurring arc on HBO’s Togetherness. Her upcoming projects also include Lionsgate’s The Sea Of Trees for director Gus Van Sant, where she stars opposite Matthew McConaughey and Naomi Watts and Warner Bros.’ Bastards opposite Owen Wilson, Ed Helms and J.K. Simmons. She previously starred in The Gift opposite Jason Bateman and Joel Edgerton and in FX’s The League.

‘Legion’: 'The League's Katie Aselton Joins the Cast In FX Marvel Pilot

One detail stands out to me.

It's on FX, not FOX.

Ya think if it was given the budget worthy to give a X-Men show justice, it'd be on FOX.

Update: May 31, 2016

FX Picks Up LEGION; First Image and New Details Revealed

Press Release: FX Networks has ordered the first season of Legion, the story of a troubled young man who may be more than human, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions.

Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey), Rachel Keller (Fargo), Jean Smart (Fargo), Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation), Jeremie Harris (A Walk Among the Tombstones), Amber Midthunder (Hell or High Water), Katie Aselton (The League) and Bill Irwin (Interstellar) star in Legion.

Production on the eight-episode first season will begin this summer in Vancouver and the new series from FX Productions and Marvel Television will debut on FX in early 2017.

“We’ve come to expect excellence from Noah Hawley and with Legion he has delivered another major creative achievement,” said Grad. “Just as he did in reimagining Fargo, he is bringing an entirely new aesthetic and sensibility to the enormously popular and richly represented X-Men world. The pilot episode is stunning, driven by incredible performances from Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart, Rachel Keller and the rest of the cast. We join our producing partners at Marvel in congratulating the creative team for what they’ve accomplished and are as excited as the fans for the premiere ofLegion’s first season.”

“Marvel Television is thrilled to not only have our first partnership with FX go to series, but working with the enormously talented Noah Hawley makes it even better,” said Executive Producer Jeph Loeb. “From the first time we heard Noah’s vision to his exceptional script and cast through the extraordinary filming of the pilot, we knew the series would be incredible.”

Legion introduces the story of David Haller: Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Noah Hawley (Fargo) will serve as an Executive Producer along with Lauren Shuler Donner (X-Men: Days of Future Past), Bryan Singer (X-Men: Apocalypse), Simon Kinberg (Fantastic Four), Jeph Loeb (Marvel’s Daredevil), Jim Chory (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) and John Cameron (Fargo). Legion is the latest project from Hawley and Cameron, two of the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Golden Globe® -winning FX limited series Fargo.

574dea61c7dba.jpg

First Image from FX and Marvel’s Limited Series ‘Legion’ Starring Dan Stevens

Back