Fumetsu Leather Sparring Boxing Gloves

dan99

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
hi has anyone used them if so how are they ?

Yes, I have tried them.

Can't find the old post where I talked about them...damnit. You can search around, there was one.

In short, they use hard imf padding. I don't recommend anyone using that in sparring. The quality is okay-ish/decent. They should be around the range of beginner/fitness gloves, don't think anyone who trains serious should take them as their primary sparring gloves.

At the end I am keeping the Fumetsu bag glove model, since the hard imf pop loudly on bags, I like that. Also like the green, the rhino and the weight, feels pretty nice using them in hot summer.

The sparring model is just not right, padding too hard. They use dual velcro system as well, but you wouldn't be able to pull it off yourself since there isn't a rubber grip.(Unless you bite and pull off with your teeth, then maybe. I'd never do that for hygiene reason) If you do hard sparring session, 100% not the right gloves.
If you do like karate or something, just point fighting, light tapping the other guy, then maybe. But at the end, Thai brands are just wayyy better with a small and reasonable increase in cost.

Some old photos:
Hl0Hzj7.jpg

Glove itself
hh6yAJQ.jpg

Impossible to take off that secondvelcro on your own, pretty much.
MC6VQFa.jpg

This is how much you can bend forward.
C2GAncl.jpg

Backward.
duUEVEZ.jpg

Sparring and the bag glove version. I like the bag version, offers a nice different feel.

Last edited:
thanks that's a shame as it said designed specifically for sparring what thai ones do you recommend ?

thanks that's a shame as it said designed specifically for sparring what thai ones do you recommend ?

Thai ones are pretty much all good. You rarely come across some really terrible gloves, mainly just avoid synthetic gloves.

Top King,Twins are bulkier, tends to be better sparring gloves if you like to protect your partner more. If you like compact one, Fairtex are a good option too.

Along with Thaismai, Boon, maybe Raja. There are loads, lace up, velcro, long cuff, short cuff....

i was looking at twins but there almost double the price i looked at pro box gloves but they wont hold up to thai or kickboxing use

i was looking at twins but there almost double the price i looked at pro box gloves but they wont hold up to thai or kickboxing use

Pro-box is rubbish. You are from the UK then? Get Thai brand directly from Thailand cut the cost by a good margin, online store located in the UK rip you off.

Thai brand really offers the highest C/P ratio, it's well worth the extra and worth every penny of that price.

If you really can't afford them, then I guess the only decent option left is the Lemarr boxing gloves, they are lace up around 49 quid on ebay? IIRC.

I have them as well, but I personally don't like them. But they are decent in other people's eyes. So maybe it's an option for you.

thanks yes im in the uk what site should i order the thai gloves from ?

thanks yes im in the uk what site should i order the thai gloves from ?

The major 3 I use are Muaythai-fighting, muaythai stuff and muay thai factory. Also a smaller site called Soksai.

Oh before you make that decision, I just remembered @Kick_@ss_Seabass mentioned the Everlast Protex 3 Gel was good too, which is available on sport direct for only 43 quid atm. May be he can give you a better insight.

The Everlast Protex3 are good, but milles away from Thai brand. I really feel they won't last too long.

If I were you, I would invest in some Twins or TK for sparring and Fairtex for bag/pads.

yes i will get some thai gloves the Everlast Protex3 don't look too strong its so hard to find good low cost sparring gloves

Fairtex BGV6's are specifically designed for hard sparring, soft padding and little to no break in period. I enjoy using them for sparring although if you even tried to use them on a bag you'd destroy your gloves in about 5 - 6 weeks. They are designed to last hard sparring for a long time just not bag or pad work.

ive been looking what are the cheapest thai gloves that are worth looking at

for 14 oz ones i see the price goes up is it really that much cheaper ordering from Thailand after shipping ?

ive been looking what are the cheapest thai gloves that are worth looking at

for 14 oz ones i see the price goes up is it really that much cheaper ordering from Thailand after shipping ?

Order some Fairtex BGV6's off Ebay from Thailand they're like 79usd for 14oz with free shipping a lot of the time.

Back