Fuji BJJ Gi Review

Ordered a single weave today...ordered an A2 and im 5'10" and 160 took me a bit to order becuase i was unsure of whether to order A2 or A3 but ive worn other brand A2's so hopefully its mostly universal.

I am 5' 10" and 158.7 lbs and I've ordered A3 size.. I've made some correspondence via. email and they've suggested me to order A3 and shrink it to fit.
I'll make some photos and post some opinion when my Fuji will come.

I am 6'1" and 200lb. and I wear an A3. I noticed in other pictures, the skirt is a bit shorter than my atama. If you order the same size you wear in other gi's it will be a bit small. I shrank mine a tiny bit and it fits perfect. I wouldn't trade the pants for anything though. Best pants I own so far.

Dammit your about 40 pounds heavier then me and 2 inches and they told me to get a A3 so i switched the order to it. how was the fit when you orginally got it..would you say it would be huge on a guy my size (check a few posts up)

Man, it all depends on your specific build. weight and height mean nothing. it'll probably be a good length in the sleeves and the skirt will be the length that it should (sleeves and skirt are short on me). I carry a lot of my weight in my thighs and my core. The top should fit you fine. You will be able to shrink it if you want to.

Overall a good pick. you're set. Enjoy the gi.

Thanks and on that note Did any of you guys order from hatashita? how is thier customer services and how fast do they ship? ive sent a few emails and have only gotten one response recently.

Thanks and on that note Did any of you guys order from hatashita? how is thier customer services and how fast do they ship? ive sent a few emails and have only gotten one response recently.

I've ordered from hatashita. First I didn't get any response but after I send second mail I got response with apologises that they didn't response.. After this I was receiving responses from they.
I'm still waiting for my package.. I've made my order on Monday in last week and they send it on Tuesday. I think I should get my gi today.

I'll do some photos - after and before shrinkage.

Edit: Yup it came 10 minutes ago :D

fujinq6.png

Just recieved my Gi acutally very fast shipping...probably becuase it came from NY and im in NJ lol..also the A3 seems good and it should shrink well after a warm water wash and hang dry.

Just recieved my Gi acutally very fast shipping...probably becuase it came from NY and im in NJ lol..also the A3 seems good and it should shrink well after a warm water wash and hang dry.

I'm a similiar size to you and it shrunk to a nice fit. I was worried initially, but it does shrink a fair bit.

Heh, I don't have dryer and I wonder how my gi will shrink, I did some measurements before washing it and after.. I hanged it and left it to dry.. When it will fit just like I want I'll post some pictures with measurements..
Btw any ideas how to shrink it to fit without dryer?

heat it up with a hand dryer or put it near a heating vent / fireplace

thanks for the great review. i just got the blue a3 today at budovideos. looks great, its a lil long on the arms but it fits great, fits well since i have broad shoulders. i gotta washing and dry it to shrink it. i'll post pics later

ive been training in mine for the past few weeks and its good. My only compaint is that the pant legs are very wide. I shrunk it and it fits well but the legs look like a Judo cut. But other than that the top is great, Feels really strong and durable and the collars pretty good.

100% worth it at the price.

hi guys,

Since there's a review thread about the fuji gis, and quite a number of ppl have gotten them, and experienced them, just tapping into that with an enquiry on fit.

I am 5'8"and weighing about 170 pounds

Should I get the A2 or A3? Thanks!

I dunno, Im a decently big guy at 6'1" and 200 right now and the gi's pants and arms are a bit short on me. I'd say get the a3 and shrink it if you have to

thanks dragonfire, for that input.

I think i am leaning to the A3 then. I was thinking of the A3. A couple of us guys at our academy gonna buy this gi and give it a go.

This is just my part to ascertain the size for myself.

the fujis are definately a "competition" cut. The cuffs are narrower and the gi itself is tighter than same size bad boy (atama gold weave), Kagi clubsport, and vulcans.

Ok, I want to get a Fuji BJJ gi but I don't know what size to get. I got a size 5 Fuji Judo gi and hung it to dry, and it was basically too small, it shrank to almost a 4 (really good gi though.)

So, in the BJJ gi, I don't know if I should get an A3, like I normally would, or an A4 and put it in the dryer etc.... I'm 5'11" around 165 lbs. I don't need it to be tight at all, but I don't want to be swimming in it either.

Back