Fuji BJJ Gi Review

No problem man. No I hang up the gi to dry. I also pull down on the sleeves after the wash make sure they don't shorten. The gi top fits me fine. The gi pants are a little long for me. I will shrink them a little bit.

Anybody ever put one in the dryer and shrank the crap out of it??

Ok, I want to get a Fuji BJJ gi but I don't know what size to get. I got a size 5 Fuji Judo gi and hung it to dry, and it was basically too small, it shrank to almost a 4 (really good gi though.)

So, in the BJJ gi, I don't know if I should get an A3, like I normally would, or an A4 and put it in the dryer etc.... I'm 5'11" around 165 lbs. I don't need it to be tight at all, but I don't want to be swimming in it either.

I have a size 5 judo gi (which I've been using in BJJ), but I just ordered the A3 Fuji. I'm 5'11", 180 pounds. I'll let you know how it goes in about a week if you want.

On a side note, with Judo, I always went with the double weave for durability. I did the same for the Fuji gi, but it seems a lot of people in BJJ prefer the single weave. Why? Is it a lot lighter for competition reasons?

nice...great pricing for this kimono..thanks for the review...been lookin to buy a blue kimono lol..

Can anybody with an A3 measure the slack in the arms?

Here's a pic of the GI slack measurement tool. Basically, they run this down the entire length of the arm and if the slack is too short, you can't use it to compete.

Obviously, your arms will be different sizes than mine, but if you're much heavier than me and have acceptable slack, then it will work on me as well.

Basically, the slack needs to be 2 inches or more. So pinch the gi starting at the wrist and moving down to the armpit and see if your slack is at least 2" throughout.

Tool.jpg

TTT
Just wanted to see how the kimono is holding up. I'm thinking of ordering one today.

Great thread, by the way.

I have a size 5 judo gi (which I've been using in BJJ), but I just ordered the A3 Fuji. I'm 5'11", 180 pounds. I'll let you know how it goes in about a week if you want.

On a side note, with Judo, I always went with the double weave for durability. I did the same for the Fuji gi, but it seems a lot of people in BJJ prefer the single weave. Why? Is it a lot lighter for competition reasons?

Double's are hot and mcuh less comfortable but worth the hassle for the advantages in the grip fight. My 60 something Judo coach can only demonstrate certain techniques a few times when I am wearing my Fuji double because the collar is so thick and hard. Most Judoka only wear their doubles for Shia and wear single weaves for training.

With BJJ there is less grip fighting so many guys don't think it is worth the trade off.

I wear a Fuji double for Judo and an Atama Goldweave for BJJ.

Just ordered a Fuji single weave size A2. I am 5'7" 160lbs and will let you know how it fits when it arrives.

Currently I've only used a Kikskin size 5 and it is very big on me after shrinking several times.

just got it in the mail and tried it on, pants are amazing compared to me Kikskin pants.

A2 on me is perfect fit right out of the bag so I'm nervous about how much it will shrink. I'm 158lbs 5'7"

I'll let you know more when I wash it and roll in it a few times.

I tried taking pictures myself and had no look on good shots...I'll have someone snap a few of me in it.

just got it in the mail and tried it on, pants are amazing compared to me Kikskin pants.

A2 on me is perfect fit right out of the bag so I'm nervous about how much it will shrink. I'm 158lbs 5'7"

I tried taking pictures myself and had no look on good shots...I'll have someone snap a few of me in it.

wash it cold and hang dry

you got your gi that quick? that's awesome. Who did you buy from? Looking forward to seeing the pics of the gi.

Thanks.

you got your gi that quick? that's awesome. Who did you buy from? Looking forward to seeing the pics of the gi.

Thanks.

sorry for the confusion there, I actually ordered it from Bodovideos on the 20th and it came the 25th which is pretty quick as it came from Cali to NY

Paid around $70

I rolled in it this morning and loved it. I'll let you know how it compares to my kikskin single weave after I roll in the FUJI a few more times as well as a few washer machine runs on it.

I washed in cold water and tugged on the sleeves before hangng it up to dry.

Still working on getting someone to take the pics of it on me.

the only bad thing about fujis is that their drawstrings are a pain.

Wow, lot's of great reviews and great advice on sizing questions! So I have to ask too....:redface: I'm about 6'2 190lbs, (34 waist 34 inseam) with a pretty athletic build. Should I go A3 or A4?

I was considering going A4 and trying to shrink it up a little bit if I need to. If go A3 I can't make it any bigger, so I could be stuck. It seems like the other 2 A3's I have are too short in the pants and the arm length.

Advice is greatly appreciated! :icon_chee

the only bad thing about fujis is that their drawstrings are a pain.

I had issues with the kikskin drawstring and thought the pants were the worst {without any experience to use as comparison } got my FUJI and thought the drawstring was amazing, but I suppose that was before use and wash and maybe it will get tough and annoying just like the kikskin.

Here are a few pictures of my FUGI gi after one use and one wash in cold water and hang dry.

5'7" 158lbs bought a A2 probably should have got a A3 and shrunk it down.

Sorry if the quality of the shots are not fantastic.

FUJIgi00111111.jpg

FUJIgi006.jpg

FUJIgi005.jpg

FUJIgi004.jpg

FUJIgi003.jpg

FUJIgi002.jpg

bjj-guy,
thanks for posting the pics. I just ordered mine last week and I'm currently waiting for it. I'm 5'6 150 lbs. so I ordered an A2.

I have a few of questions for you. Was that a fuji belt you have one? If so is it also an A2 size?

I was also curious if the gi closes all the way across the other hip.

Thanks again.

bjj-guy,
thanks for posting the pics. I just ordered mine last week and I'm currently waiting for it. I'm 5'6 150 lbs. so I ordered an A2.

I have a few of questions for you. Was that a fuji belt you have one? If so is it also an A2 size?

I was also curious if the gi closes all the way across the other hip.

Thanks again.

No it's actually just a cheap belt I bought on Budovideos.com - it's an A2

I think the A2 will be a good fit for you if you do not shrink it. My comments on thinking mine is too small are because I'm use to a very large kikskin GI and wearing a GI that is now snug and fits properly is rather strange and will take some getting use to.

yes it closes to the other hip, but I notice it is harder to stay closed when rolling -- again a size issue for me, but since you're a bit leighter than me I have a feeling the A2 will be perfect for u

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back