Full camp Chad Mendes could have beat Conor

I'm not taking a stance on how the fight could've turned out differently, but just a FYI: Mendes was injured going into that fight.

yxaLJB.gif

And the earliest account I can find for Mendes being put on standby was June 24th of that year (which amounts to essentially 18 days to make weight and nothing else). If anyone can source an interview that confirms he indeed had a full camp, please link ;).

What? First you say Mendes didn't train and now he's some how injured? Lmao, fucking fool. He was prepared via Fox Sports. No it wasn't a full 8-week camp, neither was Conor's because he was actually injured. Chad was juiced up to the gills though, and still lost. Get over it.

What? First you say Mendes didn't train and now he's some how injured? Lmao, fucking fool. He was prepared via Fox Sports. No it wasn't a full 8-week camp, neither was Conor's because he was actually injured. Chad was juiced up to the gills though, and still lost. Get over it.
So aggressive, like a hormonal teenage girl

Talk about an overreaction.

Cite your source, otherwise Mendes had an 18 day camp for just making weight. And I only point out Mendes' injury and non-existent camp because everyone else was talking about McGregor's alleged injury and alleged non-existent camp as if he was somehow the more disadvantaged fighter going into that fight.

There's nothing to get over because I never cared about the outcome then, nor do I care about the outcome now.

Lol Conor had 7 days to prepare for an entirely different opponent with and entirely different skill set. Like he wouldn't have done his camp differently if he knew he would be fighting a guy like Mendes... That fight was a sloppy mess and means nothing. Remember when "full camp Diaz" wouldn't be touched? Yeah we saw how that went.

God people on this site are so fucking clueless about the training aspect of MMA. It's laughable.
I see you disregarded where Conor said, emphatically btw, that he doesn't train for specific opponents.

I'm not saying I believed him when he said that (just like how before the Nate fight he doesn't care about weight classes and then goes on to say Nate was a bigger man and that's why he lost) but he said it.

Talk about an overreaction.

Cite your source, otherwise Mendes had an 18 day camp for just making weight. And I only point out Mendes' injury and non-existent camp because everyone else was talking about McGregor's alleged injury and alleged non-existent camp as if he was somehow the more disadvantaged fighter going into that fight.

There's nothing to get over because I never cared about the outcome then, nor do I care about the outcome now.

So you admit to making up Mendes' injury just to further your own gain?

Conor had a verifiable injury. It was not alleged. it shortened his camp. Just like Chad had a shortened camp. Chad was also on PEDs.

Conor was no doubt the much more disadvantaged fighter. He overcame his adversity though, and it made him better for it.

Just rewatched the fight... If Chad Mendes had been in shape, and had a proper camp, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have submitted or decisioned Conor.

Besides Diaz, Chad was really the only fighter to make McGregor seem beatable. Whats interesting is that Chad is a wrestler, and was able to connect very strong shots on McGregor on the ground, and a very nasty cut via elbow.

Chad also attempted a few submissions, and its clear to me on the final seconds of the fight, he emptied the tank on a final guillotine attempt, knowing that he didnt have any gas left. McGregor was able to scramble, and as soon as they got up, Chad knew he was done.

After the ko you can see Conors reaction, sorta still shocked and surprised of the final outcome, he has very little gas left and can barely celebrate the victory, you can clearly see he wasnt too comfortable with how things were going.

This has really been an eye opener for me, Khabib is much bigger and stronger than mendes, though he doesnt have a great single leg. His ground control and GnP are a lot better than mendes', and his cardio will surely be way better than 2 week Chad.

Conor will also go through that conditioning dip after round 2, and Conors chances of finishing Khabib after round 2 diminish considerably. IMO if Khabib doesnt end up KOd in round 1 or 2, Khabib will humiliate Conor. We could well be in for another episode of El Tapo.

basically i agree with your points 100%. Conors only chance of winning is if he catches kahbib early round 1 or 2 with a kick or punch that is enough to wobble him where conor goes for the finish.

If the first 2 rounds is basically kahbib having his way and taking down conor not allowing him to get up, by round 3 conor won't have anymore pop to his punches, kahbib will eat them like a cupcake, and eventually his relentless take downs will tire conor out so much much he'll either sink in a submission like nate did, or continue to gnp until the ref stops the fight.

Point being conor only has one chance of winning and thats if he hits kahbib hard enough to do enough damage to finish him, if that does not work then kahbib will just keep wearing him down with take downs and gnp until he finishes conor or gets a dominant decision win.

No sympathy for a juice head wannabe redneck that trains with cody no dad neck tats at team alpha fail.

And he lost to a drained, one legged Conor lol.

Alpha Fails are always in shape. Chad had an 8 pack lmao

Conor also had two bums and trained zero wrestling and still stuffed half his takedowns

Just mind games, of course they prepare. Its no coincidence that the only 2 difficult fights where Conor struggled was against short notice opponents.
He struggled against nate X2 and the 2nd time he "retired" because he couldnt focus on training then spent 300,000 on a camp . So he got extra time, invested heavily into training and ran into the same issues. I dont fault him for the Chad fight, Chads was a legit FW at the time. Conor struggles there even with a camp.

I see you disregarded where Conor said, emphatically btw, that he doesn't train for specific opponents.

I'm not saying I believed him when he said that (just like how before the Nate fight he doesn't care about weight classes and then goes on to say Nate was a bigger man and that's why he lost) but he said it.

Look at the Diaz rematch. The low kicks on Nate's lead leg, the circling out and basically jogging away, the body work and elbows in the clinch... these are things smart & well prepared fighters do when they fight a Diaz bro. Things Conor never did before...

I just don't believe it, there's no way. If he isn't training differently for Khabib he is a dead man lol.

Whats your take on conor khabib?

I favour Khabib, but he's plenty hittable on the way in. I think Khabib should be a reasonable favourite, but anyting more than 3 to 2 makes you wonder. Anything close to even odds I say bet on Khabib, but otherwise...

Back