Fun Fact : GSP landed way more strikes in Fitch fight than Woodley did in his last 2 fights combined

The Domin8or

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodley landed 57 strikes against maia while scoring one knockdown and landed 54 strikes against Wonderboy(2) while scoring a takedown and a knockdown in the other side GSP landed 210 strikes against Fitch while dropping him 3 times and taking him down 7 seven times . Just the facts nothing else .

Also another fun fact : This is my first thread since july 5th
5hY6pt1.gif

Fitch was a very good fighter, but had absolutely no "out" possible in the fight with GSP.

GSP was literally better in every aspect of the MMA game.

That is probably one of my favorite GSP fights of all time. GSP wasn't afraid of Fitchs striking or ground game so he let loose. Showed his striking ability to the max. Very rare of GSP to show it. He also showed it in the Micheal Bisping fight so that probably tells you he didn't respect Bispings stand up either lol

Last edited:
This is true.

That was a 25 minute one-sided beatdown. Fitch was on a roll, undefeated in the UFC and was supposed to be the 'Guy' who would take GSP down and beat him up.

GSP made him look like an amateur.

He landed loads of strikes in a fight, who gives a shit?

Nobody ever speaks about Nate Diaz landing every punch he threw against Cerrone.
Because Nate Diaz is a journeymen thats why . GSP did that in a 5 round fight against one of the top dogs in the UFC and one of the most dominant welterweights ever(Fitch never won a belt but he dominated most of his opponents .) , GSP dominated him .

That is my all time favourite GSP fight , He complete outclassed Fitch , He would strike with fitch and as soon as fitch got comfortable with striking GSP would mix things up and take him down , it was a thing of beauty

That was the fight that made me an MMA fan.

GSP just fucked Fitch's entire world up. The fact that Fitch survived still astounds me. There was a point in third(?) round, where GSP knocks him down with punches, keeps punching him on the way up, and then hits him FLUSH with a knee counter as Fitch panic wrestles and Fitch STILL doesn't go out.

Unreal display of heart and chin.

That is probably one of my favorite GSP fights of all time. GSP wasn't afraid of Fitches striking or ground game so he let lose. Showed his striking ability to the max. Very rare of GSP to show it. He also showed it in the Micheal Bisping fight so that probably tells you he didn't respect Bispings stand up either lol

GSP's game is awesome, because he's so good at everything, he can just get what's given to him. So he feints and if the guy go forward he's going to shoot for a takedown and if he's going backwards he's gonna jab or leg kick. Why would he take 2 steps to telegraph a double leg when the guy is giving it to him. Bisping was awkwardly passive in that fight, it's why GSP wasn't in full grappling mode, I don't think he really wanted to strike with Bisping or that he didn't respect him.

Back