Fun Fact: Robbie Lawler has not attempted a single sub in 30 pro fights in major MMA organizations

demian-maia-neck-cranks-rick-story-ufc-153.gif

I think you'd be surprised.
sobralheathma0.gif

9ztXhba.gif

Prime Motivated Penn was a genuinely scary dude. Motherfuckers done forgot.

wanderlei has one submission win in thirty-five wins, and that was way back in 2000. i've never seen that fight, and i don't think i've ever seen wand attempt a sub.

wanderlei has one submission win in thirty-five wins, and that was way back in 2000. i've never seen that fight, and i don't think i've ever seen wand attempt a sub.
Once you see Wand attempt a sub, you don't unsee it.
Wandy-Guillotine-Bisping-2.gif

Wandy-Guillotine-Bisping-1.gif

That is crazy, for some reason I always assume because he is a BJJ black belt that he'd look for them more often, but nope, G&P all day lol. He did attempt a kimura on Mark Hunt though, a strength-based submission on a guy 70 pounds bigger than him lol. Hunt reversed him to the bottom with ease.

When Frank Trigg made his ref debut this weekend, I was like hmm, isn't that the guy Robbie killed?

In KOTC back in 2005 he submitted Jeremy Brown by armbar. Wasn't that a fairly big MMA promotion back in the day?
I remember hearing about him subbing someone in a KOTC fight back around that time. And yeah, KOTC has a lot of history. A lot of big names have passed through.

I think he attempted subs or sub setups vs Yoshida, Arona, Hunt

Back