Fury Took Mean Damage... Will He Be The Same?

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans forget that such blows really take a lot of intestinal fortitude from fighters without choice, and technically speaking brain nerves are permanently damaged, though still functioning, but such blows can bring punch drunk syndrome sooner than later. There’s more slurred speech in HEavyweight than any other weight.

Look at Khan and Brook, these fighters were seriously advised to take soft fights after Canelo or GGG. There’s good reason for that.

I think Fury can be hurt a lot more easily now than before.

Are you for real? He was up in less than 6 seconds and its very debatable if he was even fully unconscious at all. Its not the same as Khan getting KO when he could have been flat on his back for a couple of days.

You are also forgetting who Fury is and his background etc.

If you are asking if anyone will be the same it should be wilder. He has just seen a guy take is two best shots (the only real weapon he has) and then get up when he was mid way through celebrating.

Bring on the rematch.....hopefully wilder can improve his boxing and fury his power then it will be even better

Are you for real? He was up in less than 6 seconds and its very debatable if he was even fully unconscious at all. Its not the same as Khan getting KO when he could have been flat on his back for a couple of days.

You are also forgetting who Fury is and his background etc.

If you are asking if anyone will be the same it should be wilder. He has just seen a guy take is two best shots (the only real weapon he has) and then get up when he was mid way through celebrating.

Bring on the rematch.....hopefully wilder can improve his boxing and fury his power then it will be even better

Fury is damaged. It is the beginning of Khan vs Prescott

Fury is damaged. It is the beginning of Khan vs Prescott
it's the first time he has been in a real war, I'm more concerned about someone like Whyte, he got smashed around by AJ before hurting him, was still brutally KOed and had wars with both Chisora and Parker, both of them hurt him.
He could already be on his way down or just another war with Chisora away from getting his chin cracked for good.

I think a lot of fans forget that such blows really take a lot of intestinal fortitude from fighters without choice, and technically speaking brain nerves are permanently damaged, though still functioning, but such blows can bring punch drunk syndrome sooner than later. There’s more slurred speech in HEavyweight than any other weight.

Look at Khan and Brook, these fighters were seriously advised to take soft fights after Canelo or GGG. There’s good reason for that.

According to fans here, he was just kidding around when he got dropped twice.

I don't think there is anything that you can assume about Fury's punch resistance until we see him in action again and take a really big shot. Certainly, it would be jumping the gun to assume he's now going to have a glass jaw. It could happen but there is nothing to indicate that at this time. And the fact was that after the second knockdown he managed to get back up. The fighters who lose punch resistance due to getting knocked out are the ones who don't really get up.

He took a couple flash kos and seems to have great recovery. I wouldnt try over egg deontays power. People know they can take his punches now unless youre one of the 40 odd cans hes fought. He seems fine. Will Dorothy be the same tho? Apparently there was a long count and he had broken his arm in the run up to this fight..

Lol.

According to fans here, he was just kidding around when he got dropped twice.

LMAO. but in all seriousness, dude, Adonis Stevenson's handlers say that shall he return he will have permanent or long term damage. This news is insane. It might just be that Adonis might not be the same person again.... sad as foook. Adonis took too many straight rights down the pipe ON HIS FOREHEAD. Adonis had the bad habit of bobbing downward when taking those shots. Shots to the nose would've been better, at least so that Adonis could be more focused to avoid stuff down the middle. Nose punches hurt more than the front of the forehead, though are more prone to hitting the canvas sooner

I don’t think Fury took much damage at all. The left hook that caught him on the way down in the 12th round was brutal, but outside of that punch, and the punch that stunned him in the 9th, Fury didn’t get hit very much or very solidly in the fight. Plus, his style of boxing combined with his crafty defense and foot work have prevented him from taking much punishment at all in any fight.

He took a couple flash kos and seems to have great recovery. I wouldnt try over egg deontays power. People know they can take his punches now unless youre one of the 40 odd cans hes fought. He seems fine. Will Dorothy be the same tho? Apparently there was a long count and he had broken his arm in the run up to this fight..

