Fury: We Are The "Best Of Our Era"

Canelo started boxing when he was 13 made his pro debut aged 15.
He was 33-0-1 when he fought Baldomir.
Baldomir was nobody at that point. Sugar Shane was the first decent opponent he fought.

He still had a lot of fights before he stepped up, is the point.

And lol at most carefully managed fighter in sports. IBF champion in 16th fight fought wlad in his 20th meanwhile Deontay was fighting a can on an under card in an 8 rounder. Gtfo.

Deontay fans are delusional.

Delontay fought king kong and fury back to back. How does Joshua's last two opponents compare to king kong and fury?

Delontay fought king kong and fury back to back. How does Joshua's last two opponents compare to king kong and fury?

About the same in all honesty
Povetkin mandatory and an unbeaten Parker to unify. Wilder chased fury after his first fight because he looked like shit and he thought he’s be lineal. Let’s see who he fights next. I think we all agree he should be giving Tyson a rematch considering the controversy over the result

& shall we look at the list of mugs that wilder fought previous to that?

Joshua has always taken the tough challenges. Wilder has just started to after 40 fights lol. Let’s just be happy that the champions are fighting the best of the rest at long last

About the same in all honesty
Povetkin mandatory and an unbeaten Parker to unify. Wilder chased fury after his first fight because he looked like shit and he thought he’s be lineal. Let’s see who he fights next. I think we all agree he should be giving Tyson a rematch considering the controversy over the result

& shall we look at the list of mugs that wilder fought previous to that?

Joshua has always taken the tough challenges. Wilder has just started to after 40 fights lol. Let’s just be happy that the champions are fighting the best of the rest at long last

Parker and povetkin are the same as kong kong and fury?

Is this the consensus here? Other sherdogers please chime in.

Oh you mean high blood pressure Ortiz and unranked fury? Well Joshua just beat his mandatory number 1 contender in povetkin. And he also beat WBO holder for the WBO belt..

Those were his last two fights.

Parker and povetkin are the same as kong kong and fury?

Is this the consensus here? Other sherdogers please chime in.

Povetkin has a better resume then Ortiz who has only beat Cunningham. It’s easy to argue that he is better in all honesty

Wilder chased fury after his first joke of a fight. Parker would’ve beaten that fat version of fury. Let’s not try and make out that wilder fought fury to challenge himself. He thought he was getting a fat shit version of him and it should have bitten him in the arse bar the controversial draw. Joshua’s resume is way better than wilders, it’s not even up for debate

I'd put Ortiz on roughly the same level as Povetkin, but thats based solely on the eye test. His opposition tends to be weak for someone of his perceived level so its hard to gauge exactly how good he is. I do believe hes a lot older than he claims to be though and that his big vulnerability. There was a telling moment vs Wilder where at one point Wilder was dazed, throwing nothing and not defending particularly well for nearly a minute but Ortiz just couldnt turn the pressure up enough to finish him off.

Fury looks like no1 or 2 now but heading into the fight he was an unproven quantity due to the inactivity, the drugs, the weight gain and how he looked in his comeback fights. Hard to give Wilders team credit for taking the fight when they only did it because they thought he was done.

Baldomir, Ndou, Hatton and Gomez were all top 20.
Rhodes and Cintron were top 10.

You could make the argument that Canelo had a better resume going into the Mosley fight than Wilder does right now, and Canelo was only 21 years old.
None of those guys were legit opponents for Canelo, most of them weren't even in his weight class.

I'd put Ortiz on roughly the same level as Povetkin, but thats based solely on the eye test. His opposition tends to be weak for someone of his perceived level so its hard to gauge exactly how good he is. I do believe hes a lot older than he claims to be though and that his big vulnerability. There was a telling moment vs Wilder where at one point Wilder was dazed, throwing nothing and not defending particularly well for nearly a minute but Ortiz just couldnt turn the pressure up enough to finish him off.

Fury looks like no1 or 2 now but heading into the fight he was an unproven quantity due to the inactivity, the drugs, the weight gain and how he looked in his comeback fights. Hard to give Wilders team credit for taking the fight when they only did it because they thought he was done.

I’d agree about povetkin/Ortiz. They look about a similar level. Either of those 2 + Dillian Whyte would be good fights

To add to that wilder could’ve fought Joshua next but chose fury!

People trying to knock Joshua’s resume are desperate, and I hear this nonsense all of the time. No one in the division has a fantastic resume buts it pretty easy to argue that Joshua’s is the strongest, yet he’s had the least amount of fights. People knocking Joshua for fighting povetkin (who was mandatory) are embarressing themselves

Fury definitely is. Wilder is probably not even top 5 in reality but his actual level is being masked fairly well by his management. Joshua is an underdog vs Fury and possibly 50/50 vs Usyk but outside of that he should be the favourite.
Wilder isn't a top five boxer but his chin, conditioning at his current weight, and incredible power means he can knock out pretty much anyone he touches.

Back