Full Bellator 183 plus BKickboxing sept. 23rd cards. Henderson vs Pitbull main event

Featherweight Kickboxing Bout: Joe Palacios (7-7) vs. Malaipet (145-31-6)
<FookIsThatGuy>

Could it be Typo? Jose Palacios is 44 and 13 or is he Glory exclusive? also not sure where to look so ill ask here could this guy have like an extensive MT record?

It's the best kickboxing card Bellator has put on. However you ARE going to wait, like it or not. Almost two weeks as a matter of fact, until Friday October 6th specifically, to watch this on Spike on TV after Bellator 184 airs live. They don't even have the excuse of this card taking place overseas to tape delay the kickboxing portion of the card this time. It's ridiculous. What are you doing Coker?
Really? You mean the kickboxing is taking place on same day and venue but they are not showing it until 2 weeks later?

Ugh. Only in BELLATOR

Right or wrong, I think Spike wants to try to separate the two and maybe cash in on ratings for two night instead of one. At the same time they can also gauge if anyone even gives a shit about Kickboxing in America anymore. If Bellator goes out and does there 800K with a peak of 1.0 as usual and kickboxing two weeks later does 250K chances are it slams the door on kickboxing in the future. Why waste the resources on it? If does ok maybe they continue it once in a while if they feel its viable.

Personally they got a lot do work on with the MMA product and should concentrate on that.

So they are gonna wait until after Bellator card on Oct 6th to air it? I mean it makes sense to have it after an MMA event cause you have that audience right there but not two weeks later.

Air the show live the night it happens after the Bellator card. Why wait two more weeks?

It really does show Bellator or Spike has no confidence in this product on its own.

You're shitting me?? Does the 184 card really suck that bad where Bellator thinks they need to attract more viewers by airing a KB card after? What the hell are Coker and Viacom doing?

Actually it's the other way around Bellator is hoping people stay tuned to the Kickboxing card after the MMA fights.

Kickboxing cards havent done great numbers and Bellator mma averages a solid amount of viewers every show this one should peak close to or over a million viewers.

Raymond Daniels is my Favorite though Ross is cool too.Great cards and close to home very nice.

Malaipet has looked like a shell of himself in recent years IMO
Even at his gym, when he's training, he doesn't look the same as the late 90s and early 2000s. He's my fav Thai Boxer, so regardless, I will still remain a fan, even though he gets beat by Palacios in this fight. And anyone in the Sunnyvale or San Jose areas, go train with Jose Palacios at Smashgym!

Actually it's the other way around Bellator is hoping people stay tuned to the Kickboxing card after the MMA fights.

Kickboxing cards havent done great numbers and Bellator mma averages a solid amount of viewers every show this one should peak close to or over a million viewers.

Raymond Daniels is my Favorite though Ross is cool too.Great cards and close to home very nice.
True if that were true, but the tape delay is two weeks later. I imagine they will do a buildup show for it, being most of the fighters on the kickboxing card are Bay Area based fighters, very popular and some have fought in Strikeforce or currently under contract with Bellator for MMA.

Daniel's is flashy, but doesn't really impress me. Ross is my third favorite kickboxer, behind Malapiet and Bunkerd, and is also a homie, so gotta root for him at all times.

You can look and see the Bellator kickboxing cards havent faired well in ratings there is no reason to air it by itself it will do WSOF numbers.

You can see the numbers are better when kickboxing follows an mma card.

Personally i like kickboxing i watch every card and watched glory when it was on spike,but it seems kickboxing still isn't really catching on.I'm hoping coker is persistent and keeps pushing.

In the future i'd like to see mma crossovers like MVP,DALEY,etc showcase their standup skills.

Really? You mean the kickboxing is taking place on same day and venue but they are not showing it until 2 weeks later?

Ugh. Only in BELLATOR

So I have to wait two weeks for the videos on the Spike website as well?

So I have to wait two weeks for the videos on the Spike website as well?
Probably. I doubt they would let it come out before the broadcast. Sometimes they will let videos go online right after the broadcast (others like FS1 on Fight Pass take a month or two) but I doubt anyone would let it come out before.

MAIN CARD (Spike, 9 p.m. ET)

• Benson Henderson (155.9) vs. Patricky Freire (156)
  • Paul Daley (171) vs. Lorenz Larkin (171)
  • Javy Ayala (265.3) vs. Roy Nelson (262.4)
  • Adam Piccolotti (155.2) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (155.9)
  • Justin Linn (146) vs. Aaron Pico (144.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 6:30 pm. ET)

• Brooke Mayo (125.6) vs. Kaytlin Neil (125.2)
  • Fernando Gonzalez (171) vs. Alex Lopez (171)
  • Gaston Bolanos (145.6) vs. Brandon Laroco (145.5)
  • Tony Johnson (204.8) vs. Mike Ortega (204.9)
  • Justin Tenedora (135.9) vs. Ricardo Vasquez (135.7)
  • Corina Herrera (123.5) vs. Jaimelene Nievera (125.4)
  • Luis Jauregui (154.9) vs. J.J. Okanovich (154.5)
  • Anthony Castrejon (125.8) vs. Daniel Gonzalez (123.2)

Decent event. For MMA I just really want to see rory vs lima already. The kickboxing event will be fun though.

Pretty amazing card. They put some really good fights on this one.

Tape delay is literally the dumbest thing U can do this day in age

Back