Lol.

Uh, if I was a top HW, that wouldn't be my conclusion from the fight on Saturday. My conclusion would be that I have to avoid taking that right hand at all costs. I don't really see how one comes to the conclusion that Wilder doesn't have freak power after Saturday.

As for Fury sustaining too much damage, most seem to think accumulation is worse than flash KOs. There wasn't much in the way of accumulation despite Fury getting dropped hard in the 9th and then getting flash KO'd in the 12th. Tough to say sometimes, though.

Plus, his style of boxing combined with his crafty defense and foot work have prevented him from taking much punishment at all in any fight.

Hells no, the only ELITE P4P fighter in the game who successfully rolls with punches from devastating punchers is Canelo Alvarez. Alvarez is living proof on how to roll with crazy shots that the impact does almost nothing. Look at the slow mo replays of Alvarez taking uppercuts from Golovkin, GGG telegraphs easily that Canelo knows which way to roll.

Muhammad Ali could roll with punches like a Master. But he fought hard hitters in his time. Put Fury in with Ortiz and mix it up, then assess

Uh, if I was a top HW, that wouldn't be my conclusion from the fight on Saturday. My conclusion would be that I have to avoid taking that right hand at all costs. I don't really see how one comes to the conclusion that Wilder doesn't have freak power after Saturday.

As for Fury sustaining too much damage, most seem to think accumulation is worse than flash KOs. There wasn't much in the way of accumulation despite Fury getting dropped hard in the 9th and then getting flash KO'd in the 12th. Tough to say sometimes, though.

My bro, the 12th was no Flash KD, and Technically or ideally a flash KD is a boxer who gets up without the ref’s help, and gets up rather quickly from that mistake. Fury getting knocked down were no flash KD at all. Those were legit knockdowns. Fury barely made it, nothing “flash” about that.

Did u mean Flash Knock Down or “KO.” Sorry didn’t understand

My bro, the 12th was no Flash KO, and Technically or ideally a flash KO is a boxer who gets up without the ref’s help, and gets up rather quickly from that mistake. Fury getting knocked down were no flash KOs at all. Those were legit knockdowns. Fury barely made it, nothing “flash” about that.

Yeah, flash KO probably isn't the right term. He was legitimately out, even when he was on his back. There is the closeup replay of him coming to after a few seconds. Still never seen someone recover like he did from being legitimately out for a few seconds flat on his back. I mean, I've seen guys get back up, but usually their legs are everywhere and they fail to even beat the count.

Fury didn't take much damage in that fight. Neither did Wilder, of course. Both will be absolutely fine.

Getting knocked down twice is not as big a deal as many think. When it comes to brain damage, it's usually a matter of quantity over quality. I'd definitely rather get knocked down than have the shit beaten out of me standing round after round.

Yeah, flash KO probably isn't the right term. He was legitimately out, even when he was on his back. There is the closeup replay of him coming to after a few seconds. Still never seen someone recover like he did from being legitimately out for a few seconds flat on his back. I mean, I've seen guys get back up, but usually their legs are everywhere and they fail to even beat the count.
Someone made the analogy that he got up like he'd overslept for work.

Someone made the analogy that he got up like he'd overslept for work.

It works, especially seeing the way his eyes come to into focus in that one shot.

Fury didn't take much damage in that fight. Neither did Wilder, of course. Both will be absolutely fine.

Getting knocked down twice is not as big a deal as many think. When it comes to brain damage, it's usually a matter of quantity over quality. I'd definitely rather get knocked down than have the shit beaten out of me standing round after round.

Blood cells are the same size no matter the human size, so because Heavyweights are bigger people in general, there’s more blood circulation and less clot. However, Fury did slap his back head hard on the canvas. That part of the skull does big damage, especially rabbit punches are a crazy numbing sensation.

All I’m saying is if you’re Team Wilder, in the rematch you strategize for traps to get the same effective shot again. I do agree, Heavyweights are more battle tested. Look at John Ruiz after Tua to then beat guys like Tucker, Holyfield or Golota.

Back