Fury: We Are The "Best Of Our Era"

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Tyson Fury seems to think him and Wilder are the best of the era. He left Joshua out of that conversation.

Fury:

"It's no secret that Anthony Joshua did not want this fight.....He didn't want it for a reason: because Deontay Wilder is the most fiercest puncher in boxing history, in heavyweight division history. And I saw that tonight and I felt it. No wonder AJ didn't want no part of that right hand. He can't move like me, he would have been nailed. Wilder has got lightning fists and dynamite in his hands, he's a great fighter, I respect him a lot."

Wilder:

"I'd love to fight Joshua, I've been trying to fight him … everyone knows that, it's no secret....But those guys got other plans, and we'll see what happens. But I'll be satisfied either or, to be honest. Me and Fury put on a hell of a performance tonight. I'd love to go back into a rematch or I'd love to fight Joshua, so I think I'm in a win-win situation. I know what the fans want, and I'm with the fans too, you know."
(https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/comba...thony-joshua-as-heavyweight-division-heats-up)

Even former HW greats seem to be speaking ill of Joshua, and his apparent "ducking".

Is AJ ducking the two "best of the era"?

Last edited:
It's no secret where AJ's team stand with wanting to fight Wilder.

To me they're waiting for their opportunity to strike, perhaps til he declines or loses. Wilder came back from almost being finished against Ortiz and getting boxed up by Fury in which he didn't quit and almost got the KO win. He displayed champion qualities in both fights.

I would've thought AJ's team had enough tape in Wilder v Ortiz to tackle him.

IMO Wilder matches up better with AJ than Fury, the right hand will find its home much earlier in that fight.

It's no secret where AJ's team stand with wanting to fight Wilder.

To me they're waiting for their opportunity to strike, perhaps til he declines or loses. Wilder came back from almost being finished against Ortiz and getting boxed up by Fury in which he didn't quit and almost got the KO win. He displayed champion qualities in both fights.

I would've thought AJ's team had enough tape in Wilder v Ortiz to tackle him.

IMO Wilder matches up better with AJ than Fury, the right hand will find its home much earlier in that fight.

I agree. I think Fury is the toughest fight for Wilder. I think Joshua is also biding time to figure Wilder out.

However, his team is smart, and I think he will continue to watch. If he jumps at the chance now, I think it would seem obvious that his delay was a lack of confidence.

Tyson Fury seems to think him and Wilder are the best of the era. He left Joshua out of that conversation.

Fury:

"It's no secret that Anthony Joshua did not want this fight.....He didn't want it for a reason: because Deontay Wilder is the most fiercest puncher in boxing history, in heavyweight division history. And I saw that tonight and I felt it. No wonder AJ didn't want no part of that right hand. He can't move like me, he would have been nailed. Wilder has got lightning fists and dynamite in his hands, he's a great fighter, I respect him a lot."

Wilder:

"I'd love to fight Joshua, I've been trying to fight him … everyone knows that, it's no secret....But those guys got other plans, and we'll see what happens. But I'll be satisfied either or, to be honest. Me and Fury put on a hell of a performance tonight. I'd love to go back into a rematch or I'd love to fight Joshua, so I think I'm in a win-win situation. I know what the fans want, and I'm with the fans too, you know."
(https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/comba...thony-joshua-as-heavyweight-division-heats-up)

Even former HW greats seem to be speaking ill of Joshua, and his apparent "ducking".

Is AJ ducking the two "best of the era"?

It's promoting. Understand this. It's good because creates drama if fights Joshua or when him and wilder fight bigger numbers. He knows perfectly well aj is no .

Fury definitely is. Wilder is probably not even top 5 in reality but his actual level is being masked fairly well by his management. Joshua is an underdog vs Fury and possibly 50/50 vs Usyk but outside of that he should be the favourite.

Fury definitely is. Wilder is probably not even top 5 in reality but his actual level is being masked fairly well by his management. Joshua is an underdog vs Fury and possibly 50/50 vs Usyk but outside of that he should be the favourite.

Fury must suck if he got dropped twice and had a quick cup of coffee with Jesus by a guy not even in the top 5.

