Full camp Chad Mendes could have beat Conor

Full cream Mende's excuses were pathetic, if you are going to make excuses about the short camp then don't take the fight.
Man's just a choker, he is 0 for 4 in the 4 biggest fights of his career, a full camp wasn't going to help his weak mind.

Just rewatched the fight... If Chad Mendes had been in shape, and had a proper camp, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have submitted or decisioned Conor.

Besides Diaz, Chad was really the only fighter to make McGregor seem beatable. Whats interesting is that Chad is a wrestler, and was able to connect very strong shots on McGregor on the ground, and a very nasty cut via elbow.

Chad also attempted a few submissions, and its clear to me on the final seconds of the fight, he emptied the tank on a final guillotine attempt, knowing that he didnt have any gas left. McGregor was able to scramble, and as soon as they got up, Chad knew he was done.

After the ko you can see Conors reaction, sorta still shocked and surprised of the final outcome, he has very little gas left and can barely celebrate the victory, you can clearly see he wasnt too comfortable with how things were going.

This has really been an eye opener for me, Khabib is much bigger and stronger than mendes, though he doesnt have a great single leg. His ground control and GnP are a lot better than mendes', and his cardio will surely be way better than 2 week Chad.

Conor will also go through that conditioning dip after round 2, and Conors chances of finishing Khabib after round 2 diminish considerably. IMO if Khabib doesnt end up KOd in round 1 or 2, Khabib will humiliate Conor. We could well be in for another episode of El Tapo.
Yeah Chad Mendes definitely sits on his ass doing nothing unless he has a fight lined up. He trains year round. Conor had to fight Mendes on short notice too. It's not like Conor knew the fight was happening with Mendes while Mendes didn't.

He was preparing for a striker and the striker was replaced with one of the best wrestlers in the division, if not the best.

Last edited:
Are we back in 2015 again? LMAO, this is just sad.

If you can't beat a guy when his knee is out you're need going to beat him healthy.

Would've, could've, didn't. Conor had a messed up knee and no respect for Mendes striking. Full camp, full juice Mendes still gets iced within 2.

Prior to the fight = I'm always in shape.
Post-fight: I was coming off the couch, hardly train.
Post-post fight: pops for PEDs.
Yea the cardio shit was bullshit. Chad was on a hunting trip prior to the fight, anybody who hunts knows that takes some serious cardio. Lugging gear and a gun up and down rugged terrain is a bitch.

I guess his no camp erased his ncaa all american experience too. Went 40% td on a irish guy with no prior wrestling experience.

Conor didn't knock him out regardless.. tko, isn't a ko.

When was the last time Conor actually knocked someone out, not a tko, with a punch, prior to Chad? Gotta go all the way back to 2012..

Aldo. 2015. 13 seconds.

Didn't see mention to the fact Chad Mendes had a serious foot injury to the point where he was limping on the countdown. Something people seem to forget.

If only Aldo hadn’t pussied out, everything would be different.

At least Conor had a camp.

Mendes didn't train for Conor and he didn't even have a camp on top of that.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. lol you Conor haters are the most triggered people I've ever encountered

I'm not convinced that a guy who's been training most of his life is gassing in 1 round because he didn't have 6 weeks of his training camp.
Fucking bingo

It doesn't matter how long Chad was on some hunting trip... he's a world class fighter, HE WOULD NOT GAS in less than two rounds if not for Conor's going to the body as often and effectively as he did.

People always say Chad lost in the second round because he was gassed... well what the fuck, why do you think that is? The dude is 160 pounds off season and he's an elite athlete. He's NEVER that out of shape.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Mendes said well before Aldo pulled out that he was staying in shape because Aldo always pulls out and he'd be ready to jump in at a moment's notice. Fast forward to him getting TKO'd and all of a sudden he came off the couch.

I could have kicked the shit out of Mendes, too. If I had been born a decade earlier and spent my entire life doing combat sports. Could have could have could have but didn't. Garbage fucking thread.

Who knows how the fight would've played out if Mendes was clean.

It's possible, even if Mendes never had great stamina. We already know McGregor doesn't have good stamina, so if he doesn't go for the guillotine and rides out position a little longer to get to the 3rd, things could have been interesting. I'd still likely side with McGregor eventually winning that.

Whats your take on conor khabib?

Back