Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA (Second Official Trailer, post #237)

Fury Road was such a simple story. A giant chase scene. The practical effects were fun, but that was it. It barely made its budget back.
I view that as a mark of a strong action blockbuster script, films like Alien, Predator and Terminator were also very "simple" films in terms of plot compared to what we've seen in those franchises since and they are all the better for it, indeed so is The Road Warrior.

A very simple plot but an interesting concept and characters rather than an overly complex plot covering for a lack of those things.

I don't think this movie will bomb folks are going for the action and will ignore all the girl power shenanigans. George miller fans are also very loyal like myself I actually wish this would have came out in april. I expect this to do dune 2 numbers.
I wouldn't bet on that. It's gonna be a hard R-rating for one(I believe). That alone will cut into it's BO potential. Then there's the fact that even though MM:FR was loved by most who saw it, it didn't exactly light the world on fire. The Mad Max name(which they're barely using to sell this), isn't nearly as valuable as "Dune".

It'll likely open to a modest $30-$40 million, and then taper off after that. It'll be lucky to hit $200 million total.

I wouldn't bet on that. It's gonna be a hard R-rating for one(I believe). That alone will cut into it's BO potential. Then there's the fact that even though MM:FR was loved by most who saw it, it didn't exactly light the world on fire. The Mad Max name(which they're barely using to sell this), isn't nearly as valuable as "Dune".

It'll likely open to a modest $30-$40 million, and then taper off after that. It'll be lucky to hit $200 million total.
Fury Road did make pretty much the same as Dune 1 at the box office and indeed only slightly less than Wick 4 but I do wonder whether they have left it a bit long to exploit that films positive hype, Dune 2 came out within a couple of years where as it will have been almost a decade since Fury Road by the time this comes out.

Millers post production is second to none.

I think they were forced to release trailers much earlier than with the original, but with a bit more work I trust Miller to make this another epic

Saw the first trailer. Don’t need to see anything else. I’ll be there opening weekend. I made the mistake of not seeing Fury Road in theaters and won’t make the same mistake with this one.

Anya Taylor-Joy's arms and legs look like four uncooked sticks of pasta were glued to her body. Is she seriously going to play an action hero?

Saw the first trailer. Don’t need to see anything else. I’ll be there opening weekend. I made the mistake of not seeing Fury Road in theaters and won’t make the same mistake with this one.

Given how IMAX re-releases are a thing now, I truly hope that you get the chance to see Fury Road in all its glory.

The flat out spectacle of that film was something behold.

Back