Fury must suck if he got dropped twice and had a quick cup of coffee with Jesus by a guy not even in the top 5.

Nobody said he doesnt hit hard, but Furys lack of power gave him a full 12 rounds to headhunt without fear, hes not going to get that against a lot of other top HWs.

Wilder not top 5 hahahaha wtf

Hes currently 1-1 against top 5 opponents. And even in the win he was saved by the bell and had the ref buying him extra recovery time at the start of the next round.

He relies on landing a haymaker and if needed ref/judge shadiness to bail him out. How long do you think hes going to get away with that now that, 39 fights into his career, he has set the expectation that he has to fight nothing but top 5-10 level opponents from here on out?

Hes currently 1-1 against top 5 opponents. And even in the win he was saved by the bell and had the ref buying him extra recovery time at the start of the next round.

He relies on landing a haymaker and if needed ref/judge shadiness to bail him out. How long do you think hes going to get away with that now that, 39 fights into his career, he has set the expectation that he has to fight nothing but top 5-10 level opponents from here on out?
What the fuck are you talking about?

I agree. I think Fury is the toughest fight for Wilder. I think Joshua is also biding time to figure Wilder out.

However, his team is smart, and I think he will continue to watch. If he jumps at the chance now, I think it would seem obvious that his delay was a lack of confidence.

Wilder agreed the fight either Joshua, then pulled out and chased fury after his comeback fight where he looked dogshit. He took what he thought was an easy fight to get the lineal. Yet Joshua doesn’t want the fight lol?
everyone knows that wilder pulled out of the fight! A fight for unifued title and over 5 times his largest purse. Why would he do that? Please explain how this means Joshua doesn’t want the fight!

Every time I hear this nonsense it makes me laugh

What the fuck are you talking about?

He’s beaten 1 top opponent in 42 fights. He’s clearly ranked 2nd because he’s a title holder but his resume is pony for a 3-4 year world champion with over 50 fights

He’s beaten 1 top opponent in 42 fights. He’s clearly ranked 2nd because he’s a title holder but his resume is pony for a 3-4 year world champion with over 50 fights
Name 5 better boxers at heavyweight.

Name 5 better boxers at heavyweight.

Fury already beat him. Joshua beats him. Usyk would beat him if he counts as HW yet. After his last 2 performances not sure I could give him much better odds than 50/50 against Whyte, Povetkin, Parker, Miller, Pulev or Hunter either, even prospects like Joyce and Hrgovic could be a serious threat.

Lol AJ isn't ducking the best of his era. He wanted to fight Tyson but then came Tysons problems. Tyson fight would always have been bigger than a Deontay fight here.

There are many many pros and legends of the sport who think the whole ducking talk is nonsense. Tyson is also known for talking nonsense.

It's interesting that you'd put this up about Joshua, the guy who fought for a title in his 16th fight and then an all time great in his 20th and then went for another belt in his 22nd fight.

Whilst deontay has been fighting bums for years.and just drew to an ex alchohlic coke head who's just lost 150 pounds and has fought two cans since his return. Interesting..

In short. All Deontay fans throw stones in glass houses and they are ideologically inconsistent and delusional. And I'm done with it.

Last edited:
Most here were calling tyson all kinds of names. All kimds of names. Deontay is put on a pedestall after a controversial draw against the guy they were all calling names..and the guy that was being called names has seemingly won over a lot of fans.

Eddie flew to LA to get either of their sigs on a contract because every AJ fan is now thinking it would be much easier work.

It's obvious that Joshua wants no part of Wilder. He doesn't want any part of Ortiz either.

Joshua is the most carefully managed fighter in the sport. He's Hearn's cash cow.

It's obvious that Joshua wants no part of Wilder. He doesn't want any part of Ortiz either.

Joshua is the most carefully managed fighter in the sport. He's Hearn's cash cow.
Interesting that again Eddie Hearne has flown to America. The 2nd time he's done so. And it's probably to get either of those names on a contract.

When did shirley fly to the UK to try to make a deal?

He's probably drooling at the thought of making that Deontay fight now.

